Total Pageviews

Friday, 20 February 2015

Day 1254 - Buffy in the bag

It has once again been a very quiet week in The Twitterdilly Arms. None of the old regulars such as EARS, Heather, JG etc seem to frequent any more, but I guess that's because MorrisseysWorld is, to all intents and purposes, dead.... and yet a slight pulse can still be heard, lightly beating somewhere.

There were a couple of brief visits to The Arms from Broken during the week, but he didn't stay long, and offered very little other than the usual Bieber lusting. The fraudulent Alf's Button also made a couple of visits, but I stopped writing about Alf after Astra's comment last October:

Alf's Button was one of the buttons on one of the valet's uniforms at the Dorchester.

You have to learn to never let a button fuck with you.

Or a valet, for that matter.

It's just always a pity to see everyone so easily taken in. Incredible in fact.

Have none of you any sense of reality? This is becoming tedious now.

It was of course Astra who introduced Alf's Button to the masses, but it was obviously just a cruel trick..... although that mention of the Savages allegedly turning down Morrissey's offer of supporting him will always play on my mind.


JEHN BETH - LEAD SINGER OF SAVAGES RELAXING IN NEW YORK JAN 2015


Back in the real world of Morrissey, Buffy Sainte-Marie has been confirmed as the support act for five of the UK concerts, but unfortunately not the one that I will be attending. With the exception of He's a Keeper of the Fire, I have not really been aware of Buffy's songs, and until I looked her up this week in Mozipedia, I had no idea that a number of Buffy's song titles had been inspirations for Morrissey song titles; such as the superb Suffer The Little Children and Better To Find Out For Yourself, whilst You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond is very obviously where You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side comes from. Morrissey must be absolutely thrilled to have bagged Buffy.













Embedded image permalink

The only other things to mention are: A) Morrissey was this week seen at a Billy Idol concert in LA, B) the next round of concerts start in just 17 days and C) a new anti-fur video has also been posted on TTY; which is so stomach turningly graphic, that if it is used as concert footage, could see the arenas knee deep in vomit! There is NO D).
I once again find myself wondering why I am still here. It is time to close down my Twatter account again, and I shall only return to blogging and tweeting if Our Mozzer returns.
Goodnight.


21 comments:

  1. Ratty old son, chin up. Did you do that Bournemouth poster or is that really how it is? If so I must have one, a work of art.

    You know I'm always here somewhere but the imposters, philanderers and plagiarists drive me underground. We will plot again in Bournemouth (and perhaps nick a poster or two). Your efforts are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My chin has never been further up, old sport. I was merely wondering out loud as to why we hang around, when MorrisseysWorld really does seem to have run it's course. Perhaps we are all hoping against hope for a return of those halcyon days of 2011/12/13?

      Delete
    2. Ps The rather amusing Bournemouth poster was posted on twitter; we shall have to look for it on the 14th. Do let me know where the pre-gig meet up is going to be. It would be great to get together (blue rose wearing optional).

      Delete
    3. If you fail to liberate that Bournemouth poster do keep your eyez out for the ones that are appearing on double decker buses.

      Delete
  2. get together.. I shall, for obvious reasons have to pass, but I wish everyone well, have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it’s goodnight from me. And it’s goodnight from him. As one pessoa might have said. I think it was one of the Ronnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I've been hijacked by life lately, I'm always present in spirit. And yes, I do foolishly cling to a shred of hope for a return of the glory days of years gone by. How can one not, no matter how foolish it may be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to all. I return, as you speculated, in hopes of the fun days of MW returning, but also I enjoy visiting a site where the majority are fans of Moz and write decently of him and not the mean spirited trash you find on other sites. As we are currently in a deep freeze where I live, my weekend will be spent indoors, wrapped in a blanket and probably watching old films-which I do most weekends. Sunday is my son's birthday, but we will be celebrating it at a later date, as the 5 yr old, on his wife's side, has decided it would be nice to throw him a surprise party at some children's place. She did most of her planning for the party in front of him, so he will have to pretend to be surprised. I hope all of you have a nice and warm weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still loitering in the background Rats.
    The tour is giving me a focus.
    Bring on Bournemouth. Morrissey & the seaside, perfect combination to help heal the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness gracious me! One of these days someone's going to try to wash my pretty mouth out with soap, if I'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://followingthepessoas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone! Wanted to say hello... also great to see much news on our Mozzer. Hope you're all doing well. Manc will u return to twitter? Hope you're good Ratty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Buffy to be on the tour is fantastic! She's so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ratty dear, do you know Soldier Blue? It's the only Buffy's song I know...there's an interesting film too. And you forget another little particular: the lovely photo of Moz with the faschion designer, the beautiful woman wears a dress full of blue roses....just for saying...Good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bravo Romina! He is so very dashing that I didn't even notice the dress!

      Delete
    2. Thanks dear, have a nice day!

      Delete
    3. Well spotted!
      Linder has also been photographed with a rose for a recent interview. Not blue though.

      Delete
  12. Hope we see some FUCK THE BRITS t-shirts on tour.
    Well spotted with the blue rose dress Romina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feb hey!!!( should I pronounce it the way I was taught or the new urban way) February or Febuary.. either way, what a month

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive