Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Day 1672 - June June June

Since the publishing of the TTY article on Saturday; which featured two old pictures of Morrissey on what looked distinctly like an HMV record cover, debate has raged among the BRS... actually 'raged' may be slightly over the top... and I guess it has hardly been a debate as such... hmm... let me try again. Since the publishing of the TTY article blah blah blah, conversations have taken place between members of the BRS; namely GWO, Chucky Orange and me, regarding the meaning of the wording on the two photos:

The words on the first photo, "the thoughts of jack the ripper" are fairly straight forward, as it is a reference to the very first song that Morrissey and Boz wrote together, Jack the Ripper.... I wonder if The Thoughts of Jack the Ripper was the original working title? It was certainly how Morrissey introduced the song at the two concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in 2002 (I attended the second night, and was sat behind David Baddiel).

The words from Speedway are also fairly straight forward, but what has had us puzzled, are the words, "as we return to wherever we feel certain we'll end up". Is it a new lyric? Is it an old Moz quote? A Google search has returned nothing, and so we thought we had reached a dead end, but at 12.21 this morning, the Twitter user FatAuntMabel tweeted, "When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."

It's not exactly the same quote as the one on TTY, but it could well be an inspiration for it. And here is the interesting bit, a Google search has revealed that Mabel's words are a quote from the Julia Glass novel of 2002, Three Junes. Could it be that Morrissey is telling us that the release of the single is, as Alfs Button used to say, "June, June, June"? Probably not, especially as the quote from Three Junes is NOT the quote on TTY, but you never know. I had actually presumed that the JTR single would be released this Saturday for Record Store Day, but who knows?


I have no idea who FatAuntMabel is, but would guess that it is either one of the BRS members, a Morrissey pessoa, or maybe Kevin Mar(r)inane.... although I can't imagine Marrinan has read Three Junes! The Mabel account has been in existence since January 2014, but the Three Junes quote is its very first tweet. Mabel's profile picture is that of the actor Anthony Franciosa from the film Senilita, which Morrissey used in 2011.


FAT AUNT FRANCIOSA

In other news, I have this week exchanged tweets with Radio 2's Jeremy Vine, after he gave an interview to pint-sized Moz fan and author, Julie Pigsick. In the interview, Vine stated that his first and only Smiths concert was in Newcastle in the winter of 1983, with Vine telling Julie, "I remember it vividly because the very first song - 'What Difference Does It Make?'". I tweeted to Vine because the Smiths only concert in Newcastle in the winter of '83/'84, was in March, where they opened with Hand in Glove. I suggested to Jezza that perhaps he had dreamt the concert, and told him that it was more than likely that he had in fact attended the March concert, but he replied, "they definitely started with 'What  difference does it make?'" - the passing of time can play hideous tricks on the brain.

image
JEREMY VINE & JULIE HAMILL - PHOTO BY JEREMY VINE (PRESUMABLY TAKEN ON JULIE'S CAMERA PHONE... HE HAS LONGER ARMS!)

And finally, it has been announced that the beautiful Jessica Brown Findlay (of Downton Abbey fame) is to play the part of Linder Sterling in the upcoming film, Steven. A perfect choice. I still don't know HOW the writer, William Thacker can possibly KNOW the thoughts of a delinquent Morrissey, so am still sceptical about the film, but am looking forward to it none the less.



LINDER BROWN FINDLAY STERLING

And finally, finally, yesterday a found a photo on Twitter of a cloud that looked like Morrissey, so I tweeted it. This afternoon, TTY has posted the picture. Hmm.



12 comments:

  1. So, the 'three Junes' strike again and the LOTL audiobook, which may or may not be a 'new Morrissey recording', is due out in June. Is there a connection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a re-release of Jack. What has puzzled me for a long time is why Morrissey doesn't sing the last verse anymore. It's always been amongst my absolute favourite Top 5 lines, I can relate to them on levels I'd prefer not to describe, although maybe I should, because what I just wrote sounds like I'm some sort of sleeping serial killer, which I'm totally not as I have the aggression potential of a bunny. But I digress. Fat Auntie Mabel had caught my interest long ago, and if you've watched their follow/unfollow behaviour occasionally, it proved that the account has never really been dead, although it could have seemed like it because they never tweeted before. Funny that they started now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heaven, I'm in heaven.. sorry city win and all that, I was peeking in on twit whilst you were talking about June.. who knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you and your team! Cheers. June? It's a four letters month...we'll see...I'm confident. Have a nice day you all, ciao.

      Delete
    2. I still can't believe you donated $100. And I want to thank you in some way and because you won't let me take you shopping I can only hope and wish your team does well.

      Delete
    3. thx Romina you are always kind and dear Marcus, wishing my team well at a time when your team has slumped so low only speaks volumes about you as a person, of course people may say words are nothing, but as I have said before, I can imagine that it is great fun working for you, don't let anyone change you

      Delete
  4. I'm tickled that someone was able to take a pic of the Morrissey cloud,another case of nature Photo shopping itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he's back home June lets hope so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect Moz to either move to Switzerland or LA for good once his mother calls it a day on this earth.. of course I'm hoping that there are still many years ahead for her and indeed just like my mother, you can recover to lead a normal life for many years after a scare. I must add that it is only my feeling that he will depart blighty for good when the time comes and who could blame him, this place is as corrupt as hell, we just don't realise it

      Delete
    2. Yes Manc, let it be many, many years ahead.

      Delete
    3. Yes Manc, let it be many, many years ahead.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive