Total Pageviews

Thursday, 22 May 2014

Day 981 - Happy Birthday Parody Moz

My twitter timeline is full of birthday wishes for Morrissey, who turns 55 today, but I didn't start writing my blog for Morrissey, I started writing it for the genius who is behind MorrisseysWorld, and although he is probably too modest to mention it, I am guessing that today is his birthday too, so to the hairy-backed bedsit dweller, if you happen to be reading this, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD ****!" And what better present to give a hairy-backed loner in a bedsit, than a song about blow-up dolls.... In Every Dream Home a Heartache:



Interestingly enough, it was brought to my attention yesterday; whilst reading concert comments on Solow... but don't tell anybody, that one of Morrissey's pre-concert videos is The Seven Deadly Finns by Brian Eno. I was not familiar with this song from 1974, but having now listened to it, I have discovered that it is a song about.... FRENCH GIRLS! This has to be a Morrissey nod to Mademoiselle Fifi, Astaea, and the Twitterdilly Arms, it just has to be!:











Embedded image permalink
BB - A FRENCH GIRL WITH ROSES ON HER DRESS

Right then, birthday wishes have been sent, so I shall now turn my thoughts to MorrisseysWorld and Morrissey's World?

The MorrisseysWorld blog remains closed, and there has been no sign of @MorrisseyParody in The Arms. We shall have to see if he pops in for a birthday drink! The website MorrisseysWorld.Com is still linking straight to TTY, so still nobody knows if this website and associated twitter account is anything to do with MorrisseysWorld or Morrissey's World... or NEITHER! Is it going to be a parody account, i.e. MorrisseysWorld but on a more professional scale, or is it going to be a Morrissey backed site to replace TTY, or perhaps it is going to be a fan site to replace Solow? Nobody knows.... well, SOMEBODY knows, but as yet there is still NOTHING! I was hoping that the website might have sprung into life on Morrissey's birthday, but that hasn't happened.

So, with MorrisseysWorld remaining quiet, what about Morrissey's World? There was no concert last night, and still no Youtube footage has emerged from the Liberty Hall concert in Lawrence, but that is hardly surprising bearing in mind that ALL videoing/photographing equipment was banned.

Embedded image permalink













Embedded image permalink






Embedded image permalink

The only footage I have seen at all from Lawrence, is an Instagram clip of First of the Gang to Die and a brief piece of Ganglord on Youtube:



And whilst on the subject of Ganglord, a clip of it being sung in El Paso on May 13 has at last found it's way onto Youtube, along with a number of other songs from that concert, including Girl Least Likely To, which hasn't been sung at any other concert on this tour. Morrissey opens Ganglord with a couple of "God help me"'s:

GANGLORD:


SPEEDWAY (INCLUDING A SORT OF BARKING NOISE DURING THE PAUSE!):


GIRL LEAST LIKELY TO:


GLOVE:


SUNDAY:


Yesterday I wrote that Natalie Johns had tweeted me to say that Twin Peaks had not been mentioned by Morrissey during their discussions for the spoken word videos, but what I forgot to mention was that according to Natalie, four were shot in total, and there is a "great surprise in the final one." Presumably the final one will be for Earth is the Loneliest Planet. We like surprises around here.

I also wrote yesterday that there has been a new visitor to The Twitterdilly Arms, in the shape of @TheRatsTalisman. I presumed that Talisman was another Moz pessoa, only because as soon as Talisman had come and gone, Mademoiselle Fifi and Astraea both turned up, but I am now wondering if that was just a coincidence; after all, coincidences happen a lot around here. I note form my twitter timeline that Talisman, Fifi and Astraea appeared in The Arms again yesterday.

Talisman arrived in The Arms on Tuesday, asking Parody Moz to give a sign to ME! I have no idea what sort of sign my Talisman is asking for, but we shall have to see if his request is granted. Talisman also came bearing a gift; a new t-shirt design, which combines the Twin Peaks blue rose, with the wording given to us by Fifi.... or was it Parody Moz... or Astraea? I genuinely lose track of who says what around here! Here is Tali's design:

Embedded image permalink
THE PERFECT BLUE ROSE SOCIETY SHIRT, COMBINING TWIN PEAKS WITH MORRISSEYSWORLD

I am hoping that either @MadAlix14 or @Heathercat222 will get the shirt made, and get it to Moz. Tali suggested another idea, "Perhaps an LP with a "Blue Rose" on the cover may get Moz's attention. Then offer the rose. 1 good LP sized print inside a plastic dust cover with the LP may do the trick. I am thinking getting Moz's attention and interest is most of the battle. Then he may accept."

On Talisman's second visit to The Arms, he brought with him these rather amusing photos:

Embedded image permalink



Embedded image permalink

Talisman also offered these words, "I ask @MorrisseyParody to grant @TheRatsBack a sign." He also added, "Decisions. Should I wear a red suit to the shows and wear a mask like in Twin Peaks, or just roll with a tee shirt and my leopard print pants." Actually, as I re-read through these tweets, I have changed my mind, I DON'T think Talisman is a pessoa after all. A certain person would NEVER write tee shirt, and he also posted a photo of him holding a tarot card. Those fingers are all wrong, as are the dreadful wooden rails behind!:



Fifi's visits have been fairly brief. On Tuesday she criticised my French, instructing me to "Give up"!
Astraea on the other hand was more annoyed at @BestOscarWilde, asking, "@BestOscarWilde WHY is this on my TL from you "Ever got drunk and texted mom fantasies about GF?"?! You are perhaps Wilde's Worst Nightmare."

I guess that the person behind the @BestOscarAccount has let their own personality get in the way of the part they are supposedly playing. This also happened last Friday, at the Smyths concert I went to watch at the Wedgewood Rooms. During the set, the guy playing the part of a '1983-1987 Morrissey', decided to call UKIP "scum". Not only were UKIP not in existence between 1983-1987; thus leaving his comment out of context in the role he was playing, but also, both TRM and Parody Moz have shown support for UKIP, which means the Smyths singer has not done his homework very well.

Morrissey told Loaded magazine in an interview last year, "I nearly voted UKIP. I like Nigel Farage a great deal. His views are quite logical - especially where Europe is concerned." Parody Moz echoed Morrissey's views last week, stating "Who will you be voting for in the Euro 'elections?' UKIP I hope?"

Apart from the Smyths lead singer not playing his role very well, I had an enjoyable evening, with the highlight being What Difference Does it Make. Will Moz EVER sing it again? The next time I will be visiting the Wedgewood Rooms, is in August, to watch Johnny Marr. I was hoping that Mademoiselle Fifi would be accompanying me, but she has blown me out. Perhaps she has a Can-Can lesson on that day. I will be going to watch Johnny Marr with an open mind, but sometimes I do think he is trying just a little bit too hard to be cool. The other day on twitter, JM was asked by @AChubbySquirrel "out of all the bands you've been in, which one was your favourite?" Johnny relied, "My new one and Modest Mouse." Hmm.

Astraea's other contributions in The Arms have been mainly music related, with her, as always, playing the best songs on the jukebox:





When I went to bed last night, Morrissey's touching new single, Istanbul, was sitting at Number 106 in the I tunes chart. This morning, it has disappeared from sight, so I think it is safe to say that it won't be troubling the chart on Sunday. There has still been NO promotion whatsoever for it, NO live plays of it, NO physical release, NO reminder through TTY that it is available to download, and the record company have still not removed the song from Youtube, so the world and it's wife are able to download it for free..... if the world and it's wife happen to want it!

Tonight, the birthday boy will be singing in Dallas Texas. There have been NO blue roses at the last few concerts, and I don't know of any BRS members going to watch in Dallas, so there will no doubt be NO blue rose there either. WHERE is the next blue rose coming from?








Embedded image permalink
BLUE ROSE CAKE BY WILLOW, BIT WHERE IS THE NEXT ROSE COMING FROM?

The Twitterdilly Arms is open for an all day private function..... Parody Morrissey's birthday! Actually, it ISN'T private, it is very much PUBLIC, but I doubt many will come. Will Parody Moz even come? Today is also Euro Election Day in the UK, and although I never vote, I might just pop into the polling station on my way to the Twit Arms, and cast a vote for Moz..... for UKIP. I doubt anybody else will give him their vote for his birthday..... OR buy his latest single for that matter!

Goodnight.

11:12 STOP PRESS: Radio 2 have just played Morrissey's spoken word version of Istanbul..... but DIDN'T play the actual song! ****s!

33 comments:

  1. Where's my slice of willows cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't have any until Mozzer's had a slice!

      Delete
  2. Pretty mindless* I have to say, voting UKIP because Moz would want us to - is that Banjaxer's idea? Not impressive. Otherwise all is good in the land of Moz and its Wizard.

    * not aimed at you personally, just a comment on Banjaxer's tweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not all that bad... or... are they?
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-criticised-after-its-meps-vote-no-on-a-resolution-to-tackle-world-ivory-trade-9278390.html

      Delete
    2. Maybe TRM and Parody Moz were being contrarian and ironic about supporting UKIP?

      "Each time you vote you support the process"

      Delete
  3. Hello Rat, it's a special day and I'm sure something special will happen in Dallas! I love the song Istanbul and I'm sure that the majority of Moz fans are waiting for buying the album who will be a number one! I don't know why, but I think the song Istanbu could be inspired by a novel or a movie or something related to the writer and movie director Ferzan Ozptek, I'm not sure and still I got no clue. Have a nice day! Romina, sorry I can't login.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case anyone misunderstands, *I* didn't make that cake, but I would have if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but the new album is unlikely to be any good. WPINOYB is a bit tuneless. But fair enough, he did release the worst three songs on Your Arsenal before the album.

    But Istanbul is just a plodder. The words are stunning. But the music is typical Jesse Tobias. Absent melody. Zero imagination. No creativity. Mid-paced rock dirge. It's embarrassing.

    How sad that Morrissey now accepts this rubbish and puts it out on record.

    I give up on him. It's over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is whether the artist has broken through the ego to find truth. It's interesting what you say about the spoken word version. Here, we really do see the artist commune with a greater truth, outside of himself. It's interesting that you say Jesse Tobias lacks imagination. No, he's just maybe not connecting to the truth in the same way as Morrissey does. An almost impossible task, surely? Please be assured that this song is a master piece. Unfortunately, you have set yourself an unimaginable bar to leap over. You are the high jumper that wants it to be just one more centimeter higher... just one more time... just one centimeter higher... just one more time... just one centimeter higher... just one very last time... I promise, just one centimeter - oh shit! I've knocked it down... Oh fuck... I can't get over it now... Fuck! Fuck! This fucking thing! It's all over now. All fucking over. Fucking bollocks. I'm a failure. Again.

      Dorian Zarmer

      Delete
    2. well to me the music is fresh and invigorating.
      cinematic, thrilling and desperate.
      everything I could ask for.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't agree more with Edge's words, as my review on yesterday's entry attests. Istanbul is mesmerizing, both lyrically and musically. And I thought it was written by Boz, not Jesse.

      Delete
    4. First, as heathercat already pointed out, the music was written by Boz, genius. Second, melody would only be absent if Morrissey sang just one note throughout the song. Or are you seriously saying that you miss a melody in the 'background' music? You love Years Of Refusal, right? Where's the melody in Something Is Squeezing My Skull? Where's the melody in All You Need Is Me? Where's the melody in You Were Good In Your Time? Musically, Istanbul is extremely complex, but what would a doctor know about music anyway. Third, the only thing embarrassing here is how you present your unqualified opinion as fact. Fourth, it's probably not even your actual opinion, you're just trying to stir things up in your usual manner. And fifth, I agree with Comrade Harps; if you weren't the almighty broken but an anon poster, your comment would have been deleted by TheRatsBack. Rightly so.

      Moz fan

      Delete
    5. But he IS Broken, so he can say whatever he likes about Morrissey, and his comments will remain.

      The high jump bar is indeed raised every single time a new El Pea is released, but every time Morrissey clears the bar by a clear 10 centimetres, so not only will WPINOYB soar to the top of the UK charts (anywhere in the Top 10 IS a success), but the next El Pea release will ALSO see Moz clear the bar, AND the next one, AND the one after that, and the one after that. No other artist can touch Moz, and not can that bar!

      Broken will always remain as that voice of nagging doubt.... the c***!

      Delete
    6. Poor tormented broken rose, can you see it in your heart? :-/

      N.A.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Mozzer
    Oh how we love you, Oh yes we do ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me begin by saying happy birthday to Morrissey. What a gift he was to world when he squeezed his way in.

    Secondly, I do hope that TRM and Parody Morrissey were being satirical in reference to voting UKIP. People seem to only understand their policies regarding immigration. However, have you looked at their other policies? Privatisation of the NHS! To ban gay marriage as it compromises religious beliefs. I believe Parody Moz got into a little argument at one point with a Nigerian who was in support of anti-gay marriage (correct me if I am wrong). How is it that he would support a party that also supports anti-gay marriage? UKIP are also sceptical of man-made global warming and wonder if it is just a conspiracy. If they were to come into power, they would ban showing a documentary concerning the effects of global warming in schools. I am sure I read in Morrissey's autobiography that he believed in global warming and the meat industry was the biggest contributor?

    This post is not a stab at anyone, please do not take it the wrong way. It is just me wondering as per usual.

    Long Time Lurker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for elaborating on my suggestion. Totally agree. About the birthday bit, too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did elaborate on your point! Sorry, I should have left this comment as a reply to your message. Nice to know there are other who think in similar terms.

      Delete
    3. Dear Long time Lurker, I think you will find that Parody Moz's argument with the Nigerian guy was about the guy's primitive views on homosexuality, NOT gay marriage. As far as I am aware, Morrissey doesn't support any form of marriage.

      On the subject of UKIP, my interpretation is that Morrissey/Parody Morrissey is NOT a UKIP supporter, but he agrees with Nigel Farage's view about Brussells making ALL laws for the UK. This is nothing to do with immigration, gay marriage, animal rights or anything else, it is purely about the UK being dictated to by European bureaucrats. I may be wrong, but that is my interpretation, and one I share. I have NOT voted today, and I would be very surprised if Morrissey bothered to fill in his postal vote.

      Delete
    4. Dear TRB,

      Thank you for your reply. I must have gotten that argument confused, I do apologise, it's all from memory and was quite some time ago. You have a great memory!

      Like I said, it was not an attack against anyone in anyway or form. Just expressing an opinion. UKIP are a poor excuse of a party. I agree with the parts concerning the EU also but do not endorse them simply because they have one logical policy. However, Nigel Farage is another story. Have you watched his interview with LBC? The epitome of hypocrisy.

      I have not voted today either - simply because all the parties involved are as corrupt and as manipulative as each other and it would mean choosing the lesser of a million evils. Ha! I very much doubt it either.

      Long Time Lurker

      Delete
    5. A recent twitter exchange with Parody Moz, as recorded on Day 973 of FTM:

      In response to @Heathercat222 saying, "Because all candidates are puppets of the same corrupt system", "@Heathercat222 Correct. They represent the elite. They represent your own marginalisation. UKIP, for all their faults, do not. The people are shouting, "yes!" to UKIP and the establishment are waving their finger: "No, no! Most British people are told how to vote by their favourite newspaper."

      Delete
    6. Reading heathercat's quotes from Parody Moz, I see that it's an analysis of UKIP's popularity, not an endorsement.

      Delete
  8. Even the barking noise sounds good.
    Happy birthday, Morrissey.
    Trouble loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Morrissey! I do hope the crowd sings to him tonight.

    Also, I believe Clover is going to the show tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The BRS will be represented at tonight's concert by Clover. How I dearly wish I could be there, but we'll all be there in spirit. I fondly remember that the 2012 San Diego birthday concert was a special night for the BRS.

    Sending warmest birthday wishes to Moz and Our Mozzer with much love. May trouble love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squeak squeak. Immanentize the coming of Moz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What're we going to do for Day 1000?

      Delete
  12. Excuse me, O Furry One, I'm not making any t-shirts, as I have neither skills nor know-how in that particular department.

    Happy Morrisseymas, fellow devotees.
    Max (MadAlix14 [can't log in])

    ReplyDelete
  13. And now on Eastern Daylight Time (May 22 @ 7:38 pm) from dreary Pittsburgh, Happy Birthday Moz. Have a wonderful show in Dallas this eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Morrissey, may the "Clowns" be in the Upper Level tonight so you stay safe for your continued journey to the East Coast! Life really is a Pigsty and will always be one- Brian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Morrissey! Hope your day is special and as it is 9PM Central time from where I am writing and in Dallas, I am sure you have just begun an amazing concert. Best Wishes. #BRS

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive