Total Pageviews

Friday, 9 January 2015

Day 1 2...1 2 (testing testing) -

It felt a little like the good old MorrisseysWorld days yesterday, as Fifi's OOOO (One of our Own) 'coincidence', set the Dreary Deluded Dozen excitedly chattering. Orange Mécanique asked Mme Fifi how she knew about the French mix of OOOO before it was announced on TTY, to which Fifi replied, "It must be the time difference. Surely."

I had further chats with Fifi in the toilets of the Twitterdilly Arms yesterday, but as I have learnt from previous experience, these toilet conversations are private affairs, so I cannot write here about the content; although I can say that one of the topics of conversation was about record labels, which sent Fifi flying back out into the public bar, where she played the following songs:

Ci Sto by Françoise Hardy, Les Cactus by Jacques DutroncDracula by Christine Pilzer and En Douce by Jack Ary.



Fifi also played Morrissey's live version of Cosmic Dancer from 1991 in Utrecht.... how can that possibly be TWENTY FOUR F****** YEARS AGO?


In my blog entry of yesterday, I posted the TTY picture of the proposed sleeve for Bullfighter/One Of Our Own. GWO noticed that in the picture, it referenced the mixing of Scandinavia, and she wondered why. Scandinavia was also due to be released as a 'French mix B-Side', so presumably the sleeve posted on TTY is a mock up of that particular single. Art-Hounds and Smiler with Knife were also both due to be released as French mix B-sides. I wonder if we will ever get to hear them?

And whilst I am on the subject of the Harvest sleeve, the Solowers were yesterday discussing what Harvest single may have originally influenced Morrissey when he signed to (FUCK)Harvest. I immediately remembered the single by Ayshea called Farewell, but I couldn't remember it's significance. I looked back through the FTM archives, and discovered that on Day 855 of FTM, it is recorded that Astra played Ayshea's Farewell a full two weeks before the (FUCK)Harvest deal was ever revealed. It now looks as though Astra had a DOUBLE premonition; what an apt choice Farewell was.



Also in that same FTM entry of January 16th 2014, it is noted that Mme Fifi played the Mauricet film clip in The Arms, that was used on the song Shame is the Name. Those were happy days.





18 comments:

  1. It's grand to add more coincidences to our mystical journey we have shared together.

    Fifi always brings some magic & sparkle with her to liven the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's torture to know that we're being deprived of hearing the alternate versions of these splendid songs. Hopefully someday... Really enjoyed Fifi's offerings on the jukebox yesterday - merci beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will in the future... I was told by Boz abit ago there's no pressing so no copy at all, (or he would have had it by now) lol...but yea when the album gets re-issued they will :)

      Delete
  3. yes loving the fact that we can still come here to discuss such things,( thanks colonel whiskers), maybe, just maybe ,February will reveal all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manc, what a nice surprise, happy new year! I trust you, I think soon we'll have good news. Enjoy your Sunday you all. Ciao.

      Delete
    2. hi our Italian scrumpet, looks like we didn't have to wait too long for UK news, more ahead, I feel it in my alcohol

      Delete
    3. Manc! Hi!!! I was wondering what happened to you, how are you?

      Delete
    4. oh fine.. thanks for asking, I will be back soon, by the way, did you like my note on Letters To Moz

      Delete
  4. I know older morrissey fans who've waited what seems like eons to hear a song called KIT When they would tell me about it it seemed like they were describing a hidden treasure lost in the sands of time. Now it's stored in the loving gigabytes of my ipod forever and ever. I hope OOOO is released to us soon.

    "You are now twenty-eight, oh for christsake, kit..kit.."

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we still have the coincidences and clues, even if I at times I'm angry with my self for missing them, over joyed that we still have them or just confused as to what they mean. I am so glad to be on this journey among so many wonderful fans. Thank you to Mr Ratty for keeping this alive and to all who help keep it going. To all have a good week. So far it's been going well here although I can not believe that today I feel as if we are having a heat wave when the temperature is only 29F --for the last week it's been snowing and -30F. Also, it helps my spirits that my football team just won their playoff game. One more game closer to the Super Bowl. Yeah Green Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice Morrissey gave an interview to Louder Than War! Just like MW said he would!!!!!! Nothing to see here, just another coincidence... like the blue roses... the top 10 lists.... the live references... Christ I can't remember tham all now!!!


    Class!!!!
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I forgot all about that

      Delete
    2. yeah I think it was broken who tweeted a journo from louder and told him to approach moz, because moz would give them an interview

      Remember louder than war then called MW "the M!"

      You can't write this stuff!

      Delete
    3. Day 471 of FTM reports the Twitter exchange between OM & John Robb of Louder Than War. Robb did indeed refer to OM as 'M' in his tweet, which indicated that Robb believed OM was the real Morrissey.... but nobody picked up on it! Louder Than War now has it's interview with Moz, and what a great one it is. Add this to the coincidence list. Tick.

      Delete
    4. wow, yes I remember Robbs tweet.. maybe there is hope for me as I also recall colonel whiskers reporting it .. we might run out of tick space, how about a gold star for every 5 ticks..

      Delete
    5. Also interesting that John Robb fulfilled Our Mozzer's request to remove Banjaxer's MW article from the LTW website, as reported on Day 469. John addressed Our Mozzer as 'M' in that exchange, too.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive