Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Day 1000 - It's the same old S.O.S

*Knocks on head, as if knocking a door. The mind opens. Goes in*

THERAPY ME (TM): What the fuck are you doing here?

ME: You know full well what I'm doing here, and if you are going to take that tone, I don't think it is very appropriate for you to play the role of therapist. I am far more laid back, so let me be therapist instead.

TM: You smarmy c**t. Who the fuck do you think you are? You stay right there, I'm calling the shots. Now, would you like to start by explaining to everybody exactly why you decided to purposely crash your blog?

ME: Explain to everybody? I thought this was just you and I!

TM: Don't try and be funny.You forget I already know everything that's in that pathetic head of yours, and you know full well that you have an audience. Some people have been genuinely upset because of your childish antics over the past few days, so just get on with your explanation.That's why you're here.

ME: This is a bit like being on Jeremy Kyle, isn't it! Anyway, how can you preach to me about childish behaviour? You're in this just as much as me, in fact, I'd say it's more YOU than me! You're Bob!

TM: Bob? Twin Peaks Bob? You've never even watched Twin Peaks.

ME: But I'd like to! I'd also like to watch those Cocteau dvds that I bought months ago. I'd also like to watch all those programmes I've recorded on Sky. I'd also like to read more. I'd also like to finish writing that book about Number 1s that I started three years ago, but I can't can I.

TM: At last, we're getting somewhere. Carry on.

ME: Well, as you already know, I was fully aware of what would happen when I posted that tweet on Sunday.

TM: The tweet about BRS members having to choose between Fifi and Broken?

ME: Yes. I knew what would happen.

TM: Yes, you did know, so why did you do it?

ME: Because I needed to bring my blog to an end, and the best way to do that was to get Morrissey to end it.

TM: Why though? And don't say because MorrisseysWorld has gone; MorrisseysWorld is always coming and going. This story only ends when the masses finally get to see what they have missed. We are miles away from the end yet.

ME: And that's the problem. I LOVE writing this blog, and I love everything about this whole phenomenal journey.

TM: So why do you want to stop writing then?

ME: You know why.

TM: Yes, all right smart arse, I know that I know, so tell your audience.

ME: Writing this blog takes too much of my time.

TM: But writing this blog is the most important thing that you will ever do in your life. You know that.

ME: Yes, I DO know that, which is why I have kept it going for so long. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy writing it, I am fully aware of it's importance.

TM: Then what's your problem, you snivelling little cunt?

ME: No need! And no asterisks. *tuts*

TM: Sorry. Carry on.

ME: It's as I said earlier, I have no time to do anything else other than write this blog... and when I'm not writing, I'm either tweeting, or reading tweets written by people who may or may not be Morrissey, or I'm watching Youtube footage of Morrissey concerts or.... I work full time you know!

TM: Yes, I know. I do too.

ME: I also run three cricket teams, I have a family I like spending time with, I have a dog to walk.... this blog has taken over my life.

TM: Well, you've managed to juggle things thus far, so why the sudden panic?

ME: Work has got busier, the cricket season is in full flow, exams are coming out of the kids ears. Need I go on?

TM: Hmm. So because you haven't got the time to dedicate to the blog, you decided to crash it?

ME: Yep!

TM: That's truly pathetic.

ME: That's me.

TM: Why can't you just dedicate less time to it?

ME: That's NOT me! I'd have a fear of missing things.

TM: Well, I'm sure that there is plenty that you've missed already. There are bound to have been signs made by Morrissey that nobody saw.

ME: True.

TM: I cannot believe that you purposely self destructed.

ME: Yes you can.

TM: Yes, you're right, I can. So, little man, what now?

ME: Well, I'm here aren't I?

TM: What? So you're NOT going to stop blogging after all?

ME: Something is telling me not to stop. I may not be able to give it the same amount of time but this is the home of the BRS, I can't stop! It isn't my decision to make..... and anyway, as you said earlier, this story hasn't finished yet. Fifi told me to carry on, so I shall carry on.

*Leaves the mind, and goes off singing* It's the same old S.O.S.

TM: (To self) Fickle cunt!


BLUE ROSE SOCIETY TOP 30

1. TROUBLE LOVES ME (LIVE IN SANTA ANA WEARING THE BLUE ROSE) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvZvitpZ_U&feature=youtu.be  + Boston: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVGaSapTXA

2. LIFE IS A PIGSTY (LIVE IN MIAMI) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPuyEM-HuQU

3.THE QUEEN IS DEAD (LIVE IN BOSTON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtDBSbqEu-8

4. KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE (LIVE IN BOSTON ) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DtmRyYipdc

5. ISTANBUL - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWn5iqSdJUs

6. ASLEEP (LIVE IN BOSTON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOk318DK_9A

7. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS  - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-uOIJKEm0

8. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES (LIVE IN MIAMI) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHY5OqVnR9Y

9. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET (SPOKEN WORD) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4HWCAvwkIo

10. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE (LIVE IN NASHVILLE WITH HEATHER'S BLUE ROSE) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaE2PXxQN8s

11. AS LONG AS YOU LOVE ME (LIVE) - JUSTIN BIEBER (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvQNumePRQ

12. SEASICK, YET STILL DOCKED (LIVE IN DUESSELDORF 1992) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9Aru5wOLY

13. COUGH SYRUP - YOUNG THE GIANT (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsTlnjvetI

14. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME? - CULTURE CLUB (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ADWTY2nuA

15. PICCADILLY PALARE - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZM1BHybbSc

16. ART-HOUNDS (LIVE IN BRIXTON 2011) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=230zxV5ji2Q

17. THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IS IN THIS LITTLE BOTTLE - KRISTEEN YOUNG (LIVE IN ALBUQUERQUE) (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6PGQQuyiw

18. PEARL OF A GIRL (LIVE IN ALBUQUERQUE) - KRISTEEN YOUNG (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEjKZ3vn4V4

19. TIMES PASSING BY - FRANÇOISE HARDY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRymyMYYq9A

20. PISSING IN A RIVER (LIVE IN BATH 2012) - PATTI SMITH (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO-dHHqkqao

21. JET SET JUNTA - THE MONOCHROME SET (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ouBnu9AQcU

22. NICE AND SLOW - BOY GEORGE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuIxFXXdg58

23. A CHANGE OF HEART (LIVE ON TFI FRIDAY) - BERNARD BUTLER (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECrwh3zEx0

24. THE ASHPALT WORLD - SUEDE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wKKeSbxGh8

25. KILLING OF A FLASH BOY - SUEDE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxOT5h5-xg

26. PANTOMIME HORSE (LIVE IN BRIXTON 1993) - SUEDE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wn5oZgFOo

27. SHE'S A STAR - JAMES (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5EevdTQrQ

28. FAT CAT - BOY GEORGE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uB0vaPcsm8

29. CRYING - ROY ORBISON & KD LANG (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmisOxCHEiw&sns=tw

30. UNKNOWN SPECIES - PRETTY LITTLE DEMONS (DOWN 8): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT_xWcXK6Z8

47 comments:

  1. I'm happy. but not at Art-Hounds being at 16. b***** disgrace. yours disgruntled (but happy)
    ... err I just noticed 24-27. so people *do* notice (holds back tears)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - well done Ratty and I totally understand. Do what you can. Anything is welcome and it wouldn't be the same without FTM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and HUGE congratulations and well done on reaching Day 1000 - who the hell would ever have predicted that

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i3U1J1KybY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see Day 1,000!
    Great to hear how much you enjoy doing this too!
    Great to hear you have a dog also!
    A little FTM is better than none at all!

    AmIMoving2Fast

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Day 1000!
    Thank you Ratty!

    Shout out for help if you need one. WIllow would love to do the typing. As a computer geek, she knows very well how to use her finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Cheeky mare AGAIN! Disparage Willow Day! And my typing errors are legendary & numerous. Almost as bad as Ratty's spelling & grammar. We'd make a great team.

      Delete
    2. No no no, cupcake! It meant to be a compliment. You know I'd said it with LOVE!
      As for the dreadful spelling & grammar, I believe I am the winner .
      :(

      xx

      Delete
    3. I kind of like the idea of willow being the secretary
      with her infamous spelling mistakes, tip-ex bottle
      always on the go! :)

      Delete
  7. what a F*****g drama queen, get a grip.. oh and glad to have you back writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. First Anon10 June 2014 09:15

    To elaborate, I'm not saying that Fifi is a bad person, or that she is unapproachable or threatening (!!!), or that her contributions didn't or shouldn't have value to some people (although I think most would agree that they were dragged on way beyond their charms).

    I'm saying that Fifi seems to directly pretend to be Morrissey in private emails with Rat, which Rat appears to believe (despite it being almost certainly untrue), and this belief is corrupting Rat's coverage of MW.

    MW began (and flourished for almost 3 years) as a delicate and at times very carefully crafted satire of modern values, human doubt, the creative process, ego, and much more besides. It was flooded with that same melancholic ironic awareness which tints every work of art I adore. While Fifi's contributions (and Rat's reactions to them) may present another element of mystery, they lack all of those qualities which made MW special. They read more like the pages of a David Icke forum thread than MW - which has its charms, certainly, but is that why we're here?

    The more people shift towards this particularly flimsy pseudo-mystical angle, the harder it becomes for MW to maintain the things which made it special. Fifi writes openly like an American, and probably is - fine, but she's pretending to be Morrissey. MW writes like a Brit who tries and fails to Americanise his British language in a limp attempt to carve out a new element to his own fragile identity. This is one of many beauties. Don't you people see this?

    Our Mozzer emailed me today to praise this comment and to: 'thank the author. It has almost made the years of writing worthwhile - almost.'

    'R'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the truth is most people don't see this and the complexities of MW evades the average person. Who really understood it? MW, Broken and maybe a couple of others. It's a work of genius, that's the nature of genius to be misunderstood.

      Love the comment though, and agree about Fifi. It only goes to show some of the BRS don't understand what the thing's about.

      Delete
    2. of course ratty thinks he is speaking with Morrissey, after all ratty is insane, our mozzer of all people should now this, now i must vanish or ratty will accuse me of picking on him

      Delete
    3. The BRS only exists because Our Mozzer created MorrisseysWorld. He also created the BRS for that matter. Broken is Morrissey's right hand man, so therefore, the BRS allegiance HAS to be to both Our Mozzer and Broken. But there is a spanner. However much Our Mozzer would like to see Fifi cast aside like an oily rag, she has proven with her Cocteau insight and Ping Pong theories that she is just as likely to be Morrissey as Our Mozzer is. She can also shimmy. I doubt we'll ever get to see Fifi again though, so I guess it's irrelevant, but if she were to return, I would not be able to choose one over the other.

      BRS Member (lurking in the shadows)

      Delete
    4. Well said I do believe.

      Delete
    5. As likely to be Moz as Our Mozzer! Only in rat's mind !!!!

      Tens of signs, four denials, the genius writing, tweeting and blogging... essay on the beginnings..

      But Fifi has... an American writing style and a boring obsession with Cocteau!


      I know where my allegiance lies. Shame on you Rat!!!

      Same old SOS

      Jon

      Delete
    6. Yes, you're right Jon, shame on me. Luckily nobody else felt the same way about Fifi, it was all in my deluded mind. I shall delete all the Cocteau nonsense and pretend that Fifi never existed. In fact, I shall never mention her again.

      Delete
    7. The Cocteau entries from December are now all gone. I shall write more about this tomorrow. Thank you Jon for showing me the way.

      Delete
    8. it's too late now rat! I think you've got rid of broken forever now.

      Without Our Mozzer and Broken, what is left?

      Delete
    9. I think it's too late now. without om and broken, what's left?

      Delete
  9. i can spell KNOW, (honest).. oh damn, rattty will pick up on that straight away

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Fifi... Your sweet little hands weren’t made for this world. Like fine white china. Your lips are made of rose petals. You must chew your food very, very carefully or else your lips will melt away. Your skin is like the finest Indian silk - it tears so easily. And your eyelids? Like filo pastry. Every time you blink it snows flour on your porcelain face.

    Treviana Fountain (aka Trevor from Bolton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the course of 1000 days, some bumps in the road are inevitable. Thank you Ratty for continuing to give us a home - I was not looking forward to wandering aimlessly on the streets by myself. We understand if you're not able to put as much time into the blog - we're just thankful to have it here. The mystery and the story continues...

    ReplyDelete
  12. When did Fifi ever claim to be Morrissey? Don't go accusing her of such things. She is a wonderful addition and I hope she can return to us shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Our Mozzer or Fifi have EVER claimed to be Morrissey, in fact, denying being Morrissey is usually what happens a lot 'round here. If they'd come along saying they WERE Morrissey, like @itsmorrissey did, then they'd have half of Manchester following them by now.

      Tucker Jenkins

      Delete
  13. …… *sighs* it is the same old SOS…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you back again Rats.
    As ever I enjoyed the therapy session.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ratty, I missed the chart today and I'm very sorry for this, but I was busy with parents and a sweet aunt ill. Now I 'm happy to see you blogging again, reading your words is a perfect way to end a busy day.Thank you and a special thanks to Treviana Fountain...lol. Romina, with daughter's mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many congratulations on Day 1000 of your blog Rat - some achievement !

    I am sad to learn that Moz has postponed 2 concert dates and I wish him
    a speedy recovery soon. It is not surprising with all that has happened recently.
    I send him my love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sad to see Fifi scrubbed from existence. I did enjoy speaking to her and hope she comes back.

    I am sorry for anyone's hurt feelings. I never really got to know Broken, but this whole situation is a bit sad. Hopefully things will calm down.

    Also, regarding the postponed shows, I hope Morrissey is alright and healthy soon. I am worried about him.

    Nicole, too lazy to login.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sad to see Fifi scrubbed from existence. I did enjoy speaking to her and hope she comes back.

    I am sorry for anyone's hurt feelings. I never really got to know Broken, but this whole situation is a bit sad. Hopefully things will calm down.

    Also, regarding the postponed shows, I hope Morrissey is alright and healthy soon. I am worried about him.

    Nicole, too lazy to login.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If this was to become a sitcom (which it kind of is... and online one... and a good one too) then Romina's "On my 'usband's Ipad" has become one of the catchphrases. And like Captain Mainwaring's wife from "Dad's Army" we just would never see the 'usband. So funny.

    Akram Spitaker

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was nearly a case of "Woe is me... shame and scandal in the Blue Rose family..."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rIKIvZVj7M

    Astrid Worcester

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord, I don't think things ever got THAT fruity in the Twit Arms, although, having said that, the prolonged absences in the toilets did raise eyebrows. Excellent contender for next week's chart.

      Ivor Payne Indyass

      Delete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Keep OM in good spirits whilst he is ill and not feeling well....is this amusing?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why delete your comments, Manc? What is the bad news that is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just come out and admit Morrissey never was on twitter and never knew why people were waving blue roses at him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. He never knew why people were waving blue roses at him, yet on more than one occasion has purposely plucked blue roses from the audience and prominently wore them on stage - once during the filming of the 25:Live film, for all the world to see; and once while singing Trouble Loves Me, the BRS anthem. Must all be coincidence.

      Delete
    2. Well said, Heather! Even if he didn't write any of MW or was never on Twitter personally, he was still following the story as some of the coincidences were far to personal.

      Wishing Moz a speedy recovery

      GOB

      Delete
  26. Well, we know what the bad news is now. Heartbreaking to learn that Moz is so ill, the rest of the tour had to be cancelled. Our love and best wishes to him for lots of rest and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Get well soon Moz. We are all thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything is just going to hell!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can we go back to threatening each other with beatings from wet plimsols? Much more civilized really.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just wanted to send lots of love to Morrissey ♥ xx

    EARS on phone at work.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning Ratty, but it's a sad morning. I just read on TTY about Moz and I'm worried for him. All I can do is hoping for a speedy recovery and sending good vibes to him. Get well soon Morrissey!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive