Total Pageviews

Friday, 13 March 2015

Day 1276 - Blue Rose Riddle Me Blue

Astra took to the comments section of FTM this afternoon, first to post, "I'm feeling playful today. Anyone seen JB?" before then adding this gem:

Blue Rose Riddle Me Blue

Roses are red
Violets are blue
When the tour starts
Blue roses in view

My eyes are like emeralds
My gaze made of amber
In love we fan embers
And with daring exuberance
Blue roses all
Whisper your name

A Muse in name and nature
Searching for eloquence, love
And danger
But never forget that when Calliope sang
Oh Calliope, Calliope...

The sisters were punished
And hubris was turned to despair

Presiding over harmony
The sweetest voice brings ecstasy
My shoulders lie bare
My touch, as I caress with innocence
My eyes bathe everyone with tenderness
But look not to me
The answer does not lie here

In the darkness, what can you see?
When it falls, do you know what to do?
In the silence
And when time's tide will smother you
There will be blue roses, again
Blue roses, anew

Blue roses,
For the beautiful eyes
That have wept
As mine have done, and as they will again

Blue roses
For the eyes
That have laughed

And blue roses for all
Who continue to love

It's dusk now
It's dark now
House lights are falling
Hush again
Now hush, again
Eternity's calling

Formless, shiftless, shapeless
I have no edges
I have no boundaries
Candleglow
Afterglow
Now, watch me go

Roses are red
Violets are blue
But when the tour starts
Blue roses in view
Posted by Astraea to 
Following The Mozziah at 13 March 2015 at 15:53


The words MUST have meaning, and I am drawn in particular to, "In the darkness, what can you see?" - is this a reference to the pause during Speedway? Will a blue rose will be projected onto the screen?
I am even more drawn to, and rather excited by, "And when time's tide will smother you, There will be blue roses, again" - could this mean that Morrissey will accept a blue rose during the singing of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, and if so, at which concert?

The big question is, will anyone actually offer Morrissey a blue rose? This is the first UK tour for four years, but despite Moz having spent the past FOUR years subtly asking fans to bring roses to his concerts, the chances of there being more than the odd one or two at these UK dates is very slim. I shall do my best to offer mine tomorrow. Look out for that big red inflatable marker.

*Goes off singing* Park the car at the side of the road.


Embedded image permalink
EARS BLUE ROSE - BUT WILL MOZ TAKE IT?



Embedded image permalink
PHOTO PROVIDED BY KERRY FROM THE QUEUE AT NOTTINGHAM

11 comments:

  1. I sincerely hope all attendees at the Nottingham show have a magnificent evening. I hope things are noctiflorous in Nottingham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the lovely poem, Astra. And all the best to all of you lucky people who will be going to Bournemouth - can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful poem. A joy to read, many thanks Astra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joyous "queue".
    Think we'll be kicked off the one in Bournemouth as 1. I had to get some sleep and 2. I need wine, vodka and gin.
    Astra if you are reading today's I replied to yesterday's JB comment.
    Back to sleep for me so I'm all fresh faced for tonight. Where I hope to get a gift to Morrissey. Kick the bride down the aisle would be a good place for him to take it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what's going on with removed comments..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosy has written a review of Bournemouth which will be posted as a new blog entry soon.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive