Total Pageviews

Monday, 18 April 2016

Day 1678 - It just wasn't like the esoteric days anymore

Not much is kept quiet in this modern day of social media, and so when Morrissey arrived in LA on Thursday, the whole Morrissey community soon got to know about it.


MORRISSEY BEING CHAPERONED THROUGH LAX BY THE 2008 X FACTOR WINNER, ALEXANDRA BURKE, WHO IS NOW EMPLOYED BY THE AIRPORT... AT LEAST SHE HAS EMPLOYMENT, MANY OF THEM DON'T!

I have no idea what time Morrissey was travelling across the world, but the perceived Moz pessoa, Not Astra's Derrière (@SoStarkSoHaunt - aka Not Bot) was busy tweeting on both Thursday evening in the UK, and then late Thursday night in LA, so it is quite plausible that Morrissey left the UK (if he was even in the UK) either late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
Many of Not Bot's tweets were in conversation with a new tweeter called @angelofdisdain, who is quite possibly yet another pessoa. Angel of D arrived over a week ago, and was greeted by Not Bot tweeting, "About time we had a little more va-va-va-VOOM around here. Hello, Rose. Your décolletage is just the right colour of OUI".

As I type this, Angel of Disdain (Rose???) has disappeared, so I am unable to report the full conversations between her and Not Bot, but here are some of Not Bot's tweets from recent days:

THURSDAY 10.15 TO 10.20PM (UK TIME)

"A little bit of anything is the fastest road to everything"

"@angelofdisdain Even in our final hour we always be, the two derrières without compare"

"Staggering skyrocketing head titled back will you ever catch me? The moon searched, but I was always here"

"Capricious in shadows, apricot nectar, time sighs, purity in every glance"

(Could mention of "in our final hour" and "skyrocketing head titled back" be references to flying?)


MORRISSEY TRAVELLING BA CATTLE CLASS

THURSDAY 11.10PM (LA TIME)

"I can resist everything except temptation. I can tempt anything except those who stick to their own resistance. Tempt me now. Tempt me something. Resist me, why? Tempt me never"

"Slinking in. Slinking out"

"Cat's eyes on me Existing nowhere. Backlit. Arching. Your ELIXER"

Of course, Not Astra's Derrière might not be a pessoa of Morrissey's at all - who knows? But one pessoa that is Morrissey, is @BRSChairman aka Our Mozzer, who made a return to The Wrong Arms  at 7.17am (LA time) yesterday. Here are the tweets:

"I belong to a generation you only belong to in spirit"
I replied, "In spirit? You haven't died, have you?'. OM responded a couple of hours later tweeting, "Several years ago. Were you not paying attention? I just cannot acquire the staff these days". Frank (@EnoughSari) then joined in to say, "I volunteer. No salary needed", to which Our Mozzer replied, "No salary was offered. I am not a charity".

MORRISSEY - WHO DIED IN 1986 - "NOT A CHARITY"

OM's only other tweet of yesterday was, "My lyrics used to be esoteric. Now they are universal. What changed? Life amigos. Just life."


MORRISSEY IN THE DAYS WHEN HIS LYRICS WERE ESOTERIC... BUT HAS THE WORLD CHANGED, OR HAS HE CHANGED?

In other news, I have only just discovered that an Official UK Vinyl Singles Chart started in April of last year. I cannot believe that I had missed this 'happening', and I am now debating with myself as to whether to continue my collection of Number 1 singles by buying the Number 1 vinyl single each week as opposed to the plain old Number 1 single; which these days doesn't exist in physical form, and therefore CANNOT be collected.

The past year has seen Number 1s achieved in the Official Vinyl Singles Chart by the likes of: Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller and Robert Smith with new releases, whilst David Bowie, Queen, Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones have all hit the top spot with re-issues. Johnny Marr has had two Number 3s, with I Feel You (released for Record Store Day (RSD) 2015) and Candidate, but the closest either Morrissey or Marr have come to scoring their first 'Official' UK Number 1, is with Jeff Buckley's version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, which currently sits at Number 2; although it is very unlikely to reach Number 1 as it was RSD 2016 last Saturday, so I would imagine that Bowie's reissue of TVC15 will enter at Number 1 on Friday. Perhaps the re-release of Jack The Ripper will see Morrissey record his first ever Number 1, we shall have to wait and see.





And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, it would appear that the shooting of the film Steven is underway, as the screenplay writer, William Thacker (@ThrillWhacker), this morning tweeted, "Over the moors" and posted a photo of a rickety old barn and a leafless tree.


OVER THE MOORS - PHOTO BY WILLIAM THACKER

I tweeted William to ask how he could possibly know what a young M was like, to which he replied, "Time will tell!"

William Thacker
THACKER'S TWITTER PROFILE PIC - MORRISSEYESQUE

5 comments:

  1. ah, I see he couldn't get the cat to sit on his head

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its unfair of me to judge so early but I can't help but feel cautious & anxious about "Steven". I assume Morrissey is not involved? Therefore I fear the film will not do him justice. Am being too precious... As WT said time will tell.

    Poetic words from NAD. Leaves me mindful of much missed Astra & her tender ways, always mischievous & with a wicked, playful sparkle in her eye.
    Of course more Va Va Voom is always welcome.

    I often wonder how Moz feels about being filmed & having his photo taken when he's unaware. Anyway hope he enjoys his trip to LA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Morrissey hasn't been involved in 'Steven', then it is destined to fail. Apart from Autobiography, letters to music papers & the Robert Mackie correspondence, not enough information has ever been made public for anyone to come up with realistic dialogue. Thacker's "time will tell" makes me wonder if in fact Moz HAS aided him... although I wouldn't expect Moz to admit to it. One thing is for sure, if Moz HASN'T had any input, a TTY statement will swiftly follow the film's release saying something along the lines of, "Steven is wholly fabricated and unrealistic - watch it at your peril". Time will indeed tell.

      Delete
  3. Hello Ratty, I'm happy to see Morrissey arriving in Lax relaxed and in top form. Steven? We have to wait. What do you think about a vynil chart for tomorrow? Give me a shout, thank you. Buonanotte.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive