Total Pageviews

Monday, 6 October 2014

Day 1117 - "Are you set for some surprises?"

MorrisseysWorld may be hanging by a thread, but the seminal artist Morrissey is once again back to full health, and will tonight be back in the one place where he has always truly felt at home; on stage.



Morrissey kicks off his European tour tonight in Lisbon, and how I dearly wish I was there, but none of my (very few) Moz friends were available to go with me, so my own taste of the tour will have to wait.

Leading up to this tour, Morrissey has given a number of interviews in which he has used certain phrases which have a connection of sorts with the MW story. In one interview, Morrissey used the word "phenomenal", which is a term I often use to describe MorrisseysWorld. In another interview, Morrissey referred to "an artificial flower", and in an interview with G Santoro of Italian publication Repubblica, Morrissey has referred to his concerns regarding the upcoming film 'Steven', saying "for all they (the film makers) know I could walk with a limp", which has reminded me of a parody piece written by Broken in the comments section of FTM back in January, which featured a man with a limp. Also in the interview with Santoro, Morrissey was asked about fake twitter accounts, but he neatly side stepped the question and gave an answer about fake Facebook accounts. He's a sly old fox, old Mozzer.



Despite Broken assuring everybody that AlfsButton is a fraud, and that he has nothing to do with Morrissey or MorrisseysWorld, Alf made a return to the Twitterdilly Arms yesterday, and has made a very bold prediction. Here is what he has said:

"March, April, May. First."

Alf is predicting that tonight's concert will start with Staircase at the University. And if he is right? A coincidence, of course. Alf also added:

"I hope you enjoy it. Are you set for some surprises?"


Broken also returned to The Arms yesterday, but only to once again rattle on about Justin Bieber. Astraea returned too, and interestingly she has posted a Youtube clip of Einstein on the Beach Knee Play 1 by Philip Glass and What Difference Does it Make by The Smiths. Surely this isn't a sign that Morrissey is going to sing What Difference? Surely not! I mean, he hates the song, so he just wouldn't..... would he? It should be noted that Astraea also posted Blow Away and Space Clown by Jobriath, and I don't imagine for one minute that Moz will be singing either of these songs, so I am sure that What Difference Does is Make is just wishful thinking on my part.

There are no members of the BRS attending tonight's concert in Lisbon, so unfortunately we won't be seeing any roses in the audience. Former BRS member Rosy Mires will be there tonight though, so the question is, will anything happen during the concert that could finally help Rosy see what she has been missing?



I will sign off today with these questions:

1. Will Morrissey open tonight with Staircase at the University, or is this just a nonsense prediction from one of the MANY fake Morrissey's on twitter?

2. Will Girl Least Likely To, Tomorrow, Boxers and Speedway be sung on this tour, or were these predictions of Alf's also just nonsense?

3. Will another blue rose be accepted and worn on this tour? Both Switzerland and Dublin were hinted at by AlfsButton, but surely he was just a dreary fraud?

4. Will the BRS theme tune, Trouble Loves Me remain in the set?

5. Will the Savages be mentioned at the o2, and will that concert be introduced by Ricky Gervais, and also filmed, just as Alf predicted?

6. Will Moz have painted nails in Dublin? Another of Alf's predictions.


How could I ever have contemplated walking away from all this? The MorrisseysWorld story rolls on.














Embedded image permalink



Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
312
United Kingdom
225
Germany
92
France
79
Ukraine
63
Russia
38
Australia
23
Netherlands
18
Portugal
18
Italy
11


34 comments:

  1. I like that photo of Brigitte. And the size that you've made it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It HAD to be that size. Any smaller would have just been wrong.

      Delete
    2. Quite. Anything else would have been quite, quite wrong.

      Delete
  2. Let the countdown begin.Only about 8 hours before Moz will be on stage.I am dying to know what the first song is gonna be.If it will be 'staircase' i am gonna do a dance of joy in my livingroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rat, can't believe the thought about quiting this blog even came up in your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to Morrissey & the band for tonight. I am confident it will be a cracking night.
    Looking forward to watching on You Tube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see Portugal in the blog statistics, wonder why - what period does that cover?. My visit to Italy may have contributed to the 11 hits.

    Walk away? You? You bewhiskered old rogue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "They do not see what you want them to"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of the nail polish, (cant think why) hope it's gold again... but something tells me it could appear before Dublin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were banned - have you and Rat nibbled and made up? I hope so.

      Delete
  8. I'm probably all 23 Australian visitors.

    Hope all goes well with this tour. It sometimes hapens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably all 225 UK visitors!

      Delete
  9. I believe it was me that was poorly portrayed with a limp, eyeing up my next meal whilst flyering the cafe with Papa flyers. I remember that Broken was suggesting that I should be sued for defamation but I pointed out (with my rudimentary legal knowledge) that the only crime committed at the time was against literature with a below-than-par parody (C++ must do better). To this day, we don't know where that limp came from. Also, was it not enough that I was overweight, whoring myself in a cafe to promote my film, only thinking of my next meal? If you're going to throw a limp into the character, why not a disfigured spine and a hump on one shoulder with slurred speech too? Finish what you start. Explore it. In fact, the limp would have been wonderful if it had been explored fully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your limp now that you mention it

      Delete
    2. They were NOT happy days at all. I am already beginning to wish that I hadn't mentioned the limp thing. No more discussion on it.

      Delete
  10. Question 7. Will Boz's Fu Manchu moustache make an appearance on the Lisbon stage?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could never walk away Ratty, which is true for others of us as well. No matter what appears on the setlist for this tour, it will be thrilling to see Moz back on stage where he belongs. Sending him best wishes for a phenomenal tour - can't wait to watch the footage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rat... you could never walk.away... but given the abuse you might limp off though! (Boom! Boom!).... (and then limp back on... )

      Delete
  12. Well, well, well Ratty dear, I'm so exited....and I can't get hiding it....Morrissey in this last interviews is very funny! My favourite is the one with Gianni Santoro. Set list? Surely Staircase! I like very much the fact he said Jake's edit was pointless! Great men can easly admitt something pointless! Tonight will be a great night, I wish I could be in Rosy's shoes, but I have to wait another week. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, beginning to wish I had stamped my feet at work and just jumped on a flight, watch out for Ena Sharples tonight

      Delete
  13. Glad you feel the whole MW story continues.
    And I'm grateful you are keeping up with your blog!
    Looking forward to seeing footage from tonight.
    Good luck Moz & gang!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If allowed, I will take a blue rose to Lausanne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you are allowed, by all means take away

      Delete
  15. You were asked politely and then you were told not to mention alf again. But you couldn't resist, and you knew the consequences.

    The parody is finished, but it won't be posted. It won't ever be posted.

    Good night and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank the heavens. Well deserved. After you told everyone Alf was a charlatan, some here still think he was Moz. Thanks guys.

      Delete
    2. What a concert tonight. Moz is back in style, but poor old Alf got it all wrong, and with Broken posting here during the concert, that puts him out if the running too. Time for me to fall on my sword.
      Farewell.

      Delete
  16. I was hoping you would keep your blog open, especially now that the tour is beginning. For the BRS and other fans who are unable to attend, it gives us a link to the excitement of the tour, through your postings and the comments left by those who were fortunate enough to attend the concert.Thank you very much. I realize it takes a lot of your time, and I would assist you if I could. As for the parody, Broken just posted it was finished, but we would not be allowed to see it because Alf was mentioned on your blog. Apparently, diddums and the inept administrator finished the parody, so there is always the chance it may still be published sometime--without Broken's permission. 'Are you set for some Surprises?' is your blog's caption today, and, coincidentally 'Vanity Fair' magazine online also mentions surpriss. First, in an article that might upset our Mr Broken, as apparently, Justin Bieber, has been pairing up with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld and commented on big surprises coming from them. If it turns out to bad news for our Mr Broken, he may have to begin following Nick Jonas, who has recently been the object of some new photos that are in the style OMB enjoys. The magazine also mentions that David Lynch has been tweeting 'the gum you like is going to come back in style,#damngoodcoffee' a clue that 'Twin Peaks' may be coming back-possibly on 'Showtime'. Now a warning to Moz and his male fans: recently, they had the 'IceBucket challenge for ALS' where they dumped ice water over your head. Now they have the 'grab your crotch and feel it challenge' (to check for cancer). Ricky Gervais was challenged this weekend by Hugh Jackman #feelingnuts. Of course, Broken and some of the others may enjoy this challenge. Good Luck & Happy Touring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was one of the surprises Neal Cassidy?
    Didn't a certain someone who must not be named mention that it would not be sung live.
    Something along the lines of all the tracks on WPINOYB are able to be sang live except one.
    Which was correctly guessed by someone tweeting as Neal Cassidy.
    Apparently it was because of the rap...
    Think most of us where disappointed that it wouldnt be sung live- and it was!
    Anyway I've not seen it yet hope too on YouTube in the morning.
    Night

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very powerful and lovely set list! Moz is stunning in white!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Again, Rat you are wrong. There was a rose that was handed over. As Justin says "never say never" pic: http://cdn.controlinveste.pt/storage/DN/2014/big/ng3608493.jpg?type=big&pos=0

    Lotsa lovely surprises including them pants, that lovely turquoise necklace, Neal Cassidy, OOOO, and I'm not a Man!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omfg first night of the tour went very well wouldn't you say

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok someone with a blue rose front centre held it out for the duration. At one point Morrissey shook hands with those near the rose person. A frantic mass of hands reached out towards him.. as they do. I had an uninterupted view from where I was standing. At no point did he take the rose. Or even touch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, the pictures don't actually show him accepting the rose.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive