Total Pageviews

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Day 2076 - Brockmans' island

A rather tipsy Dawn Mist showed up in The Wrong Arms last night, clutching a black bottle. Here are her offerings:

"The lighthouse shines brighter on the island."

"One may return back to the lighthouse of hopelessness."

"The lighthouse has found a new gin. Brockmans is quintessentially exquisite."

Image result for brockmans
NEW FAVOURITE TIPPLE OF THE LIGHTHOUSE

When I enquired if the lighthouse referred to might be on Long Island, the reply was:

"Alas, not this year. EC only for reformation"

The reformation referred to is the one which had been hinted at last month. I asked, "No ref this year then?", to which Dawn replied, "*blows cheeks* apparently not".

I now think I know what the "death" and "personal sadness" that Our Mozzer referred to the other day was all about.

Image result for smiths is dead

Dawn often speaks in riddles, and I am wondering if the lighthouse on the island could refer to there being a forthcoming concert in Hawaii; the place where Morrissey gave me an interview in 2012 - an interview which included a quote about What Difference Does it Make, which Songfacts.com now quote as gospel.
Image result for lighthouse hawaii
DIAMOND HEAD LIGHTHOUSE IN HAWAII

And finally, something that could mean something, or could mean nothing. On True-To-You website last week, Morrissey announced a 'schedule' for concerts in the US, whereas the dates for Mexico were listed as 'confirmed'. Despite some of these US shows having already sold out, will they actually go ahead?



And now, I am off for a pint in The Spice Island Inn, and then to watch my football team play against Accrington Stanley.... no Brockmans in the surroundings of luxury lighthouses for little old me.

Image result for spice island portsmouth

11 comments:

  1. The Hawaii interview is a true classic. Funny that you mentioned that nobody would think it was real - Songfacts proved you wrong. Are they BRS members? Delightful to see Dawn in the Arms last night, although I was too weary from life to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Dawn is back, I was beginning to panic after such a long period of radio silence. I think the US dates will go ahead, otherwise that TTY post would be a bit underhand, even by OM's standards.
    Its a shame about the reformation, maybe that's why Dawn was on about looking for JM in the Guardian.

    P.S. Who is Chuck? Why are they banned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Chuck, you daft s*d - no one else would bother asking after her, I mean you!
      And why would the TTY post be underhand? Schedules mean there is every intention. You don't change.

      Delete
    2. I'm not her. I've been digging through what remains of your archives and found this:
      CHUCK: 1/2. Fell out with Broken when he refused to provide her with the evidence she demanded during 'Fag-gate'. Has pretended to be me on both SoLow & twitter, so has previous form for such things. Very bitter about having been expelled from the BRS by Broken.
      I'm assuming this is 'Fag-gate':
      GOB: 500/1. Fell out with Broken after allegedly mocking his suicide attempt, calling him a fag, and showing disgust at him fancying a younger man (Bieber)
      I'm only asking because you already called me Chuck and I saw the name used in the comment section of Dawn's blog.

      I interpreted your questioning of the US dates as them being intentionally cancelled, and meant that if OM were to intentionally cancel dates, why would he announce that they'd sold out on TTY?

      Delete
    3. 'Rat,

      OM has requested that you stop being suspicious of any new member's.

      Regards

      Dawn'

      I just read your "Morrissey would never"....Yet again! Post and I could shoot myself, if I’d had read it earlier I would never have needed to ask who Chuck was. Leaving aside how I would never excuse such abuse, in the comment section 307someday accused you of pretending to be me. I bet you she’s talking about your previous post where you call me Chuck. Again, in OM most recent blog post born-again atheist brought up Chuck so I took the opportunity to ask who she was, and 307someday responded. As I didn’t know who she was or if I could trust her, I then asked you who she was. After seeing our conversation 307someday has deleted her comment (it was nothing interesting, just her slagging off BRS) and instead wrote ‘And also, Rat please stop talking to yourself’.
      So Chuck thinks I am you and you think I am Chuck. Fine. If OM does another UK gig I’ll get at the barrier and give him a gift. Then at least he’ll know I'm not Chuck.

      Delete
  3. wow, this place.. pure comedy genius

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does 'the List' of people who queue overnight & get in standing early have anything to do with BRS? Manchester was the first big gig I went standing, so I don't know how unusual this is, but it strikes might as something quite cultish, and I've heard of people getting in gigs by presenting a blue rose, or something along those lines. Sorry to use this place as a form of forum, but I don't trust SoLow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ratty, I hope you're ok, it's always a pleasure read your blog and the comments too. Have a nice day!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confirm me. Don't schedule me.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive