Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Day 1756 - Question time

Woh, I'm go_ing to Bergen
Woh, backa to the fjords (not that I've ever been before)
Woh, I'm going to see The Mozzer
Woh, in the sunny(??) North sea

Yep, I have bought the ticket, booked the flight, and reserved the hotel. When Moz returns to the stage on August 6th for his first concert since Vegas on January 2nd, I will be there.










The only tickets that were available for the impressive 1500 seater Grieg Hall were right at the back, but if I manage to do what I did at the all seater Royal Festival Hall in London, and the London Palladium, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music, I will be stood right at the front - blue rose (and quite possibly inflated red rose) in hand.

GRIEG HALL, BERGEN

August 6th cannot come soon enough, but today I head off to sunnier climes for a family holiday. It will be a welcome break for my two darling offspring following six months of revision and exams, whereas I'm just glad to be getting away from the fall-out farce of the UK's EU referendum vote/Tory leadership battle, and the non-stop rain that flattens my cricket - these are the things that kill me.

As I head off, I thought it would be an idea to invite my few remaining readers to post a question each for Morrissey, in the hope that he might give another exclusive interview to Following The Mozziah. Morrissey previously answered FTM questions in May 2012, March 2013 and July 2013; not that the outside world noticed - with the exception of Alex Pollard and John D. Luerssen, as mentioned in my previous blog entry.

I ask that you make your question as interesting as possible, although if you want to ask Morrissey what book he is currently reading, or what his favourite pizza topping is (I'm guessing Vegan parmesan cheese), then that is up to you. I dearly hope someone asks if the Smiths will ever reunite, as no Moz interview is complete without it.

I shall start the ball rolling:

1. In May 2012, you told us, "it feels more miraculous by the day that I exist". With so many deaths this year of those involved in popular culture, your fans grow ever fearful that you could be next. How is your current state of health, and would you like to give a prediction of when you will clock off?

2. The story is old, but it goes on... any news of a record deal, and if not, are you still not prepared to self-release?

3. What has happened to the audio book version of List of the Lost, that had initially been scheduled for release at the end of June?

4. It is criminal that Warner UK were not interested in doing anything to mark the 30th anniversary of The Queen is Dead. Will you bother asking them to do anything for Strangeways 30th? A vinyl release of the original version of Death of a DD would be nice.

5. If the UK does leave the EU, do you foresee any real change?

6. Any chance of you singing I've Changed My Plea To Guilty on the upcoming tour - for EARS?

7. Will you wear a blue rose on this upcoming tour?








Embedded image permalink

38 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased that you are going to see Moz in August Rats.
    As it happens I too am off for some sunshine today. I am writing this from the airport so need to be swift.
    Question number 6 is very thoughtful of you Rats, but I think the answer will be a no! OM said some time back it wouldn't be sung again & I doubt he will have had a change of heart. I can't begin to tell you what it would mean to me to hear it live, but somethings just aren't meant to be.

    I will need some time to ponder on a question. Take care all & I hope you & your family have a lovely holiday Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Neal Cassady Drops Dead, you sing "Victim, or life's adventurer, which of the two are you?"
    Do you believe life experiences (negative or positive) or externally-imposed social roles form us into one of these two options, or do we perhaps ourselves perpetuate our own state as one? Are we free to choose, or do you feel it is more complicated than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh one more - "List of the Lost" was categorized as a "Gothic romance." Were there any particular literary influences that inspired you to write a book under this genre?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would dearly love to go but the ticket prices are a bit steep. With hotel and travel I am looking at £200...

      Delete
    2. Me! My lovely friend got me tickets and it looks like I'll be doing Manc and Berlin - I can't wait! x Now I'm just wondering if he's going to add another date... which makes me consider rebooking my flight just in case...

      Delete
    3. I simply cannot wait to see you again! Let alone Moz...

      Hammersmith isn't even a year ago. And US flew by.
      We've been lucky.

      Delete
    4. It's so exciting! And I've never even been to Manchester before

      Delete
  6. Morrissey, you should play another show in Finland - your OWN concert, not festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flow is the best festival I've been to, much better than any in England.

      Delete
    2. I loved the show in Finlandia Hall... Moz loved it too. :)

      Delete
    3. Finlandia Hall was nice but I like Flow Festival too. Hope we have an awesome weather then!

      Delete
  7. Hello Ratty dear, I'm wishing you a very special holiday with your family and I would like to ask to Morrissey if he ever thought to publish a book with a nome de plume quite like the most famous italian author "Elena Ferrante", that's why I'm pretty sure List of the Lost could be a best seller with exellent reviews if it was signed by an author named Mario Rossi or Mary Smith! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ratty dear, I'm wishing you a very special holiday with your family and I would like to ask to Morrissey if he ever thought to publish a book with a nome de plume quite like the most famous italian author "Elena Ferrante", that's why I'm pretty sure List of the Lost could be a best seller with exellent reviews if it was signed by an author named Mario Rossi or Mary Smith! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been let off the hook from eating your "own ratty testicles" then ratbags.

    Anyway fantastic news. I pleased in this instance you were correct!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With the exciting news of the Manc date, I find myself growing increasingly more envious, but also thrilled, for everyone who will be seeing the upcoming tour. I'll have to think about an interview question, but for now I'd really like to know the answer to question no. 3 - what's happening with the audiobook? Hope you have a wonderful holiday, Ratty (and EARS, as well - how lovely it would be to have ICMP included in the set!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't really think of a thought provoking question at this time. I wanted to thank Moz for the Hate-rosexuality statement on TTY. It was such a thoughtful and well written piece. And the violence continues in Istanbul, Bangladesh and Baghdad. We certainly live in an insane world. Will this hatred and violence ever end? Is there another world? Is there a better world?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you accept my blue rose dear Moz? Cannot think of anything intelligent right now. So happy to see you performing live. I just want to see the boy happy. Who cares about the Smiths anyway. Morrissey has an awesome band right now. They respect each other. So excited ������

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question for Moz: What is it that draws you so much to Scandinavia and have you got a favourite Scandinavian country?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always felt you've got a strong sense of self. I remember you saying you are your own best friend, which I found inspiring. What do you do to achieve this? What are the greatest challenges? What/whom, if anything helps?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What happened to the blue rose ring? Is it still in your bedside table?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think loneliness is the sharpest emotional pain I've experienced. How do you try to dealwith it when it can feel so ooverwhelming.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Answer to your third question is 'abandoned'. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Q from me - Do you have anything tucked up your sleeve for your upcoming tour?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Moz waited until Rat had booked everything for August 6th before announcing Manchester.

    He can afford to go to both though anyway, what with a swimming pool in his garden.

    ReplyDelete
  20. In case you don't have a record deal yet, which I don't hope...
    I read in an interview after WPINOYB was released, you have enough material to make the next record. Since no record companies have given you a(n interesting) deal and you're not in favour of crowd funding, what will you + the band do if record companies keep showing no interest to get your music released? (And I hope the answer is not 'QUIT'...)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen you say in interviews that the poet-types are never the ones who run for political positions like president, prime minister, etc, which is quite true. Why do you think that is, and how would you envision the world if more people of this type were to attain such roles?

    ReplyDelete
  22. How do you feel when people label you as "gay"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Morrissey would easly answer "straight"...lol!

      Delete
    2. I think Morrissey would easly answer "straight"...lol!

      Delete
  23. Bergen really is a lovely looking venue
    I admit that playing journalist isn't my first choice for fun, I'm more of a truth or dare person but I tried my best to make these questions as interesting as possible.

    How do you feel about your audience of present day? Have they surpassed your expectations of what an audience should be, how do you feel when you see yourself (image, lyrics, fashion) portrayed by younger people you hold you to such high esteem, do you feel comforted by the thought of this generation immortalizing you somehow?


    "List of the Lost" was such a grand diversion from song writing and met with mixed reviews yet have you ever entertained the idea of seeing your novel on the screen or stage?


    What is it about Bruce Lee that allures you? For myself it is his incredible power restrained by self control, do you recognize similar qualities in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you believe in happiness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't.

      Would he answer like that? I would.

      Delete
  26. that picture of moz on the couch on TTY, have we seen it before, the old MW blog for instance, it has set bells ringing in my head (or maybe it is just tinnitus)

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive