Morrissey kicks off his European tour tonight in Lisbon, and how I dearly wish I was there, but none of my (very few) Moz friends were available to go with me, so my own taste of the tour will have to wait.
Leading up to this tour, Morrissey has given a number of interviews in which he has used certain phrases which have a connection of sorts with the MW story. In one interview, Morrissey used the word "phenomenal", which is a term I often use to describe MorrisseysWorld. In another interview, Morrissey referred to "an artificial flower", and in an interview with G Santoro of Italian publication Repubblica, Morrissey has referred to his concerns regarding the upcoming film 'Steven', saying "for all they (the film makers) know I could walk with a limp", which has reminded me of a parody piece written by Broken in the comments section of FTM back in January, which featured a man with a limp. Also in the interview with Santoro, Morrissey was asked about fake twitter accounts, but he neatly side stepped the question and gave an answer about fake Facebook accounts. He's a sly old fox, old Mozzer.
Despite Broken assuring everybody that AlfsButton is a fraud, and that he has nothing to do with Morrissey or MorrisseysWorld, Alf made a return to the Twitterdilly Arms yesterday, and has made a very bold prediction. Here is what he has said:
"March, April, May. First."
Alf is predicting that tonight's concert will start with Staircase at the University. And if he is right? A coincidence, of course. Alf also added:
"I hope you enjoy it. Are you set for some surprises?"
Broken also returned to The Arms yesterday, but only to once again rattle on about Justin Bieber. Astraea returned too, and interestingly she has posted a Youtube clip of Einstein on the Beach Knee Play 1 by Philip Glass and What Difference Does it Make by The Smiths. Surely this isn't a sign that Morrissey is going to sing What Difference? Surely not! I mean, he hates the song, so he just wouldn't..... would he? It should be noted that Astraea also posted Blow Away and Space Clown by Jobriath, and I don't imagine for one minute that Moz will be singing either of these songs, so I am sure that What Difference Does is Make is just wishful thinking on my part.
There are no members of the BRS attending tonight's concert in Lisbon, so unfortunately we won't be seeing any roses in the audience. Former BRS member Rosy Mires will be there tonight though, so the question is, will anything happen during the concert that could finally help Rosy see what she has been missing?
I will sign off today with these questions:
1. Will Morrissey open tonight with Staircase at the University, or is this just a nonsense prediction from one of the MANY fake Morrissey's on twitter?
2. Will Girl Least Likely To, Tomorrow, Boxers and Speedway be sung on this tour, or were these predictions of Alf's also just nonsense?
3. Will another blue rose be accepted and worn on this tour? Both Switzerland and Dublin were hinted at by AlfsButton, but surely he was just a dreary fraud?
4. Will the BRS theme tune, Trouble Loves Me remain in the set?
5. Will the Savages be mentioned at the o2, and will that concert be introduced by Ricky Gervais, and also filmed, just as Alf predicted?
6. Will Moz have painted nails in Dublin? Another of Alf's predictions.
How could I ever have contemplated walking away from all this? The MorrisseysWorld story rolls on.