Total Pageviews

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Day 1148 - Black plague

Morrissey returned to the stage in Hannover last night and announced, "It's true, we all had the black plague, but we are here, alive". The black plague must have hit bass player Solomon Walker hardest of all, because he was not "here", and was in fact replaced by a left-handed bass player, who according to those in the know, is named Mando Lopez.



MANDO LOPEZ LAST NIGHT IN HANNOVER READING HIS NOTES, WATCHED BY MUSICAL DIRECTOR BOZ BOORER

No announcement has been made to say that Solomon has left the MorrisseyBand for good, but rumours have been circulating for quite some time that all may not be quite as it should be, with the very first mention of Solomon being 'separate' made by Orange Mécanique in the comments section of FTM on 20th July. Orange M then made another comment about Solomon two days later as documented on Day 1043 of FTM.

By Tuesday evening, Solomon's departure was starting to become the worst kept secret in 'Unsigned Former Indie Pop', as Roberto Bordenzi, MancladMozfan and Fake Morrissey all took to twitter to hint that Solomon had left. Fake Moz tweeted, "things are getting weird", which were the same words used by Solomon's brother Matt on May 12th 2013, just before he left the band (mentioned on FTM here).

I had an inclination on Monday that something was afoot, having been told directly by Morrissey on Monday night; as documented in my unpublished blog entry of Day 1134, which will be available to read when FTM is published as a book in 2035 (available from all good book shops.... if there are any book shops left in 2035!). If anyone is wondering why I can't now publish the unpublished entry of Day 1134 now that the Solomon news is out, it is because Morrissey informed me of something else that I am not allowed to share. In fact, his words to me were, "if you open your big mouth, I will cut your whiskers and tail off and use them as a necklace." He has such a lovely way with words.

I obviously have no idea why Solomon has left the band, but he will be missed, and what is more, if MorrisseysWorld ever returns, then Our Mozzer is going to need a new waiter to serve his pain au raisin.



As for the Hannover concert, there has been very little posted on Youtube, but I think it is fair to assume that there were no blue roses offered; after all, there are only about six people left in the BlueRoseSociety, and none of them were in attendance last night. Will a blue rose be worn by Moz on this tour, or is the BRS dead?

And on the subject of the BRS, WHO could possibly be behind this website, which maps out the history of MorrisseysWorld and the BlueRoseSociety brilliantly: http://bluerosesociety.tumblr.com.

And finally, Morrissey has given a new interview to a Swedish publication, in which he states that he doesn't really use a computer much, and he also comments on personalities. Hmm.

*Goes off holding his whiskers and tail very firmly*

HANNOVER SET:

THE QUEEN IS DEAD
SPEEDWAY (+ SNIPPET OF SMILER WITH KNIFE)
KISS ME A LOT
THE BULLFIGHTER DIES
WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
STAIRCASE AT THE UNIVERSITY
HOW SOON IS NOW?
SUEDEHEAD
NEAL CASSADY DROPS DEAD
I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
ISTANBUL
KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE
ONE OF OUR OWN
TROUBLE LOVES ME
I'M NOT A MAN
MEAT IS MURDER
ENCORE
ASLEEP
EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for my "absence" - although I wasn't really absent, there just was no time to comment or to really communicate on twitter. Life is such a busy thing.

    As for the tumblr blog, I have a few ideas:

    First, it's odd that the Leonid Albrecht story can be found there, despite Our Mozzer (or Broken, I don't remember exactly) asking that it shall not be republished. This is either proof that it's NOT OM, or it's a strategy to distract from the fact that it IS indeed OM.
    Second, there's as picture of some blue animals resembling a blue rose, which was obviously taken from the @morrisseyparody account. To be honest, I lost track a bit with these various accounts, but I think it's mostly assumed that banjaxer is behind it? So does this mean that he also owns that blog?
    Third, it's true that I once pointed out that Solomon has a special role in some pictures, but I'd like to stress that I do not own a log, and therefore don't have the gift of clairvoyance. Considering the fact that the new bassist needs a music stand on stage, I'd say it's safe to assume that he jumped in pretty spontaneously, so either Solomon fell ill and Mando is just a temporary replacement, or something happened between Solomon and Morrissey very recently and he either quit or got fired. I'd like to see some Hanover footage of Morrissey introducing the band. Did he really just present the new bassist by saying "and on the bass - Mando Lopez" or did Solomon get a mention?

    Back to the tumblr... I agree that it's a beautiful collection of BRS moments, and it doesn't make much difference whether the author is OM or banjaxer or just a fan who shows his appreciation. Anyway, we'll never know, it's impossible to find out the identity of the author of a tumblr blog, as far as I know, so we'll just have to keep guessing. Which is part of the whole fun after all, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boredom is a plague.
    Great to see the missus back on the drums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beatings will continue until Moral improves...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see that a TTY statement has appeared after there was no mention of Solomon in Hannover. Whatever the "compassionate leave" is for, I wish Solomon all the best - he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see the tour has resumed, but sorry for Solomon, I wish him well. Thanks again Mr Ratty for keeping the blog going. I have been following, but do not always get to post on it. I have been having some of my own problems and, as I mentioned once before, my dog, a Chihuahua named Lily, hates when I use my tablet. Only thing I can think of is that the tablet makes a noise that only she can hear and it irritates her ears. If I begin to use it near her, she'll jump up and start running up and down the hall. As she is my shadow, I do not visit the internet as much as I used to because of this. My town is having their Xmas parade Saturday. Seems too early to me. Then next week they are predicting a super storm for Alaska which will effect our weather where I live a few days later. Luckily, Moz and most of his fans should be out of it's path. Hope all have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see the tour has resumed. Here's hoping we get Smiler very soon.
    My kind regards to Solomon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the interview with Moz that you posted on twitter yesterday.
    It is sad to see Solomon leave the band.I wish the new bass player good luck.It is nice that they have found a new bass player within just a few days.Maybe he was allready a member of the crew.I don't know.Does anyone know where he came from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Viva Lopez! He's there's for a g'd reason, & the show continues...
    G'd luck to Sol.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive