Total Pageviews

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Day 1155 - The signs are becoming sluggish

Kerry Action Richards yesterday entered the filthy toilets of the Twitterdilly Arms to inform me that it "wasn't possible" to take a blue rose to the Morrissey concert in Gothenburg as it was "hand luggage only" on the flight. Kerry really doesn't need to make excuses, and certainly not to me; at the end of the day, it is up to individuals if they wish to take Morrissey a blue rose or not, although surely the whole point of being a member of the BRS is to take Morrissey a blue rose.... isn't it?

Kerry also informed me that there was a group of girls at the front in Gothenburg with a blue rose, so presumably there was an opportunity for Morrissey to receive a blue rose in Gothenburg if he had wanted to. It would therefore appear that the time is STILL not right. Morrissey has accepted and worn a blue rose on each of his past three tours, but maybe he is only accepting one per calendar year. The first blue rose accepted was in October 2012, the second in March 2013 and the third in May 2014, so maybe we will have to wait until 2015 for the next one, but that doesn't mean we should stop offering them. In fact we have to keep offering them; because we must.

Another thing Kerry has mentioned is VERY interesting indeed, and constitutes a 'sign'/'coincidnece'. According to Kerry, on Monday she and Hoarsely Cry were discussing 'eyebrows' on twitter, and Kerry mentioned having eyebrows like slugs. During the singing of One of Our Own in Gothenburg, Kerry is convinced that Morrissey changed the lyric to "he took the slug". No Youtube footage has appeared to back this bizarre claim, but if Kerry is right, then it is right up there with "toothbrush".

Kerry also claims that just before singing Meat is Murder in Gothenburg, Morrissey was encouraging the crowd to graffiti 'Meat is Murder' all over Gothenburg with a template that he had. He then apparently finished his speech saying, "action please; my middle name and my last name." Kerry calls herself 'Action' on twitter.



Broken appeared in The Twit Arms last night and posted three or four photos of Justin Bieber before then disappearing. The old days of people flocking to interact with Broken are long gone. Even I don't know what to say to him anymore, because these days he just posts pictures of Biebs, and that's it. In the old days, Broken would be catty and witty, but it just isn't like the old days anymore. I also get the  impression that Broken only appears in The Arms when something is wrong in Morrissey's real life. The last time Broken was around, was when Solomon left, so I hope that last night's appearance doesn't mean that something has happened.

I haven't actually used my twitter account since last Friday, because none of the BRS members seem to be in The Arms these days, and all that the ex members ever tweet about now that they don't have the exciting buzz of MorrisseysWorld, is utter nothingness. I only ever joined twitter for MorrisseysWorld, so without Our Mozzer, there seems little reason to tweet, especially if there are no other BRS members to interact with. If twitter is about posting photos of yourself, calling each other doof balls, and talking about getting shit-faced, then it isn't for me. I want to talk about Morrissey and blue roses, but it would appear I am alone.

Meanwhile, footage from recent Scandinavian concerts is starting to appear on Youtube, including Scandinavia from Lund and Trouble loves Me from Gothenburg. The songs are as great as ever.







11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the lyric change 'he took the slug' before. A random utube check finds it here at Padova -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDHYGmtnNRg

    Did anyone notice what was on the band tshirts at Gothenburg prior to the encore tshirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well done GWO; it's a good thing someone is paying attention. Slugs everywhere. Nothing to see here.

      Delete
    2. indeed hats off to detective GWO, but I'm sure I read someone's concert review and there was a mention of said lyric change

      Delete
  4. My son just got a job a McMurderers. I've told him that I'll turn up to his work wearing a MEAT IS MURDER t-shirt.

    I have failed as a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My twitter timeline is often a reminder that I don't fit in terribly well with others. However I do feel there is still a bond between a few of us here.

    I've not had much chance to watch recent footage on You Tube, but from what I've seen its great that Moz continues to be on top form.

    Thanks for blogging Rats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bond between the BRS members will become tighter and tighter. It should be remembered that the BRS ISN'T for everyone, and there is nothing at all wrong with fans NOT wanting to take roses to Moz, but that is what the BRS is all about. A number of people keep making the mistake of thinking that I have a problem with them tweeting to each other about nothingness; I DON'T, it's just that this inane tweeting ISN'T for me. I shall blog about it today.

      Delete
  6. Rat,

    Reading the FTM has been very enjoyable well up to the start of the European tour. After the tour started off in Portugal, the joy changed for me into a greyer one with too much focus on BRS members having to bring blue roses. You write this is Morrissey’s wish, Then why does it feel uncomfortable when you want people to do what you say Morrissey wishes. It looks almost as if this has become your personal crusade. To fullfill what exactly in whose life? Or so it feels to me.

    Reading along and getting involved in the adventurous journey of the blue rose, the coincidenses pointed out by you got me as a frequent reader very excited. As a fact I can say I would’ve never known about it, would not have looked on Twitter, nor would I have met in real life or in virtual space a handfull of interesting people with the same one interest: Morrissey. I am grateful for that. The truth of the story is that so far Morrissey has not accepted blue roses on this tour. As pointed out, In Gothenburg we noticed someone with a blue rose in her hand. And while Moz accepted gifts from other people who stood front row, the rose was completely ignored. To me that doesn’t mean anything. Not that the BRS is dead, or alive, or whatever. It is all a game, played differently by various people.
    That is one thing. The other is that I believe, like I meant to say before, that anyone is free to decide to take a rose or not to a concert without having to confess they did or didn’t bring one.

    We all experience the story in our own special ways. Some of us will take the effort to bring a rose, and some won’t for whatever reason. Accept it, and respect it.

    I read in your comment above that you have no problem with fans not wanting to take roses, but you do have a problem with it, or you wouldn't make such a big deal out of it. It comes across to me that we're either with you/ BRS or against you/ BRS. (Who said that before? Was it Bush Jr.?) Like we have to choose, there is no in between.

    You could’ve asked us to write a review about the concert, instead of focussing so much on the flower. A positive approach would’ve been nice, even if you don’t care to be nice. (which I have, btw, no problem with)

    As I see it the purpose of your blog should be to get people involved, interested and excited in the story of the Blue Rose and the connection with Morrissey. And is not meant to put people under pressure by solely bringing a rose to a concert for the sake of...

    I will keep on following the story, tail up and on you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent post, thank you. I will use it in today's entry.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive