Total Pageviews

Saturday, 13 June 2015

Day 1368 - Oh so French














Embedded image permalink
PHOTO BY JOSEPH JOANNIDES


The new US tour is underway, Morrissey has made a nod to one of his own pessoas, OM has returned to FTM, Morrissey's novel is in the hands of the publishers, myself & Marcus the Greek have made friends again, and the naysayers continue to naysay - Round, rhythm goes round, Round, round, rhythm of MorrisseysWorld goes round!

The roller coaster ride that is MorrisseysWorld continues, and Morrissey's very first words of his new US tour, that opened in New Orleans on Thursday, were, "Monsieur, Madame, Mademoiselle - Bonsoir!". These words are a direct nod to Morrissey's own pessoa, Mademoiselle Fifi, and to my blog entry of Wednesday, in which I explained how Mademoiselle Fifi had revealed to us the influence of some of the lyrics to the song, Neal Cassady Drops Dead.



"MONSIEUR, MADAME, MADEMOISELLE - BONSOIR!" - STAGE ENTRANCE & SUEDEHEAD IN NEW ORLEANS

Whilst on the subject of my last blog entry, Jon the Con (another Moz pessoa?) left comment, saying, "You might remember broken's old twitter id had a gay Brazilian admirer... who loved Coelho... and original broken followed him...jigsaw...unprovable...genius." All we need now is for Morrissey to mention at some stage that he enjoys the work of Coelho, although it would, of course, mean NOTHING! And whilst on the subject of Coelho, the more I read about him, the more similarities I see between him and Morrissey, and what is more, Coelho even took to twitter last year to defend Justin Bieber. Jigsaw, jigsaw, jigsaw.


justin bieber paulo coelho


Jon the Con wasn't the only one to leave comment on my last blog entry, we also had this left at 8.25am this morning (3.25am in Atlanta, Georgia):

As Nicki French once said, "Once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart."

M


Posted by Morrissey to Following The Mozziah at 13 June 2015 at 08:25




I do hope Our Mozzer isn't really falling apart!

This isn't the first time that Our Mozzer has mentioned Nicki French. He previously mentioned her in the MorrisseysWorld chatroom in November 2012, as documented on Day 433 of FTM. Rather coincidentally; or maybe NOT so coincidentally if OM has particularly mentioned Ms French knowing that I would research previous mentions of her by him, my FTM entry of Day 433 was all about the possibility of a Morrissey novel. The reason that I had written a blog entry about a possible Morrissey novel, was because Our Mozzer had tweeted on Saturday November 17th 2012 to say, "I am writing a novel" - as documented on Day 432 of FTM, which also mentions that this is exactly the same time that OM stopped writing the MorrisseysWorld blog! I wonder if anyone realises just how important FTM is as a historical document? Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the novel! That OM tweet from November 17th 2012 was the first mention ANYWHERE of a Morrissey novel, and in my blog entry of Day 433, I suggested  that if Morrissey was indeed writing a novel, I didn't believe that he would release it under his own name, but under a pseudonym.

Since those blog entries from November 2012, we now know from various interviews, that Morrissey has been writing a novel, and in a new interview with Alternative Nation published this week, Morrissey has stated that, "the book is with the publishers who are deciding on a date to publish. It could be tomorrow, it could be 2071. It's all in the hands of the publishing gods." Will my prediction of 2012 be right? Could the novel be quietly released under a pseudonym, with nobody knowing it is the work of Morrissey? How exciting would that be? For all we know, it may have already been released!


It should be noted that OM's original mentioning of Nicki French resulted in her version of Total Eclipse of the Heart reaching Number 9 in the Twitterdilly Arms Top 10, and me subsequently banning the playing of Nicki French songs - documented here in my blog entry of Day 440, but Nicki has a new single coming out called This Love, which regulars of The Arms are bound to want to play, so her ban is hereby lifted.

NICKI FRENCH - NO LONGER BANNED

One of those to leave comment on that blog entry of Day 440 was Marcus the Greek, who was one of the original MorrisseysWorlders and Blue Rose Society members. Myself and Marcus have had a number of ups and downs over the years, especially when he laid into Broken during Fag-gate, but I am pleased to report that today, myself and Marcus have unblocked each other on twitter, and are trying to repair our relationship! The BRS is a very small band of brothers, but Marcus is one of the few who truly belongs. Bless├ęd are the Greek.

MARCUS - FIRST WITH A MORRISSEYSWORLD T-SHIRT

I will sign off with a few more videos from New Orleans (thanks mainly to Youtube user moz85214, who incidentally was the person who brought us the blue rose Trouble Loves Me clip in Santa Ana), which, as always, looked to have been a wonderful night of entertainment.





















And finally, finally, THIS:


16 comments:

  1. Have the Winds changed?
    Has a New Ship set Sail?
    Did the New chapter Begin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it's an intriguing idea to release the novel under a pseudonym, it probably wouldn't be the wisest marketing move for the publisher! I certainly hope we get to see it a little sooner than 2071! I'm very thankful that FTM exists as a historical document, otherwise we wouldn't be able to remember anything - and I enjoy going back and reading old entries such as those you linked today. Ah, to return to the glory days of frequenting the chatroom with OM...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, yep Heather, I remember rushing home from work only to find that I was locked out as capacity in the chatroom was only about 5 or maybe 7 but he managed to up it to 10.. we used to sit on the windowsill banging on the windows to get in.. good times

      Delete
  3. I recall the first mention of the novel being in the chatroom when we were asked about "Brazil"by Moz59, who in my opinion was seeing if we had really read the story, only thought that because one of his first questions about it was "do we know how Paulo had died", of course it was with the knife right through the aorta, I said at the time that I thought it was a good story and still think so.. I also asked who wrote it but we were told it was sent in by anon... hmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty sure after he asked what we thought moz59 then said he was writing two novels.. but you know my grey cells.. maybe Heather or GWO will recall better than me

      Delete
    2. I don't recall if he mentioned writing two novels, but I remember that he asked about the ending of Brazil (how Paulo died) because it was supposedly connected with a sign at a concert. He claimed it was an obvious sign and that's why he removed the story from the MW blog, but it wasn't obvious enough for us to ever figure out what the sign was. But then of course Smiler appeared, which seemed to some of us to be a sign in its own way.

      Delete
  4. I can only imagine how juicy & compelling the novel will be. Hoping we find out sooner rather than later.

    I am pleased to see the return of Our Mozzer. But I'm not too sure what to make of his comment. I do hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all is well with you, Ears - it's been a while since we've seen you. As I said on the previous entry, I'm also not sure what to make of OM's comment. But he has always loved to keep us guessing.

      Delete
    2. Broken appeared in The Arms today and suggested that MW may be returning. Resurrection time? Let us pray.

      Delete
    3. The return of MW is a truly delightful prospect.

      Hi Heather, how long until you go to see Moz? Can't be too long now.



      Delete
    4. First concert is June 30th - front row. Needless to say, I'm excited beyond belief.

      Delete
  5. I was hoping we would see some action once Moz's tour began in the US, but if he has been writing a novel I can see why his interaction with BRS , FTM and MW had all but vanished. I too remember how it was when the chat room was open and how hard it was to get on it. I also remember how active MW was when I stumbled upon it May, 2011. At that time too, it was the beginning of his tour. It was so much fun to interact with so many on MW and then FTM. I also want to thank you Mr Ratty for keeping your blog going. It is often the only thing we have to keep the BRS going. I also hope OM was not hinting at ill health in his post, but he appears healthy in the recent tour videos. Maybe he is just having trouble getting use to the time he now must have now that his novel is finished. As for where I live, it is in Wisconsin, USA, and as I wrote last post, we had our summer, for 2 days, now we are in the monsoon season, at least for this next week. It is way cooler now also, but at least I do not have to water the garden. One interesting area we do have near my home is a place called 'Toadaly Natural Gardens' a place where one is able to garden in the nude--I also heard that they have nude bowling. Just something you might want to think about if ever visiting in the area. Hope all have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what.. nude bowling in the USA.. really

      Delete
  6. On a serious note, I hope there was no hidden message with the falling apart bit also, but casting my mind back to the chatroom that was the first time we had any mention of an illness, he just came out with it, I know Sabine was in there and I remember being stunned as he said it was quite a serious illness, nothing was said about the illness that I can remember for sure, but I thought the stomach was mentioned, maybe my old grey cells are playing up after all I am six months older that Manchesters' greatest singer, wonder if anyone else can recall that day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Nice of Life of Brian reference...

    ReplyDelete