Total Pageviews

Monday, 20 July 2015

Day 1405 - Slamming on the Lid

Following Our Mozzer's return on Friday evening - with the promise of a new parody - and Morrissey's acceptance of Jaz's blue rose on Saturday night, the members of the BRS have been on an absolute high, but now it is time to come back down to earth. The following message has been left scrawled on the toilet walls in The Twitterdilly Arms:

"All that Bieber nonsense is becoming highly irritating. I find it disrespectful. You are being manipulated by the writers of MW who think it's very funny to see you all acting like headless puppets. Just for a new 'parody'? Are you really that desperate? Those parodies are as interesting as the people who write them.

On stage, Morrissey occasionally accepts letters, presents, records, white roses, red roses, blue roses. Morrissey does not support blue roses more than he supports letter writers, record makers or any particular colour of flower."

I won't state who wrote the above words - those who read this blog of mine regularly will know. It would appear that the lid of our BRS tin of enthusiasm has been firmly slammed back on - which is only right. It is VERY important that the BRS isn't seen as a group of Morrissey fans who are regarded as 'special' - can you imagine the resentment? Morrissey would never want his fans to feel alienated, so it is time for a quiet step back - OR, is the above statement actually saying that Morrissey will now accept MORE blue roses, as they are no different to him accepting other gifts? Genius.



So, will we get the promised parody, or were we indeed being played with? I guess we will just have to wait and see. FTM will now disappear, and will only return if one of the following occurs:

A) A new MW parody appears
B) Morrissey accepts a FIFTH blue rose
C) Morrissey wears a Bieber t-shirt
D) There is no D

I shall sign off by publishing Jaz's concert review of The Depot concert (as found on her blogsite, Lie Down in the Weeds) and Vulgar Angie's videos:


"Last night, was by definition perfection. Camping out the night before was swell except for the 5AM chilly wake up call and an unexpected shower from nearby sprinklers. We passed the time chatting and listening to Selena. We took breaks inbetween the hours for rest and refreshments.
Around 6 pm, Angie and I were numbers 4 &5 in queue, we pinned our blue rose boutonnieres to ourselves and waited around with our long stemmed roses. Security warned us that we couldn't take all the roses and offered to put them on the bus for us so we wrote our names on two of them and handed them over. Keeping the other two but discarding the cellophane wrapping. I like a little foliage on my roses so I ran my thumbnail over the baby thorns to remove them and made sure there were absolutely no sharp points.
Around 6:45 the queue was around The corner and I felt eyes on our roses, I also saw a few guys with white roses. Doors opened and we rushed through the pat down, the wrist stamp, and clambered up the stairs not stopping til we had our hands firmly on the rail, which we did. We stood between Boz and Moz and waited for the film clips to begin. My favorites were the flamenco dancer, Charles Aznavour, and lypsinka which I love to recite word for word "Me, Me, Me and if you don't like it you can just clear out now!"

Then the lights went low and Klaus Niomi's Wayward Sister annouced Morrisseys' arrival to the the stage. The crowd roared and Moz declared "Once a Panther always a Panther" then began with Suedehead. Our roses held high as Alma matters began and Morrissey walked over to Angie and I, we reached out and I felt him grab my hand for what felt like the longest 5 seconds of my measly little life. He took my rose, my hand and my heart. *sigh* The rose made it to his back pocket along with a bunch of yellow flowers that he took afterwards. 

There were many "O" signs throughout. It amuses me that Angies picture now graces the SLC thread on Solow. During Now my heart is full I placed my hand into the left side of my blouse. (Do you guys remember that sign?) Then, during I will see you in far off places, at the line "messing around and pulling faces" I made the double 'OO' around myeyes, which I'm sure he saw. 
Meat is murder is always very moving and the only time I took my eyes off of Morrissey. I'm meatless already but I'm thinking of giving up dairy, the process of which is just horrifying, There is no excuse. That was followed by EDILS and TQID for encore. The shirt (which had blue stripes) rip was immaculate and I felt that he tossed it right in our direction and we grabbed with our hands and held on with all our being. After a short scuffle the shirt was divided up and Angie got a sleeve, I got a bit of collar and shoulder. My poor boutonniere was lost though I had planned on saving the little darling but c'est la vie.

Afterwards, the camping gang met up to have elated conversations and exchange pictures, Angie and I received many congratulations on our having delivered a blue rose. I asked if perhaps they could see we weren't crazy and there really was something about blue roses that was special. I eagerly asked the fan I talked to the night before about what she thought and she said she saw the signs. I only wish now that she or anyone else I talked to would try to comment and participate if they are willing. Most of them have tickets for San Diego, unfortunately, I do not. It is my wish that the regular irregulars will finally wake up and not be so begruding of what they don't care to understand.Now, I feel as though I could ascend into the clouds with wings of happiness."














The BRS tumblr has been updated to include the new photos of Moz with the blue rose.... but please remember, Morrissey does not support blue roses more than he supports letter writers, record makers or any particular colour of flower..... that doesn't of course mean that Morrissey doesn't like blue roses, in fact the evidence would suggest that he loves them.












Embedded image permalink

So for now, it is goodbye from me. As to whether this is farewell, only time will tell.

24 comments:

  1. I have always considered myself to be blessed to be part of this.But I would hate to think BRS members were viewed as special or singled out. Arrogance is a deeply unattractive trait.

    Thanks to Jaz for her enjoyable account of the concert & sharing the joy of passing the blue rose to Morrissey, I wonder what he did with it after the show. I am also curious to know what became of the blue rose ring.
    I hope it won't be too long before we see you here again Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review from Jaz, I can only imagine the elation she must feel. The statement from the toilets that Morrissey doesn't support blue roses more than any other flowers certainly seems to correlate with the fact that he accepted other flowers in SLC in addition to Jaz's rose. As it's already been pointed out, the timing of the blue rose acceptance right after OM's return is quite remarkable, especially considering other similarly coincidental timings of such happenings in the past. Hoping that FTM has reason to return very sOOn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful review of a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was very interesting about the whole Selena thing is that people would pass by in cars asking who we were waiting for and I'd yell back Selena I had my head down when I said it
    Saturday Boz was wearing a Selena shirt.
    I wonder if he was in one of the cars that passed by asking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Anyone seen Romina's 'usband's tablet around? Or did it eventually just get dropped in the ocean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. In no way did I mean to imply that Morrissey would give special treatment to people with blue roses. He took other flowers and shook other hands from either side of the stage. I do not subscribe to the idea that we are to be held apart, ostracized by the solow community, yes, but still a part of the Morrissey fandom community as a whole.
    Rat, do you remember when you were in New York and you handed over your rose and were let in the back door? I was so jealous and wished something like that would happen to me. Well It didn't, It hasn't, and it probably never will. That's fine with me I'm nothing special, but I try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I never believed I was special in anyone's eyes, ever, especially not Morrissey's. Nothing has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Headless puppets. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been busy (up a ladder) so it's great to be able to come here and catch up with all the news. Thanks for the tweets/pics leading up to the SLC concert, to Jaz for her concert review, Angie for her videos and to Rats for bringing this all together in his bloggety blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came to the conclusion that I have had the lid slammed down on my head so many, many effing times, this is the reason for my severe brain damage! Well now I know. Putting an ice pack on the latest bump as I type with one finger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jaz for the review and sharing with us the excitement of that night. I love reading about how others are enjoying the concerts. I imagine you are feeling pretty high getting a blue rose to Moz. Now it's just wait and see about getting a new parody and more reviews from the fans who are going to the upcoming concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to Ratty and whoever took the videos and pictures in this post. I was getting a bit tired of all those JB pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JB's legs are possibly a little short. This can be overlooked. As I am sure there is nothing else short about him.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome lol
      I tools the videos and pictures

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the great review of your night Jaz. It was most enjoyable to read. You must be elated that Moz took your rose. (Even if it doesn't make BRS special.) I know would have been overjoyed if he had taken mine, but I am happy enough that he took one from anyone of us. And thanks to Angie for the videos. I always appreciate when those of us involved in this group of ours or whatever it is, take the time to share their stories, photos, videos and comments. I guess now we just wait patiently to see what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rules for parody:

    Four popular parody characters will be selected to take part in the forthcoming parody piece by Our Mozzer, Russell, Mikey and Broken.

    To this end, ten popular parody or real characters will be listed here and MWers must rank their top 5 choices in order from 1 to 5.

    Points will be allocated by OM according to ranking and the top 4 characters chosen by MWers will be included in the parody, possibly with a guest character or two.

    The options should be advertised in a FTM piece to be posted for at least 5 days, interspersed with cute JB pics.

    The options are:

    1 Our Mozzer
    2 Mikey Bracewell
    3 Jonathan Ross
    4 TRB
    5 Broken
    6 Russell Brand
    7 Boz Boorer
    8 Mikey V Farrell
    9 The Tour Cat
    10 HeatherCat
    11 Alan Bennett
    12 Linda Sterling
    13 Jermaine Jenas and Rio Ferdinand (one character)
    14 Boy George
    15 Damon the Hairdresser
    16 The Swiss Taxi Driver
    17 Mam
    18 Jjazmine
    19 Astrae
    20 Jesse Tobias
    21 The Walker Brother, Bruce 'n' Rick

    Lots of love,

    'R'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tenty, not ten. Please post corrected post as an article.

    'R'

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry, people must rank their top 10, not top5 - as per OM.

    Please rank them on a new post, not here.

    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive