Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Day 1444 - Quando Quando Quando

The very observant GWO (@girlwithout) yesterday spotted that during Morrissey's perfor, er, singy thing of Everyday is like Sunday at the FYF Festival in California on Sunday, he changed the line "every day is silent and grey" to "tell me Quando Quando Quando". It transpires that Moz did the exact same thing on the second night at the San Diego Observatory.

To the outside world, Morrissey singing Quando Quando Quando means nothing whatsoever, and it hasn't even been mentioned by anyone on social media or at the Solow place, but to us MorrisseysWorlders, it is yet ANOTHER, HUGE 'coincidence' for us to add to our extremely long list.
For those who may be reading this and not having a clue what I am going on about, let me explain.

Quando Quando Quando is a song by Englebert Humperdinck, which is infamous in MorrisseysWorld due to it being played a number of times over the past eighteen months in the Twitterdilly Arms, accompanied by a video of the late Royce Reed dancing:



The song, and video of Royce, made it into the Twitterdilly Arms Chart on both Day 860 (reaching number 5) and Day 965 (reaching number 12). The only reason we ever got to know about this wonderful video of Royce dancing to Quando Quando Quando is because of..... ASTRA, who first played it in The Arms in January 2014. When the video (and song) made it into our chart, Astra posted the following half glazed (well it was 4am in the morning!) comment:


Oh my!

My eyes are half glazed now, but they must have been fully glazed when I first saw the chart yesterday afternoon... because I saw Quando Quando Quando... but I did not register the fact AT ALL, that dancing Royce made it all the way to your #5! lol!!

So never you mind - about my Jaynie Baby.

Because BABY, Jaynie can wait!

P.S.

Don't think to yourself for a single blue rose solitary second that I didn't see the entry the other day where you called me a french maid(!). I think you should stop pressing up against my peephole like that, Rat, for a start. Next thing I know if I'm not careful, you'll be asking me to have a go under your sofa!

Now...

*Where did I put my pink feather duster again?*

LOL at Royce dancing around in the middle of your chart!

Just LOL!!!


ROYCE REED

Meanwhile, Jaz has posted a review of her concert experience from that second night in San Diego:

Initially, I had taken 5 roses to San Diego but only 4 survived til doors opened I gave one to Marianne and the other two to friends I made in SLC. Mind you these people have never seen the original MorrisseyWorld blog but what they have seen is a blue rose in Moz's back pocket or they thought they were pretty. (Not that I or blue roses are anything special, we're just impossible) In fact there were others in the queue who whispered amongst themselves positively. In fact, I regret not taking more roses. It's possible for the first few rows to be awash with roses, at a small venue, the observatory was decently sized. I stood between Moz and Boz what I call the sweet spot, and Marianne found her way over to Jesse's side so either side was flanked by a rose. Seeing as I had no luck even was encourgaed to "get in there girl and give him your rose" by a complete stranger, my last chance was the encore, so i had my friend who had a clear view of the stage launch the rose my tummy churned when he looked up from his bow i wasn't sure if we hit him or something but seconds after I was the rose lifted and placed by Bruce Lee's image. UK people I know you can do the same if not more. I know Chuck is planning on taking silk roses, which is nice but I think the delicate fresh ones are best. What about anyone else? I wish everyone the best of luck.



Jaz's encouraging words to the "UK people" are all well and good, but with the exception of myself and EARS, I don't believe that there are any BRS members in the UK - certainly not ones who have actually shown any desire to take a rose. We used to have Marcus the Greek, but unfortunately he turned his back on the BRS after his fall-out with Broken. Maybe if Chuck does take a rose, her UK based splinter group followers, such as Bitchy Bobby Neville, Kerry the Cocktail, GOB and LizzyCat will follow suit - although, actually that won't work, because Chuck is attending the Paris concert, which comes after the UK concerts! Maybe Manclad will come up trumps in Hull? Hmm.

And finally, just as I have finished writing, Jaz has posted on twitter to say that Morrissey has used the words Quando Quando Quando on stage before.... PRE it being played in The Arms by Astra! Oh well, c'est la vie!


MORRISSEY SHOUTING QUANDO QUANDO QUANDO AT THE SHRINE IN 2011 - A CONCERT THAT INCIDENTALLY HAD A ROSE TAKEN TO IT BY FORMER BRS MEMBER KRYSTAL (@Its_Only-Me_K)


TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 19 (Broadcast today at 12.45pm in The Arms)

1. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY/QUANDO QUANDO QUANDO (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkzMehYsuw

2. QUANDO QUANDO QUANDO (FEATURING THE DANCING ROYCE REED) - ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGHyqd_MYWk

3. NOW MY HEART IS FULL (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MExPbHYiv_g#t=23




4. WILL NEVER MARRY (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4FXkNC-vc

5. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4BDj4148I&feature=youtu.be

6. KISS ME A LOT (LIVE ON THE LATE LATE SHOW 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHmizsvM4PY


7. LET THE RIGHT ONE SLIP IN (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZLhlDPYns&feature=youtu.be



8. STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQmNRD5Hc6U

9. THE QUEEN IS DEAD (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4sZ10NFU0&feature=youtu.be

10. ALMA MATTERS (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zn-WkmDpvA&feature=youtu.be

11. SUEDEHEAD (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0d0mZlj8_o&feature=youtu.be

12. GANGLORD (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne3LCjdlLNg&feature=youtu.be




13. WHAT SHE SAID (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG28P0IoEpo&feature=youtu.be

14. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE (LIVE AT FYF FESTIVAL 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23co7t4L1s

15. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO 2015) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4OQhWV6ak

16. OBOE CONCERTO - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_IDcxFRKs

17. MY KIND OF TOWN - FRANK SINATRA (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exohKzA--X0

18. YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO YOUNG (LIVE IN LONDON 1962) - FRANK SINATRA (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiILUT_Px84&feature=youtu.be

19. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tldQtQ8pFM&feature=youtu.be


14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A half decent blob, until the picture of the 'Let the Right One Slip In' condom.

    Definitely relegated to number THREE blob now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just getting better and better. Wonderful that Quando Quando -video. Where can I get a big pink bunny like that? Thank you for the chart. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! You may want to edit the ‘very’ out of the ‘very observant’ comment about me. Whilst I did notice ‘Quando, quando, quando’, I had completely forgotten about the marvellous Royce Reed. Oh well, at least one of my eyez was open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, Monsieur Rat, Ch*ck will happily spread the word, AND roses. As with the possibility to lead people to TWoM now, it's not shameful or embarrassing anymore to be a Blue Roser! I'll keep you updated on how it goes in, er, Paris. Assuming that you'll have unblocked me then. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never has been shameful or embarrassing to take Moz a rose - not for those in the BRS, at least.

      Delete
    2. I feel no shame or embarrassment taking a blue rose for Morrissey, & never will. The sentiments have always positive - to show Moz our love & appreciation. I don't understand why this should bring out negativity from some people.

      I am very much looking forward to attending the concerts, with a rose in my hot little hand.

      Delete
    3. But Mr Rat Sir, leading people to your blog, saying that THAT'S the place where we gather? Impossible! I don't need to elaborate further, because those who understand don't need explanations, and those who haven't understood until now won't be enlightened by me either.

      I'm very pleased with my silk roses that arrived today by the way, they're ridiculously huge and almost one meter long, I could stand in third row and still hand them over!

      Delete
    4. BRS members have no problem gathering here. Glad to hear you feel you want to give Moz a rose - just like he asked us to.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Just ignore Boring Bobby Neville (the Pessoa guy), he has no idea about anything. He is dull dull dull. If he knew anything about music, he would realise that before saying "Quando Quando Quando", Moz says, "tell me", which is how the song goes. Poor Bobby.

      Delete
  8. "List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true." Very intriguing notes from Morrissey in the press release about the novel. This quote immediately reminded me of MW and now I'm literally on the edge of my seat with more anticipation than ever to read the book. (I know the novel was the topic of the previous blog entry but oh well, I felt compelled to comment here...)

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive