Total Pageviews

Thursday, 15 January 2015

Day 1218 - The Gospel according to Poetic Luke

The following comment was left on FTM in the early hours of this morning:

Broken told me OM is at his wit's end over the lack of attention for his parody writing and the abject lack of comments.

Even the deluded dozen only left cursory thoughts, with a couple of exceptions.

Sadly it now sounds like there won't be a part 2 or 3.

Thank you all for a wonderful journey. It was fun to be a part of it all.

I notice even the publication of an interview in an unlikely place (louder than war) as promised and predicted by MW/broken barely registers outside of FTM. It's a funny old world.

I think Moz will wear a Bieber shirt soon. Most former MWers will shrug, "well, it's HARDLY that unexpected... he wore American Idol after all."

If he poses with a blue rose on his next album sleeve: "Oh well he's done that many times... live... during Hollywood High... didn't you know? Nothing to do with that SILLY blog."

Luke

Posted by Poetic Morrissey to Following The Mozziah at 15 January 2015 at 05:18

NOTHING NEW HERE.... AND CERTAINLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT SILLY MORRISSEYSWORLD BLOG


Luke was one of the very first people to ever leave a comment on FTM, but this is the first time he has ever let us know that he is in contact with Broken....Hmm!

It would appear from Luke's comment that the lack of appreciation for the latest parody piece has crushed Our Mozzer, and it is hardly surprising. Only fourteen people bothered to comment on the piece, and of those fourteen, only Jaz & Astraea bothered to show any real passion for the content; we don't deserve to have the parodies. I myself stopped writing parodies for exactly the same reason; a writer needs a reaction, and needs to know that their efforts are appreciated and worthwhile.

Luke is also right regarding the Louder Than War interview, and no doubt his musings about the Bieber shirt and blue rose would also turn out to be true if either/both ever happened. It's all a dreadful shame....and yet at the same time, it is the work of a genius. How the hell did Morrissey manage to pull this off right under the noses of his own adoring fans?


GENIUS

Fifi has again been in The Arms today, passing pleasantries with three or four of her 62 followers. Fifi also posted a few pictures of Cocteau's paintings from Villa Santo Sospir, just as she did back on Day 830 of FTM; although from the reaction from those in The Arms this lunchtime, they obviously never bothered reading that blog entry of mine. No wonder no one believes this whole story, when even those who are interested don't bother to follow it all!

Embedded image permalink


Embedded image permalink
THE UNICORN GOAT FROM THE BEDROOM THAT JEAN COCTEAU SLEPT IN AT SANTO SOSPIR


And finally, priority tickets have today gone on sale for the arena concerts. Standing tickets on the priority site (UK.Mporium.org) are priced at £65 + £5 handling fee, and included with the ticket is a free Barber shop t-shirt that usually retails at £25. Non-priority standing tickets go on sale tomorrow priced at £45. Genius.



Ticket Tee Shirt

FREE(ISH) T-SHIRT


18 comments:

  1. I didn't leave a comment on the most recent part parody because it wasn't all that flash. How dare I say that!

    Actually, of most interest for me was the duplication of the resurrected MW blog's theme of WINOYB being a "lyrical debacle".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the explanation of how a b****** differs from a c*** very amusing, but each to their own. Are you suggesting that WPINOYB may be a lyrical joke?

      Delete
    2. I'm not suggestion that WPINOYB is a "lyrical joke". I think that it's a fine piece of agitpop (although I take it that a stun gun is the same thing as a tazer) - but there's a place for tautological repetition and semantic considerations are often best left aside when determining the merit or otherwise of lyrics: they play their best to our illogical sides.

      Rather, the ghost of the MW blog claimed that WPINOYB's list of nations was a "lyrical debacle", then comes along a parody that cites the exact same lyrics using a similar critique. Maybe it's just parodying the parodying critics, Just saying, that's all.

      Delete
  2. I've already left a reply to Luke's comment, so I'll just add that unfortunately, I'm woefully inept at expressing my passion for the parodies, but the passion is certainly there. Luke's comment saddens me greatly, but at least we can be thankful for the many parodies and the journey we've had the privilege to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OM needs to get over himself. Broken promised that the Bez part would be very funny and that Part 1 was just setting the scene. His audience may be small, but to leave the piece unfinished is unprofessional. Let's be 'aving it.

      Delete
    2. That should have read 'next', not 'Bez''! God only knows how this new iPhone 5 thingy turned next into Bez. Bring back paper and ink, I say.

      Delete
  3. I feel sick in my soul and terribly guilty because OM is feeling deeply unappreciated and I am one of those unappreciative ingrates. How can I ever be forgiven for my lack of attention? There is no good reason I can give, no worthwhile excuse except to say that I am dying, if not in body than surely in spirit. I throw myself at the mercy of OM and beg pardon for my crimes against him. I am a useless person. Utterly, miserably useless. I did recognize the paintings Fifi posted and I do remember reading Day 380 of FTM but sadly I am alienated from certain Twitter conversations that happen when I am still asleep here in New York. Yes, I sleep late. My crimes against humanity are never-ending. Someone kill me please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jesse! You'll have to live your life in GMT/BST from now on. No excuses!

      I too left a pointless/worthless nothing comment on Part 1 of the parody.
      But it was a comment nevertheless.
      As Rat has said, and I assumed as I read that, it was setting the scene ready for Part 2. Of which I am looking forward to reading if it appears.

      Quality over quantity....

      Delete
    2. Ignore the punctuation, I do must of the time..... As you can tell

      Delete
  4. Love the 'Barber Shop Tee as shown' featured on Mporium. If it's that size it ain't fitting no one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in tears reading today's post, and as I attempt to get what I really feel into my comment. I realize part of this might be because Streisand is singing 'The Way We Were' in the background. It is just an ad on the TV for the movie, but it is how I feel. It was so exciting when MW was active and I really miss that, the tour journals, the parodies, the banter in the chat room and on twitter--it's all gone. I realize it is a lot of work to keep it up, same as with FTM and I would be happy if it was just a monthly post or when something new was happening. I do not enjoy hearing that OM is upset and feel bad about that. Personally, I do not always know what to comment on and feel that what I do write is inadequate compared to what the others have written or, because of the time zones, I am often a day late compared to what the others have already written. That does not mean I am not the big Moz fan I always was and I still look forward to whatever crumbs he wants to send our way and thank him for what he did give us. As I am beginning to ramble and the cat has begun his sad whaling in the basement. He does this at night when he wants attention and in a competition he'd possibly beat Streisand for most mournful. Hope all the other BRS are have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well, I am just as guilty for usually not sharing my thoughts in detail, but to my defense I might mention that I have a very busy life and I see Morrissey's World and FTM as entertainment, as something that lightens up my grey everyday life a bit, but I rarely find the time and energy to leave a comment that contains something of worth. I'm taking that time now, and I apologise that it's mostly critique:

    We are Our Mozzer's audience, and audiences certainly do not like to be humiliated every other day. Well, "humiliation" is a strong word and I don't really mean it that seriously at all. But sometimes I'm a little turned off by the way His Our Mozzerness treats his audience. We obviously have to beg for every bit, and begging is not one of my core competencies. Of course it is only a game, and I'm invited to play if I like, but I hope nobody holds it against me if sometimes I decide that I'd rather not. We're all free. This journey - as I understand it - is supposed to be fun, but sometimes it gets a bit silly and tedious. I'm not complaining, obviously I'm still here, still enjoying myself, just sharing observations.

    An artist cannot choose his audience (with David Cameron being the exception, Morrissey and Johnny Marr had full right to exclude him from the Smiths fanbase...). An artist presents his art and if it's quality, he will have an audience for sure. But making an audience crawl on the floor for more art seems wrong to me. At some point, the audience will refuse to beg, as a consequence the artist won't publish more art. And both lose. There's a very thin line between refreshing caprice and tiring diva behaviour, and occasionally I'm tempted to simply say that no one HAS to publish his art. It's the artist's choice after all, isn't it?

    Nevertheless, I'm lOOking forward to what's going to happen next. The never ending signs and coincidences are such a joy, and with a new tour, the Blue Rose wagon surely rolls on. I'm happy to observe, take part, leave and come back, praise and criticise, roll my eyes or open them widely in fascination. This whole thing is unique and I consider myself very lucky to be one of those few who have discovered it.

    Enjoy your weekends, everybody. Viva Blue Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Your negativity isn't required around here. £50 for a Morrissey ticket is a fair price in today's entertainment business. You would pay double that to watch Arsenal. I bet you'd pay it to watch the Smiths. The true Moz fans will be there. Goodnight.

      Delete
    3. Ratty dear, I don't know what Lizzy wrote, but now she's no more on twitter and this is sad. Maybe she's in a particular moment and for her it could be a sacrifice pay all this money. Anyway you're fight too, just bought tickets for a stupid Disney Channell starlet named Violetta and payed 100 euro each ticket...daughter forced me. C'est la vie. First part of the parody was fantastic. Ciao. P.S. have you discovered something about the movie during I'm not a man? Please, let me know, thanks.

      Delete
    4. I think the film is still a mystery. There is a serious lack of film buffs amongst the DDD. What made you think the gates were a car factory and do you think one of the men is Jean-Paul Belmondo?

      Delete
  8. Forget to say thanks for the beautiful pics of Villa Santo Sospir, who doed live there now? Just curious. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive