Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Day 1617 - Hairstory Supreme

At 6.30pm (UK time) yesterday evening, the Number 1 Morrissey themed backstreet Internet pub, The Wrong Arms, was treated to a visit by the delectable Mademoiselle Fifi.


Fifi made straight for the jukebox, and selected 6 plays for 50p. Her choices were: Like I've Never Been Gone by Billy Fury, You're The Reason I'm Living by Elvis Presley, The Girl From Ipanema by Dionne Warwick & Sacha Distel, Ces Mots Stupidesi by Sacha Distel & Johanna Shimkus, Le Premier Bonheur Du Jour by Françoise Hardy & Sacha Distel, and finally Il y a Deux Filles en Moi by Sylvie Vartan & Françoise Hardy; to which Mlle Fifi added the comment, "I am two people." I replied, "Just two?", to which Fifi responded, "Oui, but there's a crowd in my head."

I had never heard the Presley song before; which I really like, and had also never heard of Johanna Shimkus; who I now have learned is a former actress married to Sidney Poitier for the past 40 years.

JOHANNA SHIMKUS

I asked Mlle Fifi what she thought to the new pub name, to which she replied, "I couldn't have found a better name myself". And then she was gone.

Fifi's visit was shortly followed by another TTY posting regarding Morrissey's ongoing spat with Supreme that I wrote about in my last blog entry. Here is the latest statement:

Supreme, yet not

As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme.

If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

By running prints of the photograph they have derailed their own negotiations. This is why they are angry.

The photograph is dreadful and will help neither myself nor Supreme. Who needs it? Nobody.

Supreme were warned by my lawyer and accountant that the photograph should NOT be used. Supreme ignored this advice. Hence this mess.

I write these statements because there is no one else to write them. The joy I receive from such statements is non-existent.

thank you,
Morrissey
15 February 2016.


THE SUPREME PHOTO - NEEDED BY NOBODY... ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO ADMIT, I QUITE FANCY THE T-SHIRT

In my last blog entry, I wrote of my confusion over Morrissey's public battle with Supreme, and even wondered if it was all a bit of media fakery. Morrissey's latest TTY statement leaves me in little doubt that Moz and Supreme have genuinely had a major fall out, and I have come up with my own version of possible events - which are, of course, purely speculative:

JULY 2015 - Supreme approach Morrissey and ask if he would be interested in featuring in their Spring/Summer 2016 range of clothing. Morrissey, who doesn't really know anything about Supreme; apart from the fact that Lou Reed previously modelled for them, agrees to feature, and informs Supreme that his fee for a two hour photo shoot plus the use of his image is X, or rather £XX,XXX. Supreme agree to the fee, and send a contract to Morrissey's lawyer. Supreme also contact photographer, Terry Richardson, to arrange for him to photograph Moz. Morrissey contacts his accountants and tells them to invoice Supreme for £XX,XXX, which they do, and Supreme's accounts department promptly make a payment to the accountant.

OCTOBER 2015 - Morrissey attends a photo shoot with Terry Richardson, but Morrissey's longtime aide and coiffeur, Damon Anacreonte is for some reason not in tow.


DAMON 'KEVIN PHILLIPS' ANACREONTE - 'IN TOW' IN QUITO NOV 2015

NOVEMBER 16-20 2015 - Supreme send Morrissey a copy of the photo that they intend to use and ask for his approval. Morrissey is horrified by the photo, which has him with flat hair. He emails Supreme to tell them that he looks dreadful, and that under no circumstances does he want them to use it. Supreme respond by sending Morrissey another image, which he also promptly rejects. Supreme then send over more images and ask Morrissey to choose one. Morrissey rejects them all, and instead sends them an image taken by another photographer, which he is happy for them to use. The photo in question has Morrissey's hair with much more life.

MORRISSEY BY SAM ESTY RAYNER

NOVEMBER 23-26 2015 - Supreme contact Morrissey to say that they cannot use the image that he has sent them, as they have a longtime working relationship with Terry Richardson and want to carry on using him. Supreme offer to do a re-shoot at their expense. Morrissey explains that he is currently on a tour of South America, and so a re-shoot is not possible. Supreme ask for their money back. Morrissey responds by saying that he has sent them a perfectly useable photo to use and he posts it on his T-T-Y website.

NOVEMBER 26-28 2015 - The appearance of Morrissey in a Supreme t-shirt brings outrage from his fans on the internet because of Supreme's recent line of clothing featuring American burger chain, White Castle.

NOVEMBER 29 2015 - Morrissey contacts Supreme and tells them that he has learnt that they are heavily associated with a burger chain, and that he is therefore terminating the agreement forthwith. Supreme again ask for their money back. Morrissey's accountant contacts Supreme and tells them that as Morrissey has given two hours of his time to Supreme, he is entitled to keep part of the fee.

DECEMBER 2105 - EARLY FEBRUARY 2016 - Negotiations continue between Supreme and Morrissey's accountant as to how much money should be returned. Supreme don't accept any proposal put forward, and state that they intend to use one of the Richardson photographs in their campaign. Morrissey's accountant and lawyer warn Supreme that the photo should NOT be used.

FEBRUARY 12 2016 - Supreme ignore all warnings not to use Morrissey's image, and start displaying posters of the Morrissey photo in cities all over the world.



FEBRUARY 13 2016 - Morrissey issues a statement on his T-T-Y website apologizing for his enfeebled photograph and stating that Supreme were warned not to use it. Supreme respond by posting a statement on their Facebook page suggesting that they had no other viable options other than to publish the images.

FEBRUARY 15 2016 - Morrissey issues a further statement on T-T-Y stating that if Supreme had NOT printed the photograph, then they could have reclaimed the money, but by running the prints, they had derailed their own negotiations.

So, there we have it. A poor hair day ended up leading to a supreme fall-out.

Our Mozzer has also made a number of appearances in The Arms over the past few days. Here are his offerings:

Sunday Feb 14
11.42pm: "In the writer swells uncountable worlds"

Monday Feb 15
10.53pm: "Disassociate"

11.35pm: In response to a photo tweet (originally posted by @sophwilkinson) that I retweeted, depicting a billboard in East London where 'Moz Supreme' posters had been ripped down: "You can always count on Brand for something".


AN EAST LONDON BILLBOARD - BEFORE AND....


... AFTER

11.38pm: "Kanye West is the greatest living troll. Although he appears to not know it."

Tuesday Feb 16
10.24am: "Handsome and retweetable"

3.30pm: In response to @heathercat222 asking if handsome and retweetable are the only things to be in 2016: "Am I repeating myself ? Am I such a bore? I don't realise I had turned into @piersmorgan"

8.16pm: "Lady Gaga turns Bowie into a caricature" (Ed - this was in response to Gaga dressing as Bowie and performing his songs at yesterday's Grammys)



8.18pm: "@BoyGeorge would you be open to a duet? Dancing in the street? I'll be Jagger and you can be Matha (sic)"


THE WRONG ARMS CHART - NOT BROADCAST

1. SHAME IS THE NAME - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZoORfD_1Vw

2. I AM TWO PEOPLE - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFlc9q6AHX4

3. IL Y A DEUX FILLES EN MOI - SYLVIE VARTAN & FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGtj3SHIikQ

4. YOU'RE THE REASON I'M LIVING - ELVIS PRESLEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYnR56hWKw

5. THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA - DIONNE WARWICK & SACHA DISTEL (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRIxByKzIJE

6. LIKE I'VE NEVER BEEN GONE - BILLY FURY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8-cQ6lEaY

7. LE PREMIER BONHEUR DU JOUR - FRANÇOISE HARDY & SACHA DISTEL (NEW ENTRY):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4JnfDg8Nrs

8. CES MOTS STUPIDESI - SACHA DISTEL & JOHANNA SHIMKUS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-ERyTWKx8



9. SPEEDWAY (LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD 2013) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioefcU8Pk7g&feature=youtu.be

10. THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED (LIVE ON LATER WITH JOOLS HOLLAND 2006) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR5txeafe54&feature=youtu.be

11. I'D LOVE TO - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDttFUX1oU



12. KISS ME A LOT - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxcPv85f2jk

13. TERRY - KIRSTY MACCOLL (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivL4QdtiuM



14. ADORE (LIVE IN PARIS 2015) - SAVAGES (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRtMHvi93s

15. LADY GRINNING SOUL (LIVE IN BRUSSELS 2014) - ANNA CALVI (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLE4YkUAFR8

16. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? (LIVE ON VH1 1984) - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlmPRo5_Jg

17. ALMA MATTERS (LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD 2013) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWcitbV5bg




18. LOSING SLEEP (LIVE ON THE HARALD SCHMIDT SHOW 2011) - EDWYN COLLINS FEATURING BOZ BOORER (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni5DJEuuwr0

19. SUPREME - ROBBIE WILLIAMS (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULTtWUZhD9c



20. SK8TER BOI - AVRIL LAVIGNE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIy3n2b7V9k

21 comments:

  1. Forget the telly. The best drama is found on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in the spin-off blob, too, apparently.

      Delete
    2. The internet is a stage, but the play is badly cast. Unfortunately, when the plot takes confusing twists and turns, a perplexed feline such as myself can lose the plot altogether - lesson learned. A pleasure to see Fifi in the Arms playing so many lovely tunes.

      Delete
    3. Good morning. Yes, drama, and someone is metaphorically yelling into my face that they desperately need a reaction, so here it comes. I really don't mind when people decide that they'd prefer to leave TWoM, even if it is a full ragequit that includes deleting all of their articles. Of course it is kind of annoying when the coverage of concerts and of many signs and coincidences are destroyed for everyone else who has nothing to do with their drama, but we're all irrational when we're offended, let's not make a fuss about it. However, they obviously weren't quite offended enough to delete all of their accounts from the blog, which is even more irrational, but alright, no need to escalate. But to use that remaining account 24 hours later to delete me from a blog that they had claimed to have already left is not just irrational, but very close to brain dead. I hadn't even commented much on their issues with Supreme-gate, and all I had to say about their departure can be read in one short comment on Marianne's blog, otherwise there has been no talk at all, but maybe the lack of a more dramatic reaction was too infuriating. It's uncertain if they even know themselves what's the point in destroying something for everyone else, just because they don't like it anymore. I see no way to comment further on this situation in a half-decent manner, because although I'm hopping around in a Fruit costume, there's still an adult hiding behind this peel, and I'm not in the mood to get dragged into a drama that I actually have nothing to do with. I do hope though that eventually, certain people can be bothered to get their f***ing egos under control, remember that they own a brain, additionally find the switch to turn it on, and add me as admin contributor again. On the blog that I had created, and that they had actually wished to be no longer associated with.

      Leaving all that crap aside now, I enjoyed your blog Rats, although I think you got it completely wrong! But your scenario is undoubtedly as charming as Mozzer's hair on Sam's photo.

      Delete
    4. Orange, I get many things wrong, but I have an inquisitive brain, and will never stop asking questions... unless of course I get Alzheimers, in which case I WILL stop questioning and start dribbling.
      Your two friends, Boozey Kerry and MerryAnne have completely overreacted to me airing my thoughts, and for some reason have taken it out on you. To delete all their content from TWOM is childish, to lock you out of the blog YOU created is despicable.
      It was Morrissey himself who encouraged us all to ask questions of everything we read; INCLUDING TTY statements - it was the untruths about MW on TTY that have led to us all being here discussing this! I questioned the first TTY statement about Supreme; wondering if it was a publicity stunt, but the second TTY statement cleared it up, as written about in this latest blog entry of mine. 'Public Morrissey' is showing his hurt, but 'Private Morrissey' (no, this isn't a Dad's Army character) is playing songs in our comfy internet pub, where he feels at home. What Boozey & Merry have clearly failed to learn from the whole MW journey, is that Morrissey is not just one person.
      Many people have come and gone in the past 5 years, and it is up to Boozey & Merry if they choose to stay in Morrissey's (not ours!) Blue Rose Society....but with or without them, the journey continues.

      Delete
    5. I thought it was me who upset them...

      Delete
    6. It all goes to pot once I started getting into it. Trouble loves me.

      Delete
    7. What is funny is that although the Mechanical Mandarin and commissar herpes are no longer actively associated with the blob (ie, we're locked out), what remains is mostly our posts, including my scandalous ones. We have at once been excluded and exulted to prominence, so that to the casual observer it looks like our blob.

      Delete
    8. Oh yes, and like Rats, I do get many things wrong and went to great pains in my posts to disown my own work as being anything definitive and often gave links that debunked what I was suggesting. Flimsy was the catch-phrase, I think.

      I remember somewhere along the line Our Mozzer saying that he'd been a parody of himself since 1994. I took the approach of parodying myself, too, earnestly looking for clues that reference things that I made obvious that I don't personally accept. None of it was meant to be terribly serious, in the parody vain of the original MW.

      Delete
    9. As they were offended by my post, as administrators, they should have deleted it or edited it. Not deleted their own posts.

      Delete
    10. What is interesting is that none of the pessoas have blocked me. Yet. And it has happened before, when I out irrationally out of line.

      Delete
    11. Dearest comrade herpes, never stop asking questions, never apologise, don't worry what others think of you.

      You are loved... obviously not by me, you receding Aussie twat, but by someone, somewhere... probably.

      Rat x

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. Ok. I had originally planned to hide and say nothing and delete my twitter (I still might), because that's what I do. Hide, cry, say nothing. I felt miserable before this and now I feel so miserable I didn't even go to work tonight.
      I’ve already put something up on my personal blog (http://mtearfullyyours.blogspot.ca/2016/02/regarding-my-morrissey-blog.html) but I will add some very important points I must get off my chest:

      As Kerry said in her comment on my personal blog, she and I removed our content from TWoM because we didn't like the direction it was going in. Yes, Comrade, you’re quite right, I didn’t feel comfortable with your posts and that was the issue for me, escalating with this Supreme article, which reflected Rat’s sentiments that I already explained upset me, especially after what Moz said on TTY. We then removed ourselves from the blog, thereby revoking association. I feel horrible that Orange is so upset, but as both Kerry and I have said, we had deleted ourselves, and neither of us would have intentionally removed her.

      In my opinion, withdrawing your work from a site that no longer reflects your opinions is in no way childish at all; in fact, quite the opposite. Kerry and I have become very close and see eye-to-eye on what we’d like; it is rather difficult to achieve this with numerous multiple contributors. We wanted to go in a different direction, and felt this decision was for the best.

      I can’t begin to know what “private” or “public” Moz think, as you so call him, but I do know I only wrote all that I did in my articles and reviews to show him respect and admiration because I care for him very deeply. When I saw the post on TTY, both Kerry and I were upset that he appeared upset. That’s all. To me this is in no way a game anymore and I feel heartbroken. I don’t want to argue with anyone, and I’ll probably feel weird even having typed this up, as I didn’t want to say anything, but I’m really struggling here. I don't want to be inflammatory. I hate all this drama. I've had enough upset to deal with in my personal life and I don't want to deal with upset online too.

      Delete
    14. All you had to do was explain what you were doing and why, before doing it and leaving us in the dark to observe and speculate from ignorance.

      Delete
    15. Dear Marianne, I am to no extent upset, I think it was a great idea from you both to leave TWoM and start a new blog, because it was obvious that you weren't comfortable with how things were, and that is something that I can easily accept, and nothing that you'd even have to explain.

      As for the mystery about who removed me, I'm only addressing it because you did: A blog has two admins. One of them gets deleted. I might just be a stupid fruit, but even I can solve that riddle. What the FTP account did in detail - they removed me, then set Chuck as admin (which I didn't know, as I don't use that account very often, I discovered it more or less accidentally), and set themselves as author. So Kerry didn't lie when she said that her status is author and therefore she can't re-add me, she just "forgot" to inform me that she had made Chuck admin instead (which was necessary, as a blog requires at least one account set to admin). And she also "forgot" to admit that she deleted Orange's account. Presumably it was done in a huff, and I have no problem with forgiving and forgetting whatever someone does in the heat of the moment, but I don't appreciate being lied at. However, the truth is so bleeding obvious that I'm not even offended.

      I'm sorry that you feel distress, but I'm not sure where this distress is coming from. Nobody had attacked any of you for leaving TWoM, a bit of drama was triggered when my account got deleted, which is nothing that came from any of us, but from one of you, but that's basically it.

      I have no bad feelings because you've decided to start your own thing, even though it probably means that TWoM will slowly die, with two major contributors having left. But I'm not married with TWoM and I can easily let it go. I'm sure that both of you will put much work and love into the new blog, and I'm looking forward to its launch. As I've previously stated - I hope you feel better soon. There's no need to feel bad.

      Delete
    16. Who would have ever thought that Chucky Orange would be the most level headed in an argument? Anyway, I am now bored of reading about the petty fallout of the TWOM mods & contributors, so can you all please only post here if you have something constructive to say regarding Morrissey, MorrisseysWorld, the BRS or my brilliant blog entries.
      Thank you

      Delete
    17. Well, thank you Rat... I guess. It hurts me that you're so surprised! Believe it or not, I've learned a lot in recent years. As for your mesmerising blog entries, I'll keep my praise for a later comment, because I have not enough time now to adequately describe their brilliance with the eloquence they'd deserve. It's not easy, being a French Fruit.

      Delete
  2. Right report of all the fact about the Supremegate Ratty dear! It's always a question of hair...beautiful chart, I'm happy to see The youngest once again. Days ago I was listening to KMAL and I thought about Catullo, latin poet, he wrote something like:"Da mi basia mille et nunc mille alia..." Pratically kiss me a lot! Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confused at the moment but will post any ways. First, Hello Fifi, glad to see you back and with your knack for choosing great music. Now if Astaea would pop in for a visit. Second, Moz should just stick with his nephew for his photos-I am sure he'd give you a family discount. And lastly, Mr Raty, thanks for another great countdown, especially for discovering the new Elvis song--with Fifi's help. Hope all of you who follow this blog have a good week and weekend. We, where I live are supposed to have a record breaking heat here which should melt all the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. F*** me I go away for a day or two and miss it all, good job this blog is here whiskers.. there said it now.. no going back

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive