Total Pageviews

Monday, 20 October 2014

Day 1131 - Why? Why? Why? Why?

Broken's visit to The Arms yesterday lunchtime didn't last very long, and consisted mainly of him posting pictures of Justin Bieber. Broken asked his followers to, "Post your favourite JB pics - everyone post your swag top 3", but when I asked him ten minutes later how many of his 98 followers had responded, he replied, "Zero. Most of my followers ignore me. Which is more than those who don't follow me can manage." EARS and George Edge had brief exchanges with Broken, and then he was gone.

HOW have we managed to get to a situation where Morrissey is on Twitter, has only 98 followers, and virtually all of those 98 ignore him? For Morrissey to have pulled this off is nothing short of genius! And why do people continue to abuse the 'Broken' twitter account if they don't believe it to be Morrissey? Why not just ignore it? It's not as though Broken is claiming to be Morrissey, he is NOT.

And on the subject of impersonation on twitter, when MorrisseysWorld first started, the account blatantly claimed to be Morrissey. Morrissey issued a number of denials on True-To-You to state that the MW twitter account wasn't him, but the question that not enough people bothered asking was, 'If MW wasn't Moz, then WHY didn't Morrissey have the account closed down?' If anybody impersonated me on twitter, I would have the account closed, and as a blogger pointed out back in September 2011, other twitter accounts claiming to be Morrissey, such as @TheMozzer, have been instantly closed down, so Morrissey is obviously both aware and protective about people impersonating him, and yet @MorrisseysWorld WASN'T ever closed down.


MORRISSEYSWORLD - MADE CLAIMS TO BE MORRISSEY ON TWITTER, AND GAINED 8000 FOLLOWERS, BUT WAS NEVER CLOSED DOWN

Astraea has also paid a number of visits to The Arms, and has once again posted some great photos, whilst also joining in with Broken on the JB theme. As I write this, Astraea's twitter account has now disappeared. Here are some of her latest offerings:





Embedded image permalink






Embedded image permalink















Embedded image permalink




Embedded image permalink


Embedded image permalink


BRS member, George Edge, had the perfect opportunity last night to take a Blue Rose for Morrissey at the intimate venue of Pala GPII in Pescara, but he chose not to. I guess George took Broken's word literally, that the BRS is dead, but if nobody takes blue roses, we will never find out if this is true or not. With Broken having returned to The Twitterdilly Arms, we have to believe that the Blue Rose Society lives on, and if Morrissey does accept and wear a blue rose on this tour, then the MorrisseysWorld story continues.


BRS MEMBER, GEORGE  EDGE (SIDEBURNS) STRETCHES OUT A HAND, BUT WITH NO BLUE ROSE

Footage is starting to emerge from last night's concert, and my favourite so far is Neal Cassady Drops Dead. When WPINOYB first came out, Neal Cassady was one of my least favourite tracks, but it has grown and grown on me, and I now can't wait to see and hear it live. I had really hoped that I would make it to the concert in Lausanne on November 2nd, but that has now become an impossibility for me, so I will have to wait until the o2 concert on November 29th to hear Neal Cassady.... if it is played!




ISTANBUL

EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY

Les Docks in Lausanne would have been the perfect venue to try and get a blue rose to Moz, as it only holds 1000 people. The o2 will be an impossible venue to get a blue rose to the stage, so I will now have to wait until the next UK tour to take my blue rose. Hopefully other members of the BRS will attempt to get a rose to Morrissey in Europe. Maybe George Edge will try in Paris next Tuesday, although somehow I don't think he will bother. George reminds me of John Cleese's 'Reg' character in Life of Brian; he recognises a Mozziah when he sees one, but much prefers words to action.


BRS MEMBERS L TO R: RAT, GEORGE, LOUGHTON LIL AND HEATHERCAT



LES DOCKS IN LAUSANNE SWITZERLAND - SMALLEST VENUE ON THE TOUR.

I have nothing more to add, so I will add nothing more.

*Goes off singing and making hosing actions* Neal Cassady drops dead, and Allen Ginsberg's hosed down in a barn

23 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a trip to Basel but I have had the rug pulled from beneath my feet, so for me, it looks like no concert on a European tour, it's a shame as it is quite a few years that I have not made at least one city on a European tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be a day that JB makes a single entitled "Still Chill"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it is impossible to predict how things will work out. Three years ago I would never have believed the journey we have shared together. I think we should always expect the unexpected.

    Broken's return yesterday was a welcome surprise.
    Lovely pictures, as ever from Astra. I hope her departure will be a brief one, I value her presence with abundance.

    Blimey, that venue in Switzerland looks really intimate.
    Thanks for continuing to blog Rats.




    ReplyDelete
  4. What I would give to be able to go to the Lausanne concert - that venue looks incredible! Glad to see that Astraea's account has already made a reappearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased that Neal Cassady is finally growing on you. I always knew that it would sound amazing live. Noticed on this footage that there is someone with his head stuck above a box, behind Solomon providing additional percussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed 'extra percussion man' on a clip the other day. He was fiddling with something near Matt. Who is he? Answers NOT on a postcard, but HERE please.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you still blogging away Ratty. Keep up the good work. I hope to see much more of Broken soon and hope Astraea will return shortly. Won't anyone bring Moz a blue rose? If he continues the tour into the U.S. in 2015 and gets anywhere near New York City, I will be there at the front with my blue rose bouquet. I promised I would and I will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rat, as I said on twitter. I have waited 2 years to be truly happy again.
    I spent all of the Pescara gig, jumping up and down, punching the air, singing
    my heart out. I don't want to be holding no blue rose. I am sorry.

    I NEVER said I was back in the BRS. please don't make me out to
    be a bad person. I just want to be happy. by doing what I want.

    that is ENJOYING EVERY SECOND OF A MOZ GIG. I am not
    going to argue with you over this.

    I know you will not agree with me. that is fine. I still like you
    and only wish you well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't owe any apologies to me; it wasn't me who started the BRS and asked fans to bring him roses, that was Morrissey!

      Delete
    2. It is everyone's personal choice whether or not they are willing to bring a blue rose to a gig.

      Delete
    3. Very true, but if Morrissey wrote on True-To-You, "Please bring roses to my concerts", the venues would be awash. The fact that he has asked his fans in a far more subtle way should make no difference. Anybody who has followed this whole story KNOWS that Moz asked for roses, so why wouldn't we take them?

      Delete
  8. They will deliver my rose on wednesday.that is gonna be the one for Vienna concert.also gonna order a new one for Utrecht.if Moz wants roses he get's roses;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inge, you ARE blue rose. You have made my day.

      Delete
  9. Good luck to each and every one of you going with a blue rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where can we actually buy a Blue Rose? First time etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.interrose.co.uk/flowers/a_single_blue_rose.shtml

      Delete
    2. I used that site a couple of years ago.. think a of a small rose and £30 lighter and you have it.. mind you it arrived the day they said it would and looked good in a buttonhole.. usa have the best, large and only $7 a go.. you could ask your local florist, they will get you one also... I bought one in venice beach and had to throw it, he got a white rose and sprayed it blue in front of me, yep blue dye all over my hands etc.. you live and learn

      Delete
    3. can I just add that in the USA one shop was that good they put some white roses in to some liquid dye and told me to return about six hours later and there they were all blue..

      Delete
    4. Manc, what did you do with all these blue roses? Have you ever tried giving one to Moz? Just an idea.

      Delete
    5. ok here goes, I have passed a blue rose to his holiness on two occasions, one being in a plastic bag with a book before the concert at the staples centre.. the other, well, only four of us know

      Delete
  11. Oh - the MisM blog!! Now that was one of my favourites. Ignored by the masses... but also penned by Our Mozzer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you've had a busy day today on Twitter Ratster.

    Rather than join in myself with a Twitter argument, and as most of your readership is the "non-believers", I will comment on FTM.

    It really surprises me after reading through the whole of FTM, the amount of people who have come along and been a part of this, and then completely u-turned.

    I assume they have changed their mind after being told by someone who doesn't have a clue if Morrissey is or isn't behind MW/BRS, that is isn't him because "he just wouldn't use Twitter/he can't use a computer do you remember in 2002 interview he said he doesn't... etc etc, blah blah.."

    (BTW my mother couldn't use a computer in 2006, or even the TV remote, you should see her whizzing around her iPad now)!

    But they believed in the first place surely, so what happens?

    My guess is they do what I've done. Find this out, try and work out what's going on.
    Possibly read 3 years worth of Rats blog- or is that just me?
    Then join Twitter, try and get Morrissey's attention, which then in turn gets the attention of the "he wouldn't possibly/no Morrissey wouldn't use Twitter" people.

    You've done all of the above, made your own decision.
    Why then back track? Stand up for your own convictions I say.
    Or is it just easier to follow the herd?

    I will be ordering my Blue Rose nearer to the 11th November.
    Me and Nathalie are hoping G√łteborg doesn't fully sell out so we stand a good chance of squeezing to the front.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive