In September 2011, I accidentally started recording the story of MorrisseysWorld, documenting my findings on this very blog, and I shall continue to record the story until it reaches some sort of conclusion. Never for one minute did I think MorrisseysWorld would go on this long, and I presumed that Morrissey's fans would have all been able to see that the hero they KNOW so well was behind MW, but I was wrong. I also presumed that the media would have picked up on the story, but that just hasn't happened either. Kitty Empire did mention MW in a Guardian article back in 2011, but Kitty only touched on the subject, and she didn't follow the story through. As time goes on, it seems less and less likely that the MW story will be exposed at all, so it looks as though I may be here for a very long time.
As I continue to document the MW story, I don't just write about those who believe Morrissey to be behind MorrisseysWorld, I also continue to write about those who express a public opinion that they don't believe MW to be Morrissey. We live in a democratic society, where everybody is allowed to express their view, but as I keep telling my kids, if you post something on a public website, you can't retract it, so if ANYBODY posts anything PUBLICLY, I or anybody else has a right to write about it. As I am telling the story of Morrissey, if ANYBODY writes ANYTHING about Morrissey on a public website, there is a possibility I will mention it on my blog, especially if it relates to MorrisseysWorld. If somebody takes to twitter and writes accusingly, "Rat loves talking to himself whilst pretending to be Morrissey", there is also a very good chance that I will write about that on my blog too. Everybody has the right to climb onto their roof and shout as loudly as they want, but if you slip and break your legs, then don't come running to me.
Those who haven't followed the MW story from the beginning are very unlikely to believe that Morrissey is MW, but as I wrote last Wednesday, if people can be bothered to read FollowingTheMozziah from the beginning, just like Kerry Richards (@AmIMoving2Fast) recently did, then all the evidence is here. Morrissey has to be behind MorrisseysWorld, there is simply no other sane explanation, but if you don't believe it, the roof top is yours. I just wish people would come up with a better argument than, "Morrissey would NEVER."
I was again at a cricket match last night, so yet again I missed Our Mozzer's visit to The Twitterdilly Arms; but fortunately he has kindly left his twitter account open, so that I am able to see what has been said. Here are yesterday's highlights plus some other bits that I have missed in recent days:
"If only time travel were possible."
" I'd go back to the date Piers Morgan was conceived and highlight the importance of contraception."
"Over and stout."
"Over and clout."
"I could not find a way of retweeting myself. But... "St.Ill Morrissey @stillMozsworld Jul 28 I have missed your faces" and "St.Ill Morrissey @stillMozsworld Jul 28 Something tells me I will see them again soon."
The above tweets are a reference to two tweets posted by Our Mozzer on July 28th, PRIOR to the TTY announcement on August 2nd that Morrissey will be returning to the stage. I reported those two tweets on Day 1049 of FTM. The tweets are of course just another coincidence.
In response to @UpThePier tweeting, "First of all, @TheRatsBack was ridiculed & then persecuted for writing a blog about Morrissey; now he is being reported to the Police!": "This is most unfortunate.. And not needed."
In response to @AmIMoving2Fast tweeting, "So Mr have a go on social media can give it and not take it... Usual story... I say FUCK OFF": "Not sure that I deserve to be a police matter. Send regards to Mr Rat."
"This has turned into something it never should have. Harm caused. Goodbye."
In response to @GirlOnBike1102 saying, "@stillmozsworld When people start taking things too seriously, they get their knickers in a twist - unfortunately!": "Some of us do not even wear knickers. Although I an still in a twist."
In response to @girlwithout tweeting, "ooh, pants!": "Is this a review of my latest album?"
In response to @LizzyCatMoz tweeting, "I never imagined you as 'going commando'": "Knickers just are not my thing. They do not flatter my thighs."
In response to @lizzyCatMoz tweeting, "@stillMozsworld I have always admired your sense of humour": "There has never been any sense to my humour."
In response to @GirlOnBike1102 tweeting, "@stillMozsworld Please tell me there will be at least one UK concert?!": "See you soon & Stay tuned to TTY."
"I have just discovered there is something called a mozarmyquiz... I would still manage to finish 3rd."
"Ideals will make you feel bitter."
"Currently reading: The Treacherous Man by every person I've ever worked with."
In response to @GirlOnBike1102 asking, "@stillMozsworld Do you ever listen to your own music? Can you enjoy it or does it feel weird?": "I listen. I listen. it feels weird but no weirder than listening to the current Top 40."
In response to @southkirk tweeting, "@stillMozsworld hardly a comparison": "This is where I long to be. Somewhere between Sam Smith and Pharrell Williams"
In response to @southkirk's response to the above with, "who?": "I don't believe the Who have charted for a while. Even more irrelevant than me."
THE WHO - REACHED NUMBER 28 IN THE UK ALBUM CHART IN JUNE 2014, BUT DID ANYBODY NOTICE? I DIDN'T!
In response to @southkirk mentioning that the above comment made him grin: "I smiled once. It made me sick."
"The grinner is a sinner."
In response to @LizzyCatMoz mentioning Tony Blair: "Do not mention that joker here. Joker or war criminal. Remember, he is bringing peace to the middle east."
In response to @LizzyCatMoz responding, "Or helping leave it in pieces": "Children in pieces, unfortunately."
"I'm thinking of playing Sheila Take a Bow on this tour. Leading into Staircase at the university."
SHEILA TAKE A BOW - SUNG IN PERU IN 2012. RETURNING TO THE SET SOON? FEATURED IN TODAY'S CHART AT NUMBER 8.
In response to @southkirk saying, "@stillMozsworld I think people here may like me. Not sure. Deep down they're all algorithms unless I've met them": "Some remain algorithms long after you have met them."
In response to @southkirk replying to the above with, "@stillmozsworld algorithms that will stay in my head though": "Are these people songs you can't stand?" (Ed- This is my FAVOURITE tweet of the day. Classic OM!)
In response to @southkirk discussing meeting people at Morrissey concerts: "Will people come? This is good news."
In response to @southkirk tweeting, "Just thought I'd massage your ego": "This is what Boz is for."
In response to @LizzyCatMoz tweeting, "Nobody believes it is really you. Even I didn't for a while.": "I still don't believe it's me."
"Time passes by like a dream."
In response to @LizzyCatMoz saying that she would leave a large drink at the stage door: "Throw it on stage. Just don't hit my head."
MORRISSEY BEING HIT ON THE HEAD BY A DRINK IN LIVERPOOL 2009
"The blue tick will never arrive. Life does not wait for a blue tick"
In response to @AIRRAID25 tweeting, "WPINOYB is still blowing my socks off": "Wearing socks is advised. Otherwise it would blow your feet off. You would not want that."
"Over and lout."
"So today is Monday and yet it is also Sunday."
"Everyday is like Sunday."
In response to @mecaniqueorange asking, "@stillMozsworld Would you like some Orange to lighten your grey day?": "Orange is always welcome. Ask David Dickinson."
It would appear from the conversations that have taken place over recent days, that Our Mozzer has forgiven both GOB and LizzyCat for their previous behaviour towards Broken. It would also appear that both GOB and Lizzy still believe Morrissey to be behind MorrisseysWorld, and yet they have left NO comment on his blog, and they recently snubbed his offer to rejoin his Blue Rose Society. As both GOB and Lizzy have been major parts in this incredible journey, I would love to know their current view on MW. As OM has offered them an olive branch, it would be churlish of me not to do the same, so despite everything that has gone before, I welcome their comments.
That is all for today, but with the possibility of a UK concert or two being announced very soon, I have a present for Our Mozzer. With such a flamenco feel to so many of the new songs, I feel pretty confident that we will see Moz adopting that 'flamenco dancer pose' of his during a number of the songs, and I can especially picture him doing it during the bit in Kiss Me A Lot, where he sings, "and then when you've kissed me, kiss me all over again". Morrissey IS Antonio Gades, so here is a present, a video of Antonio Gades dancing. Perhaps Moz can practice some of his moves, although no doubt he'll say he doesn't need the practice!
THE FLAMENCO DANCER BACKDROP USED LAST YEAR
* The 13 people leaving comment on the MorrisseysWorldstill blog are: HeatherCat, JohnGill, TRB, Jjazmine, manclad, comrade harps, romina, Kerry Richards, southkirk, Gina Bacianelli, Emotional air raid survivor and fancy123. I guess these are the current 'Dreary Delueded Dozen'.
Who IS Gina Bacianelli? Does she come here?
Please note that all troll comments will be deleted from today's blog.
TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 34
1. STAIRCASE AT THE UNIVERSITY (NEW VIDEO) - MORRISSEY (UP 6 ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEsFCscYRcU&feature=youtu.be
2. WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF (LIVE AT THE BEEB 2009) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Snd54c04Y
3. OBOE CONCERTO (New Video) - MORRISSEY (UP 2 ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VederSTf0jY&feature=youtu.be
4. JUST COULDN'T RESIST HER WITH HER POCKET TRANSISTOR - ALMA COGAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuhlOlLHs58
5. KISS ME A LOT - MORRISSEY (UP 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zaCKz1r2U
6. YOU JUST HAVEN'T EARNED IT YET BABY (LIVE IN BRIXTON 2011) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPtJYUVx6U
7. SCANDINAVIA (LIVE IN CHILE 2012) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz1B8B7LrXU&feature=youtu.be
8. SHEILA TAKE A BOW (LIVE IN PERU 2012) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVTsKnHfuE
9. LET ME KISS YOU (LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD HIGH 2013) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDPqrTXoW4&feature=youtu.be
10. AT LAST I AM BORN (LIVE AT PINKPOP 2006) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4O3S3plzQ&feature=youtu.be
11. STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE (LIVE IN NORWAY 2006) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pmH1FLcgk&feature=youtu.be
12. I'M NOT A MAN - MORRISSEY (DOWN 11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2oAyMhFheo
13. SMILER WITH KNIFE - MORRISSEY (DOWN 11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGbv8JR8x0s&feature=youtu.be
14. NEAL CASSADY DROPS DEAD - MORRISSEY (DOWN 11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ToWK5n8Zk
15. ART-HOUNDS - MORRISSEY (DOWN 11): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-DWzgZIUcw
16. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES (LIVE IN SANTA ANA 2014)- MORRISSEY (DOWN 11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tGRYTGGtUI
17. ONE OF OUR OWN (WITH VIDEO FROM THE BLOOD OF A POET) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 7 ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLNl6Qn-LWc
18. KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE (LIVE IN BOSTON) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfYLV_mTbls
19. FORGIVE SOMEONE - MORRISSEY (DOWN 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7Ocldto2U
20. MOUNTJOY - MORRISSEY (DOWN 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H7mXyRYng
21. DRAG THE RIVER - MORRISSEY (DOWN 5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm97uQSpRDI&feature=youtu.be
22. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBCg28Pxc0Q&feature=youtu.be
23. YES, I AM BLIND (LIVE IN SANTA ANA 2014) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sTDWGqBdfo
24. JULIE IN THE WEEDS - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IztcOrlIU8g
25. ISTANBUL - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWn5iqSdJUs&feature=youtu.be
26. TROUBLE LOVES ME (LIVE IN MIAMI 2014) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfB9snjudt4
27. FRIDAY MOURNING - MORRISSEY (DOWN 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0CUeID84BE
28. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE) (LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD HIGH 2013) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJNLvXwLoRE&feature=youtu.be
29. I WANT A LIP - APRIL STEVENS (RE-ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRY4JRYC0-M
30. TEACH ME TIGER - APRIL STEVENS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qAKdm4IwkQ
31. THE BOY WITH THE THORN IN HIS SIDE (LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD HIGH 2013) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMu_Rx9x-IY&feature=youtu.be
32. THE KID'S A LOOKER (LIVE IN WARSAW 2011) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4y1YPqZZo&feature=youtu.be
33. THE COCKNEY AMORIST - JOHN BETJEMAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA7RzfFtaGg
34. STAIRWAY OF LOVE - ALMA COGAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUXOxfKjkZM