Total Pageviews

Monday, 15 September 2014

Day 1096 - It was three years ago today...

On Thursday September 15th 2011 I stumbled across a website called MorrisseysWorldisMoz.blogspot.com, which in turn led me to another website called MorrisseysWorld. It appeared that MorrisseysWorld was the work of the iconic genius of indie pop, Morrissey, so I began writing a blog to note the happenings. I presumed that it would only be a matter of time before Morrissey's fans and the outside world would realise what I had realised, that it was indeed Morrissey behind MorrisseysWorld, but three years later, MorrisseysWorld remains undiscovered, and I continue to blog my findings by Following The Mozziah.

Many times during the past three years, it has seemed that the journey may be over, but each time this happens something kickstarts it again. Last week, I really really thought we had come to the end of the road, but a new twitter account called MorrisseyParody opened, and despite a false start, it looks as though it is about to burst into action.

On Friday, MorrisseyParody tweeted to say that there would be an announcement on Saturday at 1800hrs, but it never materialised. Yesterday, another tweet was posted as follows:

"Delayed announcement due to management issue. Rescheduled for Monday, 1800hrs UK time."

A number of people will be thinking that this is another false alarm, but my faith in parody is still devout, and I am going to stick my neck out and predict that at 1800hrs, a True to You statement will announce a UK tour in January. If I am right, then those who have mocked and laughed and said that MorrisseysWorld is a hoax, will all come running, admitting that they were wrong.... who am I kidding? What will really happen, is that they will all say it is yet another coincidence, because that is what they do! I'm probably wrong about a tour anyway, but let's wait and see. One thing is for sure, this journey ain't over yet; I can feel it in me bones.

MorrisseyParody also posted a number of other tweets last night; here they are:

"Hands up if you're wearing blue knickers"

"Scotland must vote YES."

"Scotland free yourself, vote YES and be yourself."

"Listen. Do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell?"

MorrisseyParody then posted The Sphinx Without a Secret by Oscar Wilde before disappearing for the night:



Could it be that Morrissey is our Lady Alroy? Could it be that Morrissey created MorrisseysWorld to escape the real 'fake' world in which he is trapped? If this is the case, then I for one am most grateful that he did. We now await the next part of this exciting story.

For the record, the MorrisseyParody account last night had it's current location showing as Rome, but as to whether this is true or not, it is impossible to tell.



MORRISSEYPARODY'S PROFILE PIC (AT LEAST THE SHOE SECTION, NOT THE WHOLE PHOTO) (MY THANKS TO GWO FOR IDENTIFYING THE PHOTO AS MANCHESTER FOOTY GIRLS 1975)


Meanwhile, Astraea yesterday returned to The Twitterdilly Arms and played a number of marvellous songs on the jukebox, and posted some great pictures. She also posted a trailer for the 1970 film Deep, which I have never heard of. I sometimes think I must live in a cave:









"Marianne singing Chords of Fame is the sound of me closing my eyes, and letting myself fall into someone's arms. And each of the following 11 songs, one by one, is a darkly sparkling jewel." - Astraea


Embedded image permalink
JANE BIRKIN & FRANÇOISE HARDY








Embedded image permalink







JAMES DEAN IN HIS NEW YORK APARTMENT 1955


Embedded image permalink
BRIGITTE & KIRK

"Be careful with this one. You won't have seen it before. And make sure shish pipes are at the ready." - Astraea:


 BRIGITTE BARDOT, SACHA DISTEL & SERGE GAINSBOURG - LA BISE AUX HIPPIES

"And another one you'll never have seen or heard of before. Consider it your midnight lesson with me tonight" - Astraea:



"C'est un hold up! Eh, Oui! C'est un HOLD UP!!!" - Astraea:






Embedded image permalink

All eyes will now be peeled on the clock at 1800hrs, but will the clock on the wall make fun of us all?

14 comments:

  1. I am brimming with excitement Rat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awaiting this evening with anticipation & curiosity.
    Astraea has delivered us some gems again, which are much appreciated. And her comment on FTM yesterday really made me laugh.



    ReplyDelete
  3. what a 3 years.
    you were here for me Rat when I needed something to hold onto

    ReplyDelete
  4. The non believers have already taken to twitter to state that if a 6pm announcement DOES take place, it will mean nothing! We really HAVE now reached a stage whereby Morrissey could wear a Bieber t-shirt AND a Blue Rose, and it WOULD be put down as a coincidence. They DO NOT want to believe. They ARE sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 3 year anniversary, Ratty - where have the years gone?! The Sphinx Without a Secret says that 'women are meant to be loved, not to be understood'; I think the same could be said of MW (although some find it hard to love what they don't understand). Astraea has been wonderfully generous in her selections lately - glad to hear that Cousin Fluff will be doing a chart tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An appropriately (un?)unhappy 3rd birthday to FTM!

    Re: MANCHESTER FOOTY GIRLS 1975 - some girls are bigger than others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 3rd Anniversary! Traditionally you would get leather as gift, but with so many vegetarians following, you would probably do better with the modern gift for a 3rd anniversary, which is glass/crystal. I'm sure you'd make better use out of a bottle of ??? or glass mug. Thanks Astraea for the collections of pics and music. How do you find so many? Your mind must be a treasure trove of information. I feel lucky if I find an occasional connection to MW or FTM. Looking forward to Cousin Fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too will be watching for it! fluffy/ Ratty great videos & photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rat - you remind me of this guy. Watch to the end. It's an amazing film. The possibility is very Blue Rose.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk&app=desktop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been 'out there' with the blue roses, as have you, but so far to no avail. Perhaps more talking is needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2jJdrz9bY

      Delete
  10. Oh yes, happy third anniversary Ratty. None of this would have been possible without you. Or it would have made all our jobs much, much harder if it wasn't for your dedication and acute awareness of all things Moz. Much love to you Rat.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive