Total Pageviews

Saturday, 11 October 2014

Day 1122 - The End of the Rose

Yesterday in Barcelona, Morrissey accepted a bunch of white flowers on stage. For the past three years since MorrisseysWorld began, Morrissey has ignored ALL flowers except roses, so the idea that Morrissey only ever accepts BLUE ROSES is over.

MorrisseysWorld ended some time ago now, and the Blue Rose Society was the only remnant. With Morrissey ignoring the blue rose in Lisbon on Monday, and now accepting these other flowers, the final thread has snapped.

I have only been writing this blog because of MorrisseysWorld, so I won't bother going over yesterday's concert in Barcelona, after all, it's not as though I was there. It really is time for me to bow out.



MORRISSEY ACCEPTS A BUNCH OF FLOWERS AT THE 2 MINUTE MARK

Good luck to EARS, Romina and Clover Dean as they attempt to get a blue rose to Morrissey in Rome on Monday, but what difference does it make?

I thank all of those who travelled this journey with me; did we get it all wrong? Who knows, but it was great fun. Perhaps one day the truth will out.

It is only right that I sign off for one last time with Trouble Loves Me, which last night in Barcelona was as mesmerizing as ever:

15 comments:

  1. Don't know what to say right now:(
    The tour has just begun...Maybe he was just being polite exepting the other flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has seemed for a while that things have been hanging on by a thread and it seems that thread has finally snapped. It's a shame really. I'm heartbroken. The dream is over. How I wish it weren't so. Please leave the blog up, if you don't mind. I am still attempting to read what I missed and reread the rest. Thank you Rat and BRS members for everything. You made my life interesting when I certainly needed it. I don't know what I will do with myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I agree that things seem to be different now and this may be the end, I don't think we should abandon all hope just yet. All the best to those attending the shows in Rome - no doubt you'll have a wonderful time, no matter what happens. We look forward to hearing all about the concerts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall NEVER give up! I will be confined to the old folks home, sat in my wheelchair, oxygen tank beside me, suffering with a terrible case of dementia, wearing diapers and drooling on my hospital gown and I will be screaming, "Blue Roses! MorrisseysWorld! Our Mozzer was the Mozziah! Morrissey was behind it all! He WAS on Twitter! Someone put Trouble Loves Me on the record player damnit! I peed myself."

      Delete
  4. sad that this is the last blog, Good luck Rats x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are never what they seem, everything always happens for a reason. It always has, it always will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment behind BRS will always remain.
    There will be a part of us all at BRS represented in the rose I am taking to Rome.

    Thank you all for the good wishes here & on twit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just because he's accepted some other flowers now doesn't necessarily mean that it all has to end, does it? Regardless, I'll still take my blue rose to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown
    The dream is gone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chill Rat, I suspect you are over-reacting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tour has just begun, who knows what will be seen at future concerts. Good luck to those who FTM who plan on attending those future shows. I look forward to reading about the tour and adventures the followers enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok people to be honest if I were Morrissey and someone had bothered to buy me a large bouquet of flowers then I would have felt obliged to grab them with both hands.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive