Total Pageviews

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Day 1467 - Assassinated

It has now been four years since I stumbled across the MorrisseysWorld blog and twitter account, and subsequently started this blog - FOUR YEARS!!!..... and I was late to the party, as MorrisseysWorld had started four months previously, without me knowing anything about it - even though True To You had given us all a HUGE clue!


MorrisseysWorld has now gone, and because of that, I no longer write this blog on a daily basis like an excited schoolboy, but old habits die hard, and I still find myself coming here occasionally to release my thoughts and observations - today is one such occasion.

Morrissey kicked off the latest leg of his tour on Tuesday night, in Plymouth of all places. Hardly any Youtube clips have emerged, but that may be because Youtube clips are predominately posted by young people, and Plymouth's large university population are still in summer recess.

The set slightly differed from Morrissey's last concert on August 29th in California, with My Dearest Love, Now My Heart is Full, Will Never Marry and I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris replacing Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?, People are the Same Everywhere, Stop Me if You've Heard This One Before, Yes I am Blind and First of the Gang to Die.


PHOTO COURTESY OF LOUDER THAN WAR - NEW BACK DROP PICTURE IS OF A 1970S NEW YORK GANG FEATURED IN THE FILM RUBBLE KINGS (THANKS TO GWO)


THIS PICTURE WAS ALSO USED AS A BACK DROP IN PLYMOUTH (ALSO 70S NEW YORK GANG RELATED - THANKS AGAIN GWO)

The Plymouth venue apparently banned beach balls, although I don't think there was any mention of inflatable roses. No blue roses were taken to the concert as far as I am aware, but then again, why would there have been? Kerry the Cocktail and LizzyCat Moz attended the concert, but both had previously stated that they have no interest in carrying out Our Mozzer's request to wear or take a rose - it's a shame, but each to their own.

Morrissey is reported to have said to the Plymouth audience, "What do you all think of Jeremy Corbyn? He's vegetarian, he is anti-war, and he hates the Royals, as we all do. He's going to be assassinated."
Jeremy Corbyn is the newly elected leader of the Labour party, who in his first week as leader, refused to sing the National Anthem; which caused unbelievable uproar and outrage, but has given many of us hope that here at last, is a man prepared to stand up for his principles rather than do and say what he thinks he should, just to climb the political ladder. Morrissey has today posted on TTY his response to the outrage.
Jeremy Corbyn
As to whether Corbyn does actually get assassinated, we shall have to wait and see, but the British right wing press have certainly wasted no time in assassinating him in print, and there is no doubt that the establishment are scared stiff of Corbyn having such a position of power. The establishment will soon MAKE Corbyn kneel and bow to the Queen, and they will also MAKE him sing along to her tune, but what they can't do is change the way he feels.... there's a song there somewhere! If he can keep his position of power, and can avoid assassination, then maybe, just maybe, he can bring about change.



We now only have one week to wait until Morrissey's debut novel, List of the Lost, is released. The very first mention anywhere that Morrissey was writing a novel, came from the man himself, ON TWITTER, on Saturday November 17th 2012, as reported on FTM. There was no official word of a novel being written until a TTY Q&A session on January 2nd 2014. HOW did the TTY mention fail to bring the masses running to MorrisseysWorld? The answer is, because only the Dreary Deluded Dozen were paying attention.
We still don't know what the novel is about, and Penguin's snippet released today doesn't exactly help.








Embedded image permalink


That will do for today. I now have just a few days to go before I get to see Moz live for the eighth time since MorrisseysWorld started in 2011. I have seen/heard 51 different songs in those four years, as follows:

1. I WANT THE ONE I CAN'T HAVE 2011
2. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART 2011, 2013, 2015
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013
4. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
5. THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT 2011
6. ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2013
7. COME BACK TO CAMDEN 2011
8. I KNOW IT'S OVER 2011, 2012, 2013
9. SCANDINAVIA 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
10. OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013
11. SATELLITE OF LOVE 2011
12. THE KID'S A LOOKER 2011
13. YOU HAVE KILLED ME 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013
14. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2015
15. ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL 2011, 2013, 2013
16. SPEEDWAY 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2015
17. MEAT IS MURDER 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2015
18. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE 2011, 2013
19. HOW SOON IS NOW? 2012, 2013(TOOTHBRUSH), 2013
20. MALADJUSTED 2012, 2013, 2013
21. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME 2012
22. WHEN LAST I SPOKE TO CAROL 2012
23. PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE 2012, 2013
24. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE) 2012, 2013
25. BLACK CLOUD 2012, 2013
26. LET ME KISS YOU 2012, 2013, 2013
27. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES 2012
28. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT 2012, 2013
29. STILL ILL 2012, 2013, 2013
30. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE 2013, 2013
31. ALMA MATTERS 2013, 2013
32. THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED 2013
33. NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER 2013, 2013
34. SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN 2013
35. THE QUEEN IS DEAD 2014, 2015
36. SUEDEHEAD 2014, 2015
37. STAIRCASE AT THE UNIVERSITY 2014, 2015
38. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS 2014, 2015
39. KISS ME A LOT 2014, 2015
40. ISTANBUL 2014, 2015
41. SMILER WITH KNIFE 2014, 2015
42. THE BULLFIGHTER DIES 2014, 2015
43. TROUBLE LOVES ME 2014
44. EARTH IS THE LONELIEST PLANET 2014
45. NEAL CASSADY DROPS DEAD 2014, 2015
46. KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE 2014, 2015
47. I'M NOT A MAN 2014, 2015
48. ASLEEP 2014
49. ONE OF OUR OWN 2015
50. WHAT SHE SAID 2015
51. STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE 2015
(Shows: Aug 8 2011 - London Paladium ("Welcome to my world".... *laughs to self*), July 28 2012 - Manchester Arena, January 8 2013 - Late Show New York, January 9 2013 - Tilles Center Long  Island ('Toothbrush'), January 11 2013 - BAM Brooklyn, November 29 2014 - O2 Arena London and March 14 2015 - Bournmouth IC)

There are a number of songs that have been sung over the past four years that I haven't ever witnessed live, including: Art-hounds, Mountjoy, Oboe Concerto, Now My Heart is Full, My Dearest Love, Will Never Marry, Yes, I Am Blind and I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday. I would love to see ANY ONE of those songs sung live on Sunday, although I won't hold my breath for I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday. If Oboe Concerto is sung, I will be one happy rat.


MORRISSEY IN PLYMOUTH

20 comments:

  1. Dear Mr Rat Sir, I rarely pamper you with praise, but this time it is definitely justified, as you spotted something that escaped us, and that is actually very relevant information. I did a quick research and Monsieur Le Moz indeed requested 'no meat - and NO BEACHBALLS'!

    http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Meat-Morrissey-says-means-murder-menu-Plymouth/story-27803049-detail/story.html

    Let me explain the utter hilarity of this: As bringing inflatables is sort of a tradition, introduced by none other than the blogging resident rodent, a certain very creative DDD member (not just concerning spelling) had played with the thought of picking that up and to bring an inflatable orange ball to London, and it was intended as a surprise, but we might have carelessly let that idea slip somewhere beforehand... in any case, it's good to know in advance that it obviously wouldn't have gone down very well. I guess the thing is much funnier when standing in the audience than when being on stage and trying to concentrate on singing... As much as I would've loved to attend the London show as inflatable spirit, I guess we better bury that plan now. Along with our FollowingTheBozziah blog (all those brilliant but never-written Vinyl Boutique parodies with Lyn and Boz!) and other stupid ideas that we've come up with in the past. Thanks again for digging it out. I do not believe he seriously uttered that request. And putting my wounded pride aside that Le Monsieur prefers to sing without the sight of oranges hopping all over the audience, this proves just once more that he IS amongst us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange, I see from Kerry the Cocktail's concert review on TWoM (http://theworldofmoz.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/boozeys-actual-plymouth-summery.html) that you mentioned that 'somebody' wrote, "I smell assassination tonight" in the MW Chatroom prior to the concert, and yet you didn't mention it above. It's another HUGE 'coincidence'.
      I had no idea that the MW chatroom was still being used - I guess I'm out of the loop these days.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is QUITE a coincidence! But I thought that all Blue Rosers and DDDs read both blogs anyway, so I saw no need to mention it.

      Delete
    3. And it was in my summary as its what I heard. So why would you mention it?

      Beach ball ban in excellent! I'm glad we found out before it was too late.

      Delete
  2. No beach balls from me here in Hull. My blue rose & I eagerly await tomorrow night with gusto. I've not been to the venue yet but from my hotel the location is looking good, situated on the marina.
    Viva Blue Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fantastic time, Ears, and everyone else who'll be attending the upcoming concerts. I dearly hope these won't be the last UK shows, as the TTY statement suggests.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Heather. This news has certainly left me down hearted.

      Astra always brightens my time line. She will be missed very much. Even on my darkest days she makes me smile. Keep that lovely twinkle in your eye dear Astra.

      Delete
  3. Some very interesting recent coincidences. As I commented on the first blog entry, here we are 4 years later, after countless coincidences and several blue roses being accepted, and still just a handful of us believe. That excerpt from the novel is truly tantalizing, I can't wait to dive into it.

    I was most devastated to learn that our dear Astraea has decided to leave us. Farewell, beloved maiden, you will be sorely missed and forever in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at the comments.

      http://theworldofmoz.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/flimsy-interrmission.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. Astra didn't even bother to say farewell to FTM. *Goes off dragging bottom lip along the floor*

      Delete
    3. I like my music very loud, my champagne properly chilled, my men stupidly handsome, and my options, very OPEN.

      Delete
    4. I came back. Rio was SO very lovely, thank you for asking!

      I think that Rio thought that I was very lovely as well. He’s never short of compliments, you see.

      It’s only too bad that you said “You came back!” Rather than, “Your back!”

      Then I could have answered that… You dropped an apostrophe, just for little ol’ ME, in your excitement to see me? Because sometimes an errant apostrophe, is just the right kind of errant indeed.

      Yet other times, errant goes nowhere, and apostrophes won't save any of us at all. In any case, my very lovely back, is very lovely, VERY lovely indeed. Thank you so much for noticing.

      But no,... it couldn’t possibly have been excitement. Because I saw what you wrote about me. You said that you didn’t even care if I go, and that “anytime a pessoa goes, a new one isn’t far behind.” Hrmph. I’ll have to remember that.

      I’m glad that you enjoyed your Sunday in Hammersmith, froglet.

      Now… to kick off my kitten heels. A girl’s trials and tribulations…

      Will forever remain all of our pleasures,

      ASTRA

      Delete
  4. What did Fifi say the other day? I'm considering retiring my slavering career?

    http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/day-1460-beyond-belief-and-other-gothic.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also we aren't suppose to believe everything we read on TTY are we?

      Delete
    2. If Monday night's concert is Morrissey's last one ever in the UK, I will eat my own rat shaped testicles.

      Delete
    3. I'll be careful what I wish for then!!

      Delete

Mozziah Archive