Total Pageviews

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Day 1442 - List of the Lost and another blue rose

On Day 1405 of FTM I promised that I would cease from blogging until one of the following happened:

A) A new MW parody appeared
B) Morrissey accepted a FIFTH blue rose
C) Morrissey wore a Bieber t-shirt
D) There was no D

I would like to say that a new parody has been posted (or the promised Broken/OM essay), but unfortunately that is not the case..... however, on Friday night at the San Diego Observatory, Morrissey picked up the blue rose that BRS member, Jaz, threw at his feet - an accepted FIFTH blue rose.... actually, there have been more than five accepted, as I previously forgot to include Vulgar Angie's bunch of blue roses that Moz accepted in LA, or indeed my flashing plastic one that Donnie Knutson passed on to Moz for me in New York.

A photo of Jaz's blue rose has also been added to the BlueRoseSociety tumblr, as has a picture of Marianne's (@Sadglamour) rose outside The Observatory. Welcome Marianne to the BRS.


JAZ'S BLUE ROSE (PHOTO BY @AGENTBAZ)


JAZ'S BLUE ROSE SEEN DURING KISS ME A LOT (VIDEO ALSO BY AGENT BAZ)



MARIANNE'S BLUE ROSE (KINDLY DONATED BY JAZ)

In other news, Morrissey's debut novel, entitled List of the Lost, is to be released in September. *Hangs out bunting, waves blue roses, sounds trumpets* Who needs a new album when you have a book to look forward to? Surely there will be tell-tell signs to link the writing style to that of the short story, Brazil, which was published on MorrisseysWorld, and can be found on the BRS tumblr (and also on Day 1286 of FTM). Let the anticipation begin.

In other other news, both Broken and Astra have been seen in The Arms in recent days, Morrissey sang Let the right one slip in in San Diego (for only the second time ever), a new Moz t-shirt (with Moz's head on Sean Connery's body) is being sold at concerts, and most exciting of all, my favourite song from WPINOYB, Oboe Concerto was sound checked last week, which means it's highly awaited live debut MUST be coming soon.




Embedded image permalink

And finally finally, my favourite photo of the week - David Van Day performing this week in an old people's home. David Brent meets Derek:

Embedded image permalink

*Goes off singing* There's a song I can't stand, and, its stuck in my head, there's a song.....

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jaz for having another blue rose accepted and to Marianne for attending her first concert with one in hand. Well done, ladies!

    I'm beyond elated that List of the Lost will be published so soon. My birthday is coming up next month and there couldn't possibly be a more perfect present than that. Thank you, Morrissey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting news! That t-shirt is wonderful. Must have. Congrats you wonderful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the t-shirts that take an existing image and give it the Moz spin, but that James Bond shadow needs a quiff.

      Delete
  3. Great photo with Morrissey & a blue rose. The heartbeat of BRS grows stronger.
    The title of the novel really grabs my attention. I am intrigued & confident we have a treat ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title certainly rolls off the tongue :)~
      Didn't Morrissey say in some interview that his novel was unlike anything he had ever written?

      Delete
  4. Initially, I had taken 5 roses to San Diego but only 4 survived til doors opened I gave one to Marianne and the other two to friends I made in SLC. Mind you these people have never seen the original MorrisseyWorld blog but what they have seen is a blue rose in Moz's back pocket or they thought they were pretty. (Not that I or blue roses are anything special, we're just impossible) In fact there were others in the queue who whispered amongst themselves positively. In fact, I regret not taking more roses. It's possible for the first few rows to be awash with roses, at a small venue, the observatory was decently sized. I stood between Moz and Boz what I call the sweet spot, and Marianne found her way over to Jesse's side so either side was flanked by a rose. Seeing as I had no luck even was encourgaed to "get in there girl and give him your rose" by a complete stranger, my last chance was the encore, so i had my friend who had a clear view of the stage launch the rose my tummy churned when he looked up from his bow i wasn't sure if we hit him or something but seconds after I was the rose lifted and placed by Bruce Lee's image. UK people I know you can do the same if not more. I know Chuck is planning on taking silk roses, which is nice but I think the delicate fresh ones are best. What about anyone else? I wish everyone the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manc, it does not have to cost £30 to buy a blue rose - Jaz sprays or dyes white roses. Alternatively you can buy silk blue roses or flashing plastic ones - there are ways and means.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive