Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Day 1118 - Back with a BANG!

*Comes in waving a blue rose and singing* Trouble loves me, trouble neeeeeds me.

Morrissey is back with a BANG, and it's as though he has never been away, but more about that later. First of all I must report that, A) Broken posted a comment on FTM as the concert was in full flow last night, and B) the predictions made by A**sB****n regarding last night's concert were wildly inaccurate, which effectively means that two of the Morrissey frauds have been killed with one stone.... or have they? Here is Broken's comment from last night:

You were asked politely and then you were told not to mention alf again. But you couldn't resist, and you knew the consequences.

The parody is finished, but it won't be posted. It won't ever be posted.

Good night and thank you.

Posted by Broken to Following The Mozziah at 6 October 2014 21:57


It has to be said that Broken has never tried to pretend that he is Morrissey, and it was only ever suggested that he might be a pessoa of Morrissey's on this blog. Perhaps I was wrong. Alternatively, it could of course be argued that if Broken is a pessoa of Morrissey's, and Morrissey wanted to throw people off the scent, he could instruct one of his staff, such as his hairdresser for instance, to post a comment as Broken whilst Morrissey was on stage. Who knows?

In the case of A**sB****n, he does claim to be Morrissey, and when Staircase at the University failed to make it onto last night's set list, let alone be the opening song as predicted by A**, the non-believers on twitter were leaping up and down with delight. There is an argument that A** purposely made a false prediction, again as a means of putting people off the scent and keeping the whole game going. I am not going to try and convince anyone either way, as EVERYONE has to find out for themselves.

It is obviously devastating news that the parody piece won't now be appearing, but it is only devastating news for six people, because nobody else cared. It is also those same six who would be the only ones to give two hoots about Broken ever being seen again, as most of those involved in this phenomenal story have some how managed to convince themselves that Broken is nothing to do with any of it! It's a funny old world, whatever next?

And now onto last nights concert in Lisbon. Have I mentioned yet that Morrissey once again took a BLUE ROSE from the audience? No? It must have completely slipped my mind.


MORRISSEY REACHES INTO THE AUDIENCE IN LISBON

The truth is, although a number of photograph's appear to show that Morrissey received a blue rose last night, he actually didn't! Rosy Mires has left a comment to say that Morrissey ignored the rose completely, and it eventually ended up on the floor. Just as with MorrisseysWorld, things aren't always as they appear.

The question now is, does Morrissey still want blue roses, or has he had enough of all the bitching and hatred that filled the BRS? I guess we will find out as the tour moves on, but the very fact that the Trouble Loves Me remains in the set, indicates there is still hope, although if truth be known, the hanging thread wears ever thinner.


Here is last night's setlist, which was fairly similar to the set list for the last concert in Boston four months ago. There were five songs taken out, and six brought in, with You Have Killed Me, Ganglord, To Give, Pigsty, and Yes, I am Blind making way for Kiss Me a Lot, Neal Cassady Drops Dead, One of Our Own, I'm Not a Man, Hand in Glove and One Day Goodbye:

SET LIST

1. THE QUEEN IS DEAD
2. SPEEDWAY
3. CERTAIN PEOPLE I KNOW
4. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES
5. KISS ME A LOT (FIRST EVER TIME SUNG LIVE)
6. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
7. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
8. ISTANBUL
9. NEAL CASSADY DROPS DEAD (FIRST EVER TIME SUNG LIVE)
10. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET
11. TROUBLE LOVES ME
12. KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE
13. ONE OF OUR OWN (FIRST EVER TIME SUNG)
14. I'M NOT A MAN (FIRST TIME SUNG)
15. HAND IN GLOVE
16. MEAT IS MURDER
17. ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
ENCORE
18. ASLEEP
19. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE

The pre-concert video montage included Brian Eno, Chris Andrews, Nico, Penetration, Edith Sitwell, Anne Sexton, Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, Charles Aznavour, Mrs Shufflewick, New York Dolls, Klaus Nomi and some of the fan videos for the new songs. There were a number of new stage backdrops including American poet Ezra Pound, and a United King-Dumb poster designed by Morrissey's nephew Sam. The band wore 'FUCK HARVEST' t-shirts, whilst Morrissey was dressed all in white, looking every part a cricketer, although in many ways he reminded me of Jobriath... not that Jobriath played cricket! Burt Ward is the new star of the drum... picture wise, NOT playing it!


ANYONE FOR CRICKET?


JOBRIATH LIKE

JOBRIATH



BACKDROP DURING KICK THE BRIDE - CURTESY OF SAM ESTY RAYNER


STAR OF THE DRUM - BURT WARD


Embedded image permalink
EZRA POUND - A NEW BACKDROP & T-SHIRT

As I write this blog entry, Youtube footage has emerged for seven of the songs from last night, but as yet there are no videos of Trouble Loves Me or the debut songs; Kiss Me A Lot, Neal Cassady and I'm Not a Man. Footage has however emerged of One of Our Own, and needless to say, it is excellent.

Morrissey's opening words last night were, "I find that we live in a world of unprecedented violence", and then he and the band went straight into The Queen is Dead, which I really hope stays on the set for the whole tour. There appeared to be a slight technical hitch at the beginning of WPINOYB, but apart from that, it looks to have been a fantastic concert, and I SO wish I had been there.

Next stop is Madrid on Thursday.

And now we wait to see if either Broken relents, or if Our Mozzer overrides him. Personally, I don't believe for one minute that the new parody piece was ever even written, and even if it does exist, with Broken having been revealed as a fraudster, is there ANYBODY left who is still interested?

I may or may not be back.

*Tosses blue rose to the floor, turns off the lights, and leaves*


TWITTERDILLY CHART

1. THE QUEEN IS DEAD (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bT6yibWzRY

2. ASLEEP (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPuBNJuK5FQ

3. ONE OF OUR OWN (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cdX0kRUVAw


Foto: Alexandre Antunes/Everything is New


4. HAND IN GLOVE (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpkE_vsdR8

5. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgHB6rGd5Sg

6. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShcOYdgOs8

Foto: Alexandre Antunes/Everything is New

7. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (LIVE IN LISBON 2014) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJBB2AXEGE

8. DON'T DICTATE (LIVE IN MANCHESTER 1977) - PENETRATION (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CstUuJSIeqs

9. WANTING TO DIE - ANNE SEXTON (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM6nWRXCQD8

10. BLOW AWAY - JOBRIATH (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86TLQYnPi4

11. SPACE CLOWN - JOBRIATH (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adPSreVU6yI

12. OBOE CONCERTO - MORRISSEY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_IDcxFRKs

13. STRIPTEASE WITH A DIFFERENCE - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYLm7i28b8E

14. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOx8TyvUmI

Foto: Alexandre Antunes/Everything is New
A YOUNG GIRL HOLDING ALOFT A BLUE ROSE IN LISBON - ALL PHOTOS IN THIS SECTION BY ALEXANDRE ANTUNES


Foto: Alexandre Antunes/Everything is New

Part 1 of an interview with Swiss Music Show blog: http://swissmusicshow.blogspot.ch

30 comments:

  1. Morrissey dressed in all White makes him look like a God, which most think already. What a beautiful night it looks like from the pictures and Video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morrissey dressed all in white looks like he's come out in his pyjamas like some asda chav. What was he thinking? Trackie bottoms? Tut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cricket whites. They look great.

      Delete
    2. Look dreadful on the cricket pitch. Even worse on stage!

      Delete
    3. The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey

      Delete
  3. Quick comment from work. I happen to care very much if we see Broken again. Regardless who he is, he has been a big part of the story so far. I would be most upset if he disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing surprising about Broken commenting during the concert or Moz not taking the rose. Broken has tweeted during a concert before and has never claimed to be Morrissey. Moz has ignored plenty of roses before - this is nothing new but at least we have some lovely photos of him with the rose. All in all, it looks like it was a fantastic evening: Moz looked stunning dressed for cricket and sounded marvelous, and it was wonderful to see that someone brought a blue rose. I'm very disappointed we won't be getting a new parody but at least we have many more concerts to look forward to - roll on Madrid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I'm with Heather on this one, if my memory (and it's bad) serves me right, Broken tweeted during one of the far eastern concerts

      Delete
  5. to say only six people notice or care about broken is plain silly, don't forget, I was in the chat when broken proved he was involved with MW, I can also remember a certain person in the chat saying how ill they were, must have been about a year ago by now I guess, after all, times goes quicker than I care to notice these days.. the sad fact that Morrissey chose to tell a foreign newspaper before our own shows his dislike of the british press, here's hoping he stays well for some time to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manclad, it is comment like this that led to me banning you from here in the first place. It is NOT "plain silly" as you state, it is a FACT that only six people left comment on the last MW parody piece. As for Broken's involvement with MW, of course it is obvious, but a number of people have fallen out with him, and then decided that he therefore ISN'T involved. And as for your ramblings about illness, Morrissey does NOT have cancer, the press have made it up. What Morrissey ACTUALLY said in his interview, was that.... on second thoughts, I will leave this for tomorrow's blog.

      Please don't come here to criticise. SoLow is where you go for that, which is what you did last week. From here on in, it is only positive comments on here.

      Delete
    2. I am well aware that four scrapes does not mean you have a terminal illness, he had the scrapes no doubt merely as a precaution after his barrats sweets illness

      Delete
  6. just pop pop popppppeddd back to say what a great interview on the swiss music show blog, so honest and upfront

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are my thoughts on all the recent events in Morrissey's World, if anyone cares, and I'm sure most do not. I say "most" because I can think of one Twitter creature offhand who cares an awful lot about what it is I think and believe. Anyway, I am rambling, which I am so good at. But to the point, from what I have seen and heard from last night's show, it seems to have been a phenomenal night. Moz looked and sounded amazing, strikingly beautiful dressed in white. How could anyone believe he has cancer after last night's sensational performance? On the subject of AlfsButton and the non performance of Staircase at the University, I was actually expecting that it would not be performed. Not to say that there wasn't a large part of me that wanted it to happen and was hoping and wishing for it. But in the back of my mind, deep down, I knew that things would not be wrapped up so easily, with a big, shiny bow. I knew it had to and would remain and mystery. This does not mean I have given up my belief that Morrissey is behind AlfsButton and yes, this probably means I am highly delusional and they are probably naming a new mental illness after me as I type. I remain unable to denounce Alf. As for Broken, who wants us all to denounce Alf, I have never had a set opinion on who or what he is. I have my ideas. I wasn't shocked when he commented during Moz's set although it was a strange coincidence that two "Morrissey's" were killed off at practically the same moment. If it seems a little strange, maybe that's because it is. I do care about whether Broken returns to Twitter and I care about the parody, but I won't choose sides. Because whichever way you choose, either way you're wrong. But you will miss them when they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAhYx-KbJNU

      Delete
    2. Yes, I can have both. I can even have three or four or...

      Delete
    3. Last night was amazing!
      I wasn't physically there, of course. But to share it with other Morrissey fans that weren't also was very different and new for me.
      Thank you for the blog Rat.
      And Jesse thank you for your comment, I'm with you there!

      Delete
  8. One by one the Pessoa's fall away... We were down to two last night and now we're down to... none. Unless you deploy the hairdresser theory - which is, to say the least, elaborate (and not without a whiff of desperation). There is no doubt that Morrissey - the icon, poet and pop star - played along with the BRS and I think this was, in itself, quite a stunning thing. And those who mocked it really did miss out on an adventure. But really - this is like reheating one week old pizza. Carry on covering the concerts and create a place where fans can come and share stories, feelings and fandom. You don't need the signs for that. You cannot force them. They may, in the course of time, become more noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patronising. Clueless. And now banned.

      Delete
  9. Following on from Nuncle Lear's comment, perhaps I should spell it out. FTM is a meeting place for the Dreary Deluded Dozen. We are not trying to convert people's thoughts or try and convince them of anything. We do not want to get into arguments with anybody. Those who do not share our deluded view should not come here. This place is NOT for you. You either have SoLow or the other website that I've never been on. Former DDD members need to find something else to do. There is no point lingering here and continuing your arguments using new names.
    Thank you and goodnight.

    TRB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that Morrissey in white looked like a very, sharp, dressed man-maybe ZZ-Top can use him as their back drop. From what I read it appears he started his tour splendidly which I am very glad for. The pictures of it are wonderful. Burt Ward's picture on the drum. Is that the actor who played Robin on the Batman TV show, or some other Burt Ward? FTM is the meeting place for Moz fans who want to meet with other like minded fans in a less hostile atmosphere, unlike SoLow. As or the cancer story, OM just stated he had scrapings, which means he had cells scraped from and area and they where then tested for cancer--it was a test, not necessarily a treatment. To me he looks healthy, and his voice was strong. I am glad his tour started so well. #BRS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot I meant to reply to your question. Yes Burt Ward is the actor who played Robin in the 1960's Batman.

      Delete
  11. Excellent zoom on the new t-shirt! So Ezra asks 'Why Morrissey?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope M hasn't been watching Mario Balotelli with his WHY always me tee shirt

      Delete
    2. Well, I can imagine someone woke up this morning after all this latest brouhaha saying ‘Why Morrissey?’ What a marvellous start to the European tour in Lisbon. Fcuk Harvest, Mozpants and loads of WPINOYB. That will knock David Morrissey off the top of google searches!

      There was another interview with Expresso on 4 October, which I think is a journal/magazine (link to an online copy of it here http://zuropa.blogs.sapo.pt/morrissey-ao-expresso-126696 ). Again the interview is in Portuguese, so presumably has already been translated from English to get to the Portuguese version. Morrissey is asked a question about the US tour cancellations and his health. The reply is:

      “Passei um mau bocado e penso que isso se nota nas fotografias mais recentes! Mas ainda não estou morto e darei tudo o que puder nesta nova digressão. Fiz quatro despistes do cancro e tudo estava bem, mas ouvimos a palavra cancro e assumimos imediatamente que o nosso tempo está a acabar. Se estiver, então está. Se não estiver, então não está. Da forma como as coisas estão hoje, posso dizer que o tempo me pertence.”
      As you all know, I don’t speak Portuguese, but putting this through a few translation tools and interpreting a bit of it myself, the best I can make of this is:

      I've had a hard time and I think it shows in the latest photos! But I'm not dead yet and I will give everything I can on this new tour. I have had four smears and everything was fine, but we hear the word cancer and assume immediately that our time is running out. If it is, then it is. If not, then it is not. As things stand today, I can say that the time belongs to me.




      Delete
  12. Forgot to mention that I liked his nephew Sam's play on the word 'king dumb.' I actually laughed out loud at that, luckily only the dog was here to look at me strangely. Once one has become a grandmother you can't afford to have the family stared at you too often. I also forgot to comment on your terrific Twitterdilly chart. I am so glad you keep up with everything on FTM. As for the parody, since MW and the parodies began, it has been like Alice in the rabbit hole where everything may not be as it appears, so as we do not really know how many may be involved with MW, its tweets and writings, we will just have to wait and see if a new parody appears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the picture of the rose and Moz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read a few good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.


    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive