Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Day 1057 - It's a Poor Harvest for the World

Morrissey yesterday issued the following statement on TTY:


Morrissey statement
I am indebted to three sources that have placed their own well-crafted videos on You Tube for the songWorld peace is none of your business. The three individual sources are named as Sharon Jheeta, Héctor González and wpeace123456. These videos fully understand the intent of the song, and I am relieved that these films exist. Yes, a similar document ought to have been harvested by the record label, but please understand that the pop or rock industry can be as dedicated to perpetuating public deception as the world of politics itself. God bless social media!
Liberty, equality and fraternity are the essence of the song; no monarchic rule, no political hierarchies, no bought-and-paid-for government thugs, security forces no longer beyond prosecution, and an end to megalomania, repression and corruption. Meat consumption is climate change, and if ever there were a self-evident lost cause it is the British so-called "royal family". Societies have never been so nervous; Pan Am Flight 103 differs not a jot from Malaysian Flight 17. The United Nations failure to imprison Tony Blair and George W. Bush for war crimes against Iraq has told us all that there can never be enough bloodshed, and the world is suffering its worst nervous breakdown. Do not feel powerless!
Many apparently powerless causes have succeeded in shifting political stupidity and greed. You areintellectual sanity. It is possible for nonviolent change; there are more people than there are aging despots; there are more people than there are world leaders. In truth, the world is leaderless. Please stop watching Fox News; anti-monarchial Britain has given up on the BBC – we know that every slot is paid for. We know that the number 1 position on the pop charts is "bought"; this is not 1955.
Thank you to all of my friends in Israel, Chile, Sweden, Poland, Argentina, Hungary, Romania, Finland and Italy who bought World peace is none of your business. It is 30 years on since The Smiths album entered the UK chart at number 2 with zero airplay and zero promotion, and the struggle for the airwaves remains difficult. Yet, I am writing this to you now, and you are reading it.
In answer to many people who have asked, I should like to finally make it clear that I have not received any television invitations – worldwide! – to either discuss World peace is none of your business, or even to sing any songs from the album.
Thank you for reading this. We have our first World peace is none of your business concert booked in Lisbon (Portugal) on October 6th.
All we have is each other.
for the animals, for intellectual sanity ...
MORRISSEY
5 August 2014.

On October 6th, Morrissey will be back on the stage... perhaps even sooner. This is EXCELLENT news.


RETURNING TO THE STAGE SOON


The TTY statement is the first time that Morrissey has publicly criticised his record label, Harvest, but of course we knew he wasn't happy with them, as Our Mozzer has criticised the label on twitter a number of times, including on May 31st, as reported here, when Our Mozzer tweeted, "My latest singles simply disappeared. Thank you Harvest."

Apart from the announcement that Morrissey is playing Portugal, and the dig at Harvest, there are three other things in the TTY statement that have particularly caught my attention; firstly there is the  sentence, "God bless social media!" This is simply hilarious bearing in mind that the vast majority of Morrissey fans don't believe that he uses the internet.

The second thing of interest from the statement, is Morrissey's use of highlighting random words in bold. There are eight words highlighted in total, and I don't recall Morrissey ever having highlighted random words before in his TTY statements. Coincidentally, my blog entry of yesterday also had bold words used in the middle of sentences for the first time. Eight of them to be precise. As I say, just a coincidence.

Thirdly, despite Morrissey stating that he received no invitations from any Television shows, I believe that under normal circumstances, in the lead up to an album release, Morrissey would have put himself 'out there', but in the lead up to the release of World Peace, Morrissey was in such a crushed state, that he just didn't have the energy to personally promote his LP. It is a tragedy that Morrissey felt too low to promote what many are already calling his masterpiece, but thankfully, the announcement of new concerts means that yet again, Morrissey has somehow managed to lift himself out of the gutter, and he is coming back to once again 'GIVE'.... it is, after all, the reason he lives!



Our Mozzer once again returned to the Twitterdilly Arms yesterday evening, and once again I missed him. The @stillmozsworld account has again been closed after he exited the world's number 1 online Morrissey pub, so I am only able to report on a few of the tweets I saw. Here they are:

"I'm afraid I fell asleep at my keyboard last night. I was not ignoring you. I was ignoring life."

In response to @Avirtousvamp tweeting, "@stillMozsworld The statement was beautiful. As always": "This is what I fell asleep writing last night."

"Romantic and square is hip and aware."

In response to @mharrison55 tweeting, "@stillMozsworld It has been my goal for a while to receive a tweet back. Honoured.": "My reply means less than a Kardashian sneeze."

"Nobody owes anyone anything. Each to themselves.'

In response to @GirlOnBike1102 tweeting, "@stillMozsworld Romance isn't dead": "It is round these parts.'

In response to @GirlOnBike1102 tweeting, "@stillMozsworld I'll nip out for a fag": "Perhaps have five. Wish for an early death ETC"




"Technology brings us closer. To death."

In response to @stephenfry tweeting, "Join the movement @check_one_two by tweeting a pic of you grabbing your crotch": "I have nothing to grab."

In response to @MadAlix14 asking, "@stillMozsworld What happened to your explosive kegs? Did they go off?": "They exploded once and they were never replaced. To my shame."

In response to @PapaSonsFilm tweeting, "@stillmozsworld Late to the latest party": "Why be late when you can not turn up at all? Welcome."

In response to @PapaSonsFilm tweeting, @stillMozsworld I've got nowhere else to go": "Nor do I. You are in bad company."

"Will I see a Blue Rose in Greece? Turkey?"

""Across lap, trusty Winchester rifle 1886 issue"" (Ed - Does anybody know where this quote is from, and was there anything that was tweeted to prompt OM quoting it?)

"I am travel-stained"

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TtUchwQQO0"

"Let Me Sing And I'm Happy"

"my favourite of them all? wpeace123456"

And here is the World Peace is None of Your Business video by wpeace123456, along with the two others mentioned in the TTY statement by Sharon Jheeta and Héctor González. (wpeace123456's is the third one, as featured a number of times on the Twitterdilly Arms chart.)










In response to @sorcha69 tweeting, "@stillMozsworld @mecaniqueorange is orange the new black to wear on the outside or have i been watching to much shite on netflix": "There is nothing good on netflix. Not that I even know what that is."

If I missed any other tweets of importance, I will copy them when OM returns.


This morning, I awoke to find over 200 abusive comments had been left on my blog overnight by somebody calling themselves 'Disgruntled Human'. I only read two of the comments, in which I was called, among other things, "sick", "perverted", "a bully", "a nazi", "Adolf Hitler", "a woman abuser" and "a child abuser". I deleted the long-winded comments at the click of a button.

The gist of 'Disgruntled Human's comments, were that he wanted me to remove his name from my blog, but 'Disgruntled Human' forgot to mention in any of the 200 comments who he is! I am assuming that 'Disgruntled Human' is a person called Sean Calder, who uses the twitter account @Sean_Classic, although as we all know anybody could be anybody on the internet.

The only reason I am assuming 'Disgruntled Human' is Sean, is because @Sean_Classic has also sent me over 100 abusive tweets of a similar nature. '@Sean_Classic' has also been sending tweets to @stillMozsworld, and interestingly enough, Sean has started addressing @stillMozsworld as "Morrissey"! It would appear that the penny has finally dropped with Sean that Morrissey is behind MorrisseysWorld, and I am therefore guessing that the reason Sean now wants his name removed from my blog, is because he is embarrassed that he didn't realise earlier that Morrissey is MorrisseysWorld, and he is worried that my comments may leave him looking foolish when this whole phenomenal story one day breaks out.

There is of course no need for Sean to feel embarrassed or foolish, for he has actually realised something that that vast majority of Morrissey fans have not, and Sean is in fact one of only forty/fifty people in the world, who has worked out that Morrissey is on the internet interacting with his fans.

I have no reason whatsoever to want Sean to feel uncomfortable, so although he has been extremely abusive towards me, I have taken down all of my blog entries that mention his name, but I would now like to take this opportunity to ask Sean to embrace MorrisseysWorld rather than fight it. The MorrisseysWorld phenomenon has presented a once in a life-time opportunity for Morrissey fans to interact with their hero, and Sean is obviously a massive Morrissey fan, so now that he has discovered Morrissey on twitter, he has the chance to chat to his hero, and what is more, in years to come, Sean will also be able to say, "I was there". The choice is of course Sean's, and he may not want to interact with his hero, so if Sean does decide to walk away and NOT interact with Morrissey on twitter, then I will have no reason to write about him.

The olive branches are being handed out thick and fast this week, and I am pleased to see that both GOB and LizzyCat have accepted the branches I offered them yesterday, with Lizzy posting, "let us draw a line under the past and continue the journey. For me it has always been about Morrissey and I have kept the Blue Rose Society in my Twitter profile. It is always wonderful to interact with Our Mozzer.", whilst GOB tweeted, "@TheRatsBack I am just tired of getting into debates with people and being told what to think or do, so quietly observing in the background. My beliefs about MW haven't changed."

GOB, LizzyCat and Marcus have all been welcomed back into the fold by Our Mozzer, and they are therefore more than welcome to comment here whenever they like. It would be great if the likes of George Edge, Willow and Chuck would also return, as I don't believe for one minute that they've suddenly stopped believing that Moz is MW. MorrisseysWorld can be a complete mind fuck at times, especially when BrokenMorrissey is involved, and ALL of us have made mistakes in how we've interpreted things, but history will one day show that this whole adventure really is something incredibly special, so anybody who is part of it, should hang on tight to the train, and continue on the journey.

For any of those that are returning, and after all, why would you NOT want to be a part of this phenomenon, a word of advice; if 'BrokenMorrissey' returns, try to understand him, and be careful not to upset him. Tiptoe around him. Broken is the cloak Morrissey wears when his world falls apart. Broken is fragile, is easily hurt, and is like a wounded animal, and wounded animals can bite. It is very easy to presume that nothing hurts Morrissey, but that would be a wrong assumption - EVERYTHING hurts Morrissey, and the more blows he receives, the more numb he becomes. As Morrissey gets more numb, I would guess the less things seem to matter to him, which for us fans, is heartbreaking. Broken is a VERY real part of Morrissey, and is probably the side to him that he warned us about in the song I am Two People: "The other one you don't know, but you don't want to". Perhaps via MorrisseysWorld, we have now met this "other one".

I will sign off today by asking, how the hell did I mange to miss the return of David Brent? I am embarrassed beyond belief that I missed this, and only found out about it when it was mentioned today on GMTV. It would appear that Brent returned last year as a Youtube special, and Ricky Gervais is now going to turn it into a film. It just goes to show, that if I was unaware that a huge act like David Brent had returned (along with the unbelievably funny song Equality Street), then it is no wonder that so few people know about MorrisseysWorld or World Peace Is None of Your Business. God may well be blessing social media, but mainstream media currently remains a bigger force, and therefore must have the blessing of somebody much bigger than God. Mainstream media also has Richard and Judy.
















15 comments:

  1. He never would? Did the non-believers miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvC_FPP304

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song is embryonic of the BRS/MW phenomenon .

      Delete
  2. "Let me take you for a game of ping pong," he said to me.
    "I want to see how well you handle the balls," he said to me - again.

    The eight words' comment made me think about your own ping pong here. And then of course it made me think about all the other kinds of ping pong there are.

    I do happen to like a good game myself. Of ping pong, that is.

    And my ball control is absolutely out of this world.

    Must be my dab hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ping pong balls are very delicate, and are easily split. Many balls have been split here, but perhaps they can be mended, or new balls found.

      If the 'eight words' WAS indeed a game of ping pong between FTM and TTY, then perhaps there will be more to come. How would the SoLowers cope if TTY were to be seen playing ping pong with FTM? It just isn't cricket.

      Delete
  3. I wasn't really here - not really. In and out. And then I never really left. I was still in and out even after we fell out. I feel quite depressed lately with the images of dead children. I guess they've always existed but now with Twitter - it's instantly visible and its uncensored. Yes, I think Morrissey was right about Twitter. It is interesting. So I'm also quite hopeful too. Another narrative comes crashing to its knees. The Middle East. That's a big narrative. What's next? We've had child abusing children's entertainers and safe as bank, banker crooks. This is the age of crashing narratives. It must apply to iconic pop stars too. But there is something in Morrissey's lyrics that have always talked about crashing narratives which makes Morrissey even more interesting now. He's been talking about these narratives for years. He's been seeing through them since day one. He hasn't been alone. Not at all. But he's been very effective at pointing them out. So to Morrissey, I raise a cup of tea (as I don't drink much) in the age of crashing narratives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure everybody agrees about the depression caused by seeing innocent children killed, but as Morrissey once notoriously pointed out, HIS children, or at least those he SEES as his children, i.e. the lambs, the calves etc, are killed on a daily basis with NO publicity or outrage. Morrissey got an awful amount of stick for that comment in 2011, but was he really so wrong? In a hundred years from now, when the human race has stopped eating red meat because of the obvious links to heart disease and cancer, perhaps Morrissey will be cited as a pioneer. (Morrissey's notorious statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPRbylipDM) (Gordon Ramsay killing his lambs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUQjWB88UA)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Not just "red meat" dear Ratty.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep bad grammar in my rush to write, apols one and all

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morrissey's Twitter ' rifle ' comment is from Philip K Dick's
    The Man In The High Castle.
    It is a science fiction alternative history novel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive