Total Pageviews

Monday, 2 June 2014

Day 992 - Morrissey Speaks

More footage has emerged from the Miami concert on Sunday, including the BRS theme tune, Trouble Loves Me. Trouble Loves Me really is the greatest song in the history of popular music, and in Miami, Morrissey showed his love of the BRS by singing it whilst sporting a heart of sweat:



Before singing Trouble in Miami, Morrissey had talked to the audience about why he doesn't vote, which leads me nicely onto a subject I wrote about yesterday; Harvest record company.

When Morrissey signed for Harvest, I started following a twitter user called Bich Ngoc Cao (@madcao), mainly because her profile describes her as the "digital Marketing Director @harvest_records". One might think that Ms Cao would spend her time tweeting all things Morrissey, especially when he released both WPINOYB and Istanbul as DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, but no, Ms Cao spends most of her time tweeting for people to vote for a slimy looking politician in LA called Bobby Shriver. In fairness to Ms Cao, she is aware of Morrissey's existence, because she has posted the following tweets about him:

MAY 11: "Morrissey walked onstage to deafening screams. It was intense @Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum."

MAY 11: "Our little record label @harvest_records got a thank you from Morrissey from the stage. That was sweet."

MAY 13: (Retweeting @harvest_records) "Pre-order Morrissey's new album WorldPeaceIsNoneOfYourBusiness and watch his new video now."

AND THAT'S IT!

The @Harvest_records twitter account is no better! Their promotion so far of either WPINOYB or Istanbul amounts to a retweet on May 13th of our very own @heathercat222's tweet which read, "Now listening to worldpeaceisnoneofyourbusiness. It's absolutely glorious. Can't wait for rest of the album."

Harvest also announced through twitter that they had taken over the @itsmorrissey twitter account, but instead of promoting WPINOYB to the 285,000 people following that account, they closed it! HARVEST ARE USELESS! If World Peace Is None of Your Business does get to Number 1, or even into the charts at all for that matter, it will be purely and simply because Morrissey has once again written more great songs, and because he IS Morrissey. Any success of WPINOYB will have nothing whatsoever to do with the abilities of Bich and her team, and yet you can bet your bottom dollar that all at Harvest will be shouting from the rooftops if the album hits the top. Oh, Steve Barnett, so much to answer for.



(L TO R) BICH NGOC CAO (DIGITAL MARKETING DIRECTOR HARVEST RECORDS) & A PUPPET

So, as the digital marketing director at Harvest continues to promote Bobby Slither, Morrissey continues to promote his own singles, and today has seen the release of another spoken word video, this time for Earth is the Loneliest Planet.

The main difference between the video for EITLP and the previous three, is that this one is not indoors, it has been shot up the Capitol Tower, and features Morrissey with..... PAMELA ANDERSON, yes, that PAMELA ANDERSON!




Embedded image permalink


Both Morrissey and Pamela Anderson are high profile supporters of PETA, and it HAS to be said, they are a great pair.


Here are Our Mozzer's twitter highlight's from yesterday:

"I've forgotten everything I once knew about human suffering. Now I know inhuman suffering."

"@AustinMahone He can't sing. He can't dance. This one can't even speak."


AUSTIN MAHONE - YET ANOTHER NONSENSE NON-STAR.... WHO I HAVE TO CONFESS, I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL YESTERDAY'S TWEET!

In response to @smashingblouse7 asking, "All love is a lie? Or just the love YOU give or receive":
"@smashingblouse7 It's rather ambiguous, which is only as it should be."

"@BoyGeorge Did you like my latest Twitter escapade? Even the official account wasn't me! No one 'got it, Boy.' Not even you. If one reads all 3710 tweets, it's hard not to conclude I am me. The only question is - who is 'me?'"



Boy George replied to Our Mozzer with, "@MorrisseyParody You keep me young! X"

"@BoyGeorge Why isn't the 'who is MorrisseysWorld?' phenomenon more popular than life itself by now? Am I not at all interesting? I had anticipated a greater interest in what I'm doing, but my Twitter account remains undiscovered everywhere but Los Angeles. In LA, some of the Moz Angeleans spray"Morrissey is MorrisseysWorld (and MorrisseyParody)" on walls. Blue Roses everywhere."

"I'm the Wilde of Twitter; and like in Wilde's latter years, everyone who 'loved me' forgot this fact for three or four years."

"Wilde's life was ended by prison life. My life is my prison - and it seems almost endless."

"My principal contribution to Twitter was the proper use of the semicolon; it changed the lives of over 642 people."

Our Mozzer retweeted this tweet from @Banjaxer, "@MorrisseyParody Alright mush. If great interest is your aim why not do something to earn it? TRM never has any problem doing that."

"@TheRatsBack, Your blog is my only remaining inspiration." *blushes and looks to floor... smiling*

"@TheRatsBack I Will See You in Nearby Places." WHAT can this mean? Is he coming round for tea... or perhaps... *coughs*

"One Direction are so mindless, one can't remember whether there are four or five; moreover one doesn't care."

"@piersmorgan Piers may well come back to TV. Most likely this will be CCTV, as Piers returns to stalking public figures."

@LouiseMensch lOUISE, i enjoyed your comments on aid to countries which promote sexism and homophobia. Thus in the middle east we should support only Israel. I am tired of my money being given to bigots. Nonetheless, Israel really doesn't need our financial support, so in fact none of our money should go to any Islamic country, or any in the middle east." WHY, OH WHY did Morrissey decide not to go to a larger audience as @itsmorrissey?.... but I am glad he didn't!

MORRISSEY (WEARING HIS BLUE ROSE TIE) RECEIVING THE KEY TO THE CITY OF TEL AVIV - "ISRAEL DOESN'T NEED OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT" - OUR MOZZER

"@DrDevereux One day your decision to ignore MorrisseysWorld will look like a poor one. The only group which knows less about the world than the illiterate class is academia."

"I'm too witty for public consumption."

"I'm the darling of twitter - it's just that nobody has realised it yet."

"I am a corpse, and I'm not even dead."

In response to @PapaSonsFilm's tweet asking, "@MorrisseyParody When did you last sing? When did you last dance? When did you last tell stories? Has it been a long time?":

"@PapaSonsFilm Nineteen minutes ago: I sang Cough Syrup. I've never danced. I tell stories when drunk, which requires a lot of gin these days."

COUGH SYRUP BY YOUNG THE GIANT - STILL A FAVOURITE OF OUR MOZZER'S - (INTERESTING FACT - DESPITE ONLY REACHING NO.95 ON THE BILLBOARD CHART, COUGH SYRUP HAS RECEIVED 13,267,022 HITS ON YOUTUBE)

I will sign off for today with a link to BRS member George Edge's review of Istanbul: http://edgeindustrialphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/morrissey-releases-another-brand-new.html

*Goes off singing* Earth is the loneliest planet of all, earth is the loneliest planet of all

TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 22

1. TROUBLE LOVES ME (LIVE IN SANTA ANA WEARING THE BLUE ROSE) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvZvitpZ_U&feature=youtu.be + In Miami: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfB9snjudt4&list=UURj7NOEAr9Nt2XZHeERWA4g

2. LIFE IS A PIGSTY (LIVE IN MEMPHIS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-p_uUmLRr0

3. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE (LIVE IN NASHVILLE WITH HEATHER'S BLUE ROSE) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaE2PXxQN8s

4. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (LIVE IN MEMPHIS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEl-M1fBJ6Y

5. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET (LIVE IN AUSTIN) - MORRISSEY (UP 5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBow542wo_I  + PROMO VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4HWCAvwkIo

6. ISTANBUL (LIVE IN BEAUMONT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvW0Uhxt5Gk

7. ASLEEP (LIVE IN MEMPHIS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00qTEXKsxyY&list=UURj7NOEAr9Nt2XZHeERWA4g

8. HOW SOON IS NOW? (LIVE IN NASHVILLE) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CnEj8FGZ4

9. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES (LIVE IN NASHVILLE) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqh5w0muWDU&list=UURj7NOEAr9Nt2XZHeERWA4g

10. CERTAIN PEOPLE I KNOW (LIVE IN ST PETERSBURG) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-iAbMZ_FAU

11. YES, I AM BLIND (LIVE IN MEMPHIS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VykCIt0dRtw

12. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (LIVE IN MEMPHIS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1Yt_jOgDE

13. I HAVE FORGIVEN JESUS (LIVE IN MIAMI) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKxl6N-182E

14. HAND IN GLOVE/SPEEDWAY (LIVE IN ST PETERSBURG) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxe-tByLcg

15. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE) (LIVE IN MIAMI) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVH6ZqFYLA

16. RING OF FIRE - JOHNNY CASH (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

17. I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE - ELVIS PRESLEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtjNvIAOVr8

18. LES MOUSTACHES - SACHA DISTEL (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQTwFvH3Bg

19. TIL I GET IT RIGHT - TAMMY WYNETTE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2zUrXB2Wd8

20. ANGEL OF THE MORNING - BILLIE DAVIS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aQ7nimVmXM

21. NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN - BILLIE DAVIS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi5DqcEOZ8o

22. UNKNOWN SPECIES - PRETTY LITTLE DEMONS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT_xWcXK6Z8

14 comments:

  1. and I bet she got paid/gets paid highly for THAT.
    I was already disgusted before I knew that rat.

    the new video. finally together. two beautiful/selfless
    people whose use of their voices has continually
    inspired me for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lack of promotion from Harvest so far is appalling. What are these people paid to do?

    Yet another brilliant video! Lovely to have Pamela included, and the setting - silently looking out over the lonely planet - is just perfect. Can't wait to download the track tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be incredibly frustrating for Morrissey to be so poorly represented by his record label.
    I hope they concentrate far harder when the album is due to be released.

    I didn't initially recognise Pamela! The video is another success.
    I found it very atmospheric, poignant & moving.

    Always love to see that sweaty heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the industry image, I always thought Pamela had a gentle soul! As for Harvest, I can only say, as with all things in life, everyone wants the money, but nobody wants to make any effort! I find the worst talent gets the (so called) best representation. Nothing good is ever appreciated by the majority, how could it be? Beaucoup d'amour Ratz. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read MorrisseyParody. If he/it is not the real deal he should be. Lol. As for voting, I am sick of people (mainly woman) telling me for years now, how Emily P fought for my right....... I have never been MAd enough to vote! I did like John Major, only because he understood Ireland and was born in Brixton ha ha. PS. This Blog deserves so many more comments, but it is a compliment in reality it does not get them. IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always admired Pamela's devotion to animals. She looks amazing in this video. I can't wait to download the new single.

    On the subject of Harvest, I do feel as though we are doing a better job promoting the new album and tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying all the Miami video footage that's trickling in now. And Moz singing & sweating his heart out for us all to see. Beautiful.
    Interesting video for EITLP too. Simple but effective. I presume there's more to it than meets the eye. And doesn't he recite those words wonderfully?
    As for Harvest....I despair....& swear.
    Morrissey Parody has been entertaining in his usual dour fashion,but his appearance cannot compensate for the loss of my Pusscat, Astraea. I do hope she is enjoying herself prowling & purring & dancing by moonlight. Maybe Fifi is dancing there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temporary loss of Fifi was a dark time indeed. I hope we haven't lost Astraea for too long.

      Delete
  8. All BRS members please click on the link Mr. Rat provided for George's review of Istanbul. It is excellent. A fine piece of writing that any Morrissey fan or music lover would find enjoyable, appealing and thought provoking :-) Austin Mahone, A star at eighteen and then suddenly gone, down to a few lines in the back page of a faded annual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, lovely Top 22 today :-) Hi Fifi and Astraea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Earlier today @MorrisseyParody held a Q&A on Twitter after a a few messages I fail to remember except for "The earth is quite a lonely planet after all" and short after shut down the account My horribly uninteresting question was "Which are the best/worst twitter accounts you've followed?" morrissey (@MorrisseyParody) tweeted at 6:55 PM on Mon, Jun 02, 2014:
    @Jazissey Best: @Menippus , @BoyGeorge @justinbieber @Broken1andonly @TheRatsBack Worst: @AustinMahone (parody of Bieber) @HrhQueenCAMILLA

    I know Nicole (@bunnygal833) asked questions as well
    Nicole (@Bunnygal833) tweeted at 6:56 PM on Mon, Jun 02, 2014:
    @MorrisseyParody Is it difficult to maintain a flesh-free diet while traveling?

    morrissey (@MorrisseyParody) tweeted
    @Bunnygal833 No. Eating no meat is the easiest thing in the world to do - it's much easier than eating a dead animal.

    She also asked (a good one) Nicole (@Bunnygal833) tweeted at 6:51 PM on Mon, Jun 02, 2014:
    @MorrisseyParody Why the complete lack of promotion from Harvest for all of this quality material?
    To which he replied saying something like If he understood that he wouldn't be bothering with a record compamy at all I did not get the full wording maybe She did hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the countdown, but it's beginning to be time consuming i.e. I look up the video by Billie Davis and find that half of the world's recording artists have also recorded the song--in her case songs--so I listen to them. Eventually, after listening to Chrissie Hynde, Moody Blues etc I find I have spent over an hour or more doing this. Plus, I get distracted and listen to other songs. I was surprised he was with Pam Anderson, then remembered her being active with Peta--Chrissie Hynde is also a vegan- I discovered in my wandering the internet. I saw Austin Mahone on TV last Friday, so I beat you by a few days, which means they are working hard on getting him the attention to be the next teen idol. I have wondered if you ever followed Orange Mecanique's comment on May 26 #985. He wrote, 'Roses are red, roses are blue, white shirts are dirty, is that a clue?' Adding that 'Dirt' by Depeche Mode played in the chat room. I know the band wore 'Dirt' on their shirts, but did it mean more? I have to add that I am spending equal or more time checking out Moz's videos. The ones from this tour seem to be done very well, plus, watching the videos of his new songs. Thank you for keeping us informed and in such an enjoyable way. As far as I know, no other artist has a site(s) that is so unique in form, but then Moz, himself, is unique. #BRS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Ratty, I like very much new Morrissey's spoken video and I like Pamela Anderson. Veggie and vegan people are, unfairly, considered as boring and unactractive kind of person, so, I think it's a great idea having Pamela and Morrissey togheter, they are a very "hot" duo, and Morrissey's voice speaking is lovely as singing. About the "official and verified" twitter account I think, simply, Morrissey said the truth: He was'nt the person behind both the accounts, it was simply a traditional commercial strategy, too common for a man like Morrissey, an unofficial "parody" account is more, more interesting. Also I can easly say that touring "alla grande" as he's doing is the best promotion someone could do. Just a tought about Young the Giant, they are quite famous in Italy, their song "Cough Syroup" is still on repeat on commercial radio as RDS, I eard about them by Morrissey himself and after a while I started to listen that song on the radio very frequently, so, what happened? Did italian Morrissey's fans start a"passaparola"? Maybe, but surley, I can say Morrissey, with or without a record deal, is influent in music scene and that's all over the world. Have a nice day, Romina with 'usband tablet, sorry I can't login.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive