Total Pageviews

Thursday, 30 April 2015

Day 1324 - Bra-celona

Today's blog entry is written by EARS, in Barcelona:

Last night was pure joy. I was lucky enough to be right up front. Moz was mesmerizing.
My rose got on stage during encore (Ed - rose seen landing at 19 secs) , not long after I threw it chaos ensued. I was standing right by the security gate where I witnessed a mass of wrestling bodies! I have the bruises as a souvenir , it was a few moments of surreal madness.

morrissey-barcelona-2015-by-elblogdelupi-dot-com-7

So many highlights, but Moz swinging a black bra during Not A Man was priceless! So much more I could add.
It was a magical night which will be with me... always, always, always.

I saw a very pronounced O but for the life of me I can't remember which song.
The rose wasn't cleared from the stage, I held my breath for a few seconds when it looked like Moz was about to tread on it!
I appeared to be the only person with a rose. I am hopeful that Moz will have more in America. I can't help but feel I /we have let Moz down by failing to deliver on stage.

I must add again how powerful MIM is. The music compliments the message so well. The video is more painful to watch each time I see it. If only tears could help stop such barbaric animal cruelty.




SET LIST 

1. SUEDEHEAD
2. STAIRCASE
3. WORLD PEACE
4. KISS ME
5. ISTANBUL
6. THROWING ARMS
7. MAMA LAY SOFTLY ON THE RIVERBED
8. SPEEDWAY (+ FRANKLY MR SHANKLY)
9. SMILER
(BAND INTRO IN SPANISH BY GUSTAVO, INCLUDING CALLING MOZ 'MAESTRO')  
10. STOP ME
11. FIRST GANG
12. OOOO
13. BULLFIGHTER
14. CRASHING BORES
15. NOT A MAN (BRA TWIRL)
16. NEAL
17. WHAT SHE SAID
18. MEAT
ENCORE
19. SUNDAY








Embedded image permalink
PHOTO NICO - SHARED BY @GUILLAUME1973



Other photo taken from Isidora Morales' blog: http://elblogdelupi.com/music/morrissey-en-barcelona-2015 + video blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-fqQYr6Q0#t=111

10 comments:

  1. Only peeking as at work.. glad you had a fab time.. i know the bra means something.. for the life of me i dont know yet.. shakes head

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure the all seeing never believing Astrea was talking about a bra on twitter... maybe it was someone else I only pop pop through twit these days

    ReplyDelete
  3. can anyone help with the bra (ooh err) no serious anyone recall where I heard it mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Manc, I don't recall a bra being mentioned recently, but I certainly don't catch everything on twit these days. The bra twirling was definitely a priceless moment! Thanks to Ears for her concert review - I'm so glad you were able to enjoy another fabulous show and bring yet another rose. I have no doubt that roses will be more numerous in America- we eagerly await the summer tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely review. I see "Mama" has made an appearance on the setlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for padding out my ramblings Rats.
    I am still absorbing the enjoyment & delight of such a great concert.
    There is so much to see in Barcelona, it has a nice vibe. Of course the Gaudi architecture is stunning.

    Flying further down south tomoz. Hope we get some footage from todays concert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u for sharing Ratty, lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive