Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Day 994 - In The Arms with Boy

Our Mozzer made a brief return to The Twitterdilly Arms yesterday evening (late afternoon on the East Coast of America), and among the topics he discussed were; Panic, Pammy, the British government, MW documentary, and sex with Boy George! There was also a first for the Twit Arms, the announcement of a concert cancellation whilst Morrissey was sat in our pub.

THE TWIT ARMS YESTERDAY L TO R: BOY GEORGE (SWOONING), MARCUS (LOOKING SMUG) & MANC LAD (LOOKING SIMPLE) LISTENING TO OUR MOZZER AS HE HOLDS COURT


I am guessing that when Our Mozzer entered the Twit Arms, he knew that the announcement of the cancelled concert wouldn't be far behind him, as his opening gambit was, "I'm back for a limited time only". Sure enough, approximately half an hour later, as word filtered through that tonight's concert in Atlanta was off, Our Mozzer slipped quietly away. Here are the highlight's of that half hour:

In response to this question from @RickIndeed, "@MorrisseyParody what do you make of the theory that "Panic" is about Saville? Not entirely convinced but not entirely unconvinced either...":

"@RickIndeed Panic was not about Saville. Panic, like most of my songs, was about more than one thing; pop critique; anti-radio; Thatcherism."

"@Jazissey I should add that Broken's favourite tweeter is Jazissey; he maintains her page is essential."

"@BoyGeorge Boy George is the only person who can tell the world. But will he? Boy, I didn't really consider you unbearable. You were overbearing and quite frequently bare, but never unbearable. Surely you wouldn't be YOU without the emotional nakedness, quaint voice and savage turn of wit?"

"Boy George will tell the world again quite soon."

@Mancladmozfan tweeted, "@BoyGeorge @MorrisseyParody Can you imagine boy and moz singing together, wow would that set tongues wagging", to which George replied, "I often slip a little Morrisseyness into my work! Have you ever heard 'Fat Cat?'", to which Morrissey replied:

"@BoyGeorge @mancladmozfan Has ANYONE ever heard 'Fat Cat?'" (I'll be honest, I had never heard it!)



"@BoyGeorge I wouldn't dream of asking you if you'd heard 'Papa Jack.' What? You have?"

In response to @BoyGeorge tweeting, "@MorrisseyParody In a world bereft of Morrissey we must cling on to what we have! Lol!":

"@BoyGeorge Contact me via Harvest and something can be worked out. Not a duet, but something", to which George replied, "@MorrisseyParody Ha! What sex?"

"The more sex you have the less it means. In the end you may as well have been Morrissey as @BoyGeorge (Ed - I do so like the old favourites!)

"Boy George knows. He just does. But it's utterly without proof. So this Twitter malady lingers on."

"Pamela Anderson is an underrated thinker; just happens to look marvellous in red bikini."


PAMELA ANDERSON - "AN UNDERRATED THINKER" - MORRISSEY

"Ineptitude is the one saving grace of the British government; without it, they would be positively dangerous."

"Wildean wit, ravishing poetry, dry social commentary, self-deprecating humour and sincere warmth disguised as misanthropy. Who am I? And no - I'm not Richard Madeley."


DISGUISED MISANTHROPIST

"Will you ever forget this time we spent together on Twitter? Will anyone believe you?"

At this point, we were joined in The Twit Arms by Kristeen Young. I told KY that it had been a pleasant surprise to find her vocals on Earth is the Loneliest Planet, and I also asked her where she had recorded her vocal, as I knew that she hadn't been out to France; or at least, I was pretty sure I knew! Here is Kristeen's reply:

In New York. I'm on another song too.....Kick the Bride Down the Aisle.


AN EXCLUSIVE FOR FOLLOWING THE MOZZIAH! It is fantastic news that KY features on another Morrissey track. WHEN, OH WHEN WILL WE GET A MOZ/KRISTEEN DUET?

Our Mozzer's Highlight's Continued:

"@KristeenYoung @TheRatsBack Kristeen, do join me in the Black Lodge. Bring a sponge and a rusty spanner, won't you?"


KY & BUNNYGAL IN THE ARMS

"Pain reminds us not to try so hard next time."

"The new album will surprise a few people - mainly those who have congenital deafness."

In response to @PapaSonsFilm tweeting, "@BoyGeorge @MorrisseyParody The greatest story told on Twitter. Missed by all but a very privileged few, recorded by @TheRatsBack's blog":

"@PapaSonsFilm How is the (MorrisseysWorld) documentary coming along?"

Marcus Markou (aka @PapaSonsFilm) replied: "@MorrisseyParody No one believes me. Everyone is now certain of my insanity" and added, "I am knee deep in Papa the musical. Started today. Proper interest. Doing book for it. Fancy doing a number?", to which @MorrisseyParody replied:

"@PapaSonsFilm No thanks." I pointed out that the MW documentary would have been the making of Marcus, and that it was an opportunity missed. Moz replied:

"@TheRatsBack @PapaSonsFilm Most opportunities are missed in life. Marcus could do something genuinely ground-breaking, instead he's playing it safe. Had I allowed Mike Joyce to write the lyrics, I might still be living in a council house."

"@PapaSonsFilm You were given the story."


A MAN WHO PROBABLY LIVES IN A COUNCIL HOUSE, PRETENDING TO BE MORRISSEY, OUTSIDE MORRISSEY'S OLD COUNCIL HOUSE.... SURREAL

"Alcohol makes us forget the sad times. After a while we drink to forget the happy times. Finally we drink because alcohol is all we remember."

"I walked alone along the pier at 4.22 am, The sea was louder than I remembered, You pretty face dead in the clouds, Raining into my heart."

"A boat rocked and my eyelids hurt, But why did you do that thing? Why did you swallow those pills? I have no words, Instead just the rain."

In response to @LizzyCatMoz asking, "Are you enjoying the tour? I imagine the travelling must be tiring.":

"@LizzyCatMoz I prefer being tired. A tired mind is an empty mind. Anything is better than thinking." It is interesting to note that Morrissey didn't mention having a virus, which the media have reported is the reason for tonight's cancellation.... but then again, @morrisseyParody isn't really Morrissey, it's just a parody!

And then he was gone.

We now have to wait until Friday for another concert, and I just hope that some Youtube footage emerges from Atlantic City or Boston on Saturday, otherwise the Twitterdilly Chart on Tuesday will have nothing in it! With Astraea having also left closed her twitter account, there is just NO music being played in The Arms, although away from The Arms, I am listening to Earth is the Loneliest Planet on repeat; it is my favourite Morrissey song EVER... for this week at least! Yesterday evening, EITLP sat at Number 37 in the UK I tunes chart, but will it make it into this Sunday's chart? I doubt it; still Harvest sleep, and Harvest's Managing Director of Digital Dithering, Bich Biro continues to spend her time promoting LA politician Bobby Slither instead of Morrissey. You couldn't make this up!

MORRISSEY CONTEMPLATES JUMPING OFF THE CAPITOL TOWER, WHILST PAMELA ANDERSON WATCHES ON.... AND THEN DECIDES TO GO LOOKING FOR A HARVEST REP INSTEAD......


...... BUT CANNOT FIND ONE

That will do for today. @mecaniqueorange posted this on twitter yesterday, which gives the tossing away of the red rose in Pomona a whole new meaning. Was it a reference to The Nightingale and the Rose?:

"From the archives: Morrissey "accepts" a red rose and throws it away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Of2DJ5sCZ0 

And apparently Morrissey has been staying in the same Miami hotel as the England football team, allegedly spending some time with Leighton Baines, whose friend then subsequently posted a picture of Baines at Glastonbury in 2011, where he had gone to see Moz.

Embedded image permalink
LEIGHTON BAINES (FAR LEFT) - WATCHING MOZ AT GLASTONBURY 2011



LEIGHTON BAINES PLAYING FOR ENGLAND


Embedded image permalink
THE MORRISSEY BAND LAST WEEK - PREPARING FOR BATTLE


Embedded image permalink
BOW



THE MORRISSEY BAND RELAX OFF STAGE

21 comments:

  1. Why thank you for the shoutout- the hair colour is correct!

    It has been quite an interesting few days in the Arms. I feel we've been spoiled by the presence of Our Mozzer. I hope Morrissey is feeling alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least there was one promotional tweet from Harvest yesterday about Moz. Perhaps it was prompted by the complaints they've been receiving about the lack of promotion? Anyway, I was disappointed that I wasn't able to tweet with Our Mozzer yesterday but I was glad I could at least read his tweets before he faded away. After he asked if people wanted an excerpt from his novel, he tweeted this: "The day just churned into itself. A couple of houses in the distance were burning coal. A cemetery was taken over by urban urchins." I hope that Morrissey is ok and is taking good care of himself and the tour can resume quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to add that it's interesting that Boy George has started following a few of us on twitter after his declaration about MorrisseyParody.

      Delete
    2. Also interesting that boy followed me from our very first spat with our mozzer all that time ago.. even more interesting is i had DM boy over the months with clips of moz grabbing blue rose etc but boy never replied so i thought i was blocked even though he never unfollowed me.. however last night boy sent me a DM which means he has been following proceedings for a very long time. Cant remember the date but he has followed me ever since that first spat when he threatened to stick a brush where the sun dosn't shine.. posting as anon but my bad grammer will give me away

      Delete
    3. I remember your brush with Boy. So do pray tell, what was in the DM?

      Delete
  3. Speaking in terms of the Nightingale and the Rose, I always thought of Morrissey as the girl, and we're the students, doing our best to please him with our gifts. But I can understand why he's not keen on a rose that an animal has suffered and died for. He only once accepted a red rose, but threw it away, then a white rose, which he happily tossed around before placing it somewhere near the drum kit. But the only roses he's ever plucked from the audience and actually worn are blue. They stand for unrequited love, so, despite him accepting the roses, the students still walk home alone after a show. I think that's a beautiful thought. Should Morrissey ever accept my blue rose, I'll go home and I won't cry and I won't want to die that time.


    I hope the tour can resume as planned on Friday, and that Morrissey (and maybe band or crew) are just a little sick but not seriously ill. After the tour disasters of last year, he really hasn't deserved more bad luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great analogy. I think it was Rat who first compared Morrissey to being the girl in The Nightingale and the Rose http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/day-500-blue-rose.html.

      Interesting that you mention the band/crew being ill. I wouldn't be surprised if Moz is absolutely fine, but has let it be known that he is ill to keep fan the odd flame.

      Jacob Creek

      Delete
    2. "fanning", not "fan". I do apologise for my son; I always told him that he should check his work first.

      Mrs Creek (Mother)

      Delete
    3. Dear Orange Mećanique, I like your words so much that I have added them to my other blog: BlueRoseSociety.blogspot.com

      Thank you

      Rat

      Delete
    4. I'm flattered to be featured on the official Blue Rose Society blog, thank YOU.

      Delete
  4. Harvest's Managing Director of Digital Dithering = perfect rat.
    thanks for the retweets of her e-mails. I think it has to be a joke account.
    i.e. PARODYharvestEMPLOYEE. because it's all too laughable otherwise.

    MORRISSEY CONTEMPLATES JUMPING OFF THE CAPITOL TOWER.
    after witnessing their *promotion* do you blame him ...

    it's lovely moz n george are such close friends. a duet would
    be lovely with their voices.

    I was all set to go see Culture Club in Dec - but it's all seated!
    they are VERY GOOD live, I saw them on a Rewind tour
    a few years back ... VICTIMS track ... goddamn it's enough
    to make you cry. I was on the verge ...

    *must dash* - whilst she gets paid for 'whatever she does'
    I'm in the midst of rattling off my review of this latest epic moz-track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Culture Club as a seventeen year old in 1983, and they were superb.... or at least George was, I didn't notice the rest of the band such was his stage presence. I agree that 'Victims' is a top, top song, and second only to 'Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?' which is a top, top, top, top song.

      Delete
    2. like your taste.
      moz would do a lovely version of VICTIMS

      Delete
  5. Love the photos of the band lining up and then bowing to one another. They must have practised that so that they did not bump heads. Mind you, Boz is the only one standing almost correctly – must be all the yoga he does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets hope Moz & crew will be fighting fit & able to continue with the tour as planned.

    In particular I loved the snippet from the novel Our Mozzer shared last night. As someone who struggles to put a coherent sentence together I really do value reading such beautifully composed words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love George too. Saw him once outside Dean Street Town House, wearing plimsolls and holding a carrier bag! Made me realise not all Stars have to Lord it up! I am over the beautiful music and now long for Moz to start the novel/s. Get well soon Moz, for you, not the Fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this quote by Baudelaire was very interesting. "The poet enjoys the incomparable privilege of being able to be himself and others, as he wishes."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Ratty, I missed Our Mozzer in the Twitterdilly Arms yesterday so many thanks for reporting the tweets. By now I just want to know that Morrissey is in good form and ready to tour again. Just listened to EITLP and ther's no need to say how much I love this song, googled about credits and found it's a Gustavo's composition, fine! Gustavo is a very talented man. Have a nice day Rat. Romina, with the usual 'usband's tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TRP (The Real Pamela) just revealed on Twitter that the @pamelaanderson account is not her. But shall we believe that? Who else would hold the name @pamelaanderson, if not Pamela herself? That alone is not a strong argument, Morrissey has nothing to do with @morrissey and Noel Gallagher is not @noelgallagher. But if it's not her, then the person who holds that name (and probably held it for a long time) coincidentally is also a Morrissey fan and familiar with Roberto's Ⓜ sign. How likely is that?

    Just a thought.


    Pam Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already noted. A rather long blog entry is half written, and will be published tomorrow.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive