It feels like I haven't written a proper blog entry in ages, but that is because A) It has been a busy bank holiday weekend, B) There has been nothing really to report on the MorrisseysWorld/Blue Rose Society front and C) There is no C! I would like to say that the cricket season has burst into full swing, thus keeping me away, but it keeps raining. It always bloody rains!
I signed off from my blog entry last Thursday saying that I may place a vote for UKIP at the Euro elections, but of course I didn't really do it. There is NO point in voting, and two thirds of the British public agreed with me. The results were announced on Sunday, and UKIP did incredibly well, but it is all a joke, because those who did vote, were just using their vote as a protest. UKIP won't actually win any seats at next year's General election, and NOTHING will change. Ed Miliband remains unelectable, so Labour won't win the election, the Lib Dems will disappear completely; with Nick Clegg having destroyed the party for his 15 minutes of personal fame, and David Cameron's Conservative party will therefore win the election by picking up the Lib Dem voters..... and the people will continue to be unhappy.... and the politicians will continue to laugh. Cameron will hold a referendum on Europe, and the outcome will be that the British vote to remain in the European Union.... but they'll continue to be unhappy..... and the politicians will continue to laugh. And this system works? Party politics should be a thing of the past. Independence is the way ahead, but will Independence day EVER come? It can't come soon enough! *coughs*
NIGEL FARAGE - THE ONLY UKIP POLITICIAN WITH ANY CHANCE OF WINNING A SEAT AT NEXT YEAR'S GENERAL ELECTION
Anyway, enough about politics, which ultimately is none of my business, back to Moz. Yesterday evening, I lay in the bath and watched Sunday's Beaumont concert on Youtube. With the exception of Irish Blood, World Peace and Earth is, the whole concert was filmed, and it was superb. They are ALWAYS superb! The only downsides were that Life is a Pigsty and The National Front Disco weren't on the set list in Beaumont, and it would also appear that I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday has completely gone, but having Certain People I Know come in was a pleasant surprise. It could be that I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday has been dropped from the set because the new PETA film is going to come in to take it's place at the beginning of the concerts. It has been reported that the PETA film moved Morrissey to tears, but although I can understand why Morrissey would allow the song to be used to highlight the plight of chickens, it will ALWAYS remain the Jean Cocteau song in my mind. I really hope it returns to the set list; after all, this IS the 'Unofficial Blue Rose Tour'!
The concert in Beaumont also saw Moz give an 'O' sign, aimed right at Clover Dean, but I'm not sure if she spotted it. It can be seen at the 30 second mark, whilst moz is talking to the crowd, before singing Yes, I am Blind:
It was rather disappointing, but also no surprise, to see that Istanbul didn't make it into the singles chart on Sunday. Istanbul is an absolutely stunning song, and it got it's first live airing on Saturday night in Austin, and was also sung in Beaumont on Sunday.
It is criminal that Istanbul isn't being played on National radio. How have things changed SO much in the past few years, so that a new Morrissey song doesn't make it onto the charts? HOW? According to our old friend Broken, the whole new album is "unlikely to be any good". Here is the comment he left last Thursday, on Morrissey's birthday of all days; the bastard!..... that's Broken who's a bastard, not Morrissey!:
Broken's comment was one of the rare sightings of any of the pessoa's in recent days. Astraea has made the occasional visit to The Twitterdilly Arms, but there has been no sign of Mademoiselle Fifi or Parody Moz. The Rat's Talisman turned out to be Jack Shet (@TheeOtherBill), and NOT a pessoa, although I DO like the pictures he keeps coming up with.
There are still rumblings about the @itsmorrissey twitter account, with GWO making some interesting observations:
I don’t do Faceache, but I did see the post on there on 14 May that linked to the @itsmorrissey twitter account saying ‘Feel free to reach out’. I just looked for that and cannot see it so has that now been removed? My guess is that maybe there was a link between the FB and the twitter account. Odd that the twitter account was deactivated but that the ‘official’ Morrissey FB is still active.
This is a case for Columbo.
Harvest Records.com have Morrissey's FB and 'official site' as the 'official' Morrissey FB. But, but, but.........
MORRISSEY IN DALLAS - "FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT"
HASH TAG.... AND BARBED WIRE... AND RAIN. THIS POSTER IS IN ENGLAND!
Meanwhile, the MorrisseysWorld.Com site started linking into ohwellenough.webs.com over the weekend, but is now back to linking to True-To-You.net. WHAT is going on? Will it EVER go live, or is it going to go the same way as @itsmorrissey?
That will do for today. I am absolutely itching to share the secret that Fifi whispered to me in the toilets of The Twit Arms last week, but I had to promise to hold my water, and hold it I will continue to do. *coughs*
The Blue Rose Society HAS to keep spreading the word to people attending concerts, but with the exception of @BlueRoseSociety, NOBODY else is bothering to search twitter to look for people attending concerts. All the BRS need to do is lOOk for people attending, and then link them to bluerosesocisty.blogspot.com. Hopefully, tonight in Memphis, a twitter user called @vaurigemma will take a rose, but it really is taking an awfully long time for the masses to wake up to what is going on. HOW many times does Morrissey have to wear a BLUE ROSE before people make the link? I wonder what the reaction would be if Morrissey walked on stage wearing a blue rose? I guess.... NONE!
And finally, Boz's suitcase must be bulging by now, as he stopped by at Antone's Record Shop in Austin to stock up on yet more vinyl for his new record shop, Vinyl Boutique:
BOZ AT ANTONE'S IN TEXAS
And whilst Boz is away, I have been earning him money, as I made my first purchase from his shop, The Knife Shift on vinyl. It is now sitting on my turntable, where it will remain until July.
STOP PRESS: I've just had a natter in the toilets of The Arms with Fifi, and it would appear she's been having a tantrum, which might jeopardise the 'secret'. If anybody sees her, feel free to slap her with a wet plimsoll!
*Goes off singing* If you're looking for trouble, it walks beside me....
ORPHEUM THEATRE MEMPHIS
TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 15
1. TROUBLE LOVES ME (LIVE IN SANTA ANA WEARING THE BLUE ROSE) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvZvitpZ_U&feature=youtu.be
2. LIFE IS A PIGSTY (LIVE IN AUSTIN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mei1C0Fu0Qg&list=UUPIhCGj3uhBrPJVlv5VCPyg
3. ISTANBUL (LIVE IN AUSTIN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9J03Dtxao
4. THE NATIONAL FRONT DISCO (LIVE IN AUSTIN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pUDwdf_2I
5. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES (LIVE IN BEAUMONT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYAg5voGXc&list=PLEnRn7wbxlfnAHJKD_yt-eyvwWSRzmv3k
6. ASLEEP (LIVE IN BEAUMONT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STzSw4nuytk&list=PLEnRn7wbxlfnAHJKD_yt-eyvwWSRzmv3k&index=15
7. GANGLORD (LIVE IN DALLAS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTWEEWW8gNM
8. SPEEDWAY (LIVE IN BEAUMONT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POSJMNt6IOE&list=PLEnRn7wbxlfnAHJKD_yt-eyvwWSRzmv3k
9. YES, I AM BLIND (LIVE IN BEAUMONT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWelLB8Vks&list=PLEnRn7wbxlfnAHJKD_yt-eyvwWSRzmv3k
10. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET (LIVE IN AUSTIN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBow542wo_I
11. SEVEN DEADLY FINNS - BRIAN ENO (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaLrS0WG7Z0
12. NOW YOU WANT TO BE LOVED - FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBJVTCTt0g
13. WE'VE GOT THE GOLD - NICO (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z147qPrqIQg
14. PUSS N BOOTS - NEW YORK DOLLS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oh-mHKEFus
15. (SHE'S SO) UNTOUCHABLE - JOHNNY THUNDERS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_u6_Rg7u4