Total Pageviews

Monday, 13 March 2017

Day 2106 - Industrial cleaning

It has only been 11 days since Our Mozzer called it a day and left The Wrong Arms for good, but it feels like a lifetime. I am really missing having OM around, and going through 'Moz cold turkey' isn't a pleasant experience, but at the same time, I am managing to be fairly philosophical about it all - nothing lasts forever, and the whole experience really had fizzled out.

I don't think I will ever really get my head around how the story panned out. How was it that a handful of people were able to see what no one else could? And what-is-more, if the likes of; Rosy Mires, Willow, Ecubyan Soap dish (I forget his real name), Edge of industrial photo guy (I forget his name too), Marcus the Greek, Merry Anne and all those others who were part of the story were real Morrissey fans, then WHY oh WHY did they walk away, and not stay part of something that was so unbelievable?

I don't really know why I am writing this, I can only guess that it is part of my cold turkey. I've managed to give up twitter, after all, there is no point in just kicking the dirt.

I will publish this entry, along with another entry I wrote the other day, and in a couple of days time, I will delete them both, so that I leave The Final Curtain as the, er, final curtain!

Whilst I am here, and going through cold turkey, I may as well write about Morrissey's latest exploits. He arrived back (home?) in LA on Friday, and previous to that gave a couple of interviews to the press in Houston - the Free Houston Press and the Houston Press, who presumably aren't as liberated!

In the Free Houston Press interview, Morrissey mentions his liking for the bands, The Briggs and Refused, neither of whom I am familiar with.

The Non Free Houston Press interview is a far better one, and in it Moz explains that the reason he was recently at the BMG Office in London, is because, "I own an industrial cleaning company and we had arrived to tidy up the offices. That was fake news, by the way." In answer to the question, 'Is there a song in history of music that you wish you had written?' Morrissey replies, "Many! There is a Bacharach-David song called 'Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets', which is quite a mouthful and pacy yet tender, and is obviously about the agony of almost."



Morrissey also states in the interview that he "let the team down" with his vocal on the Smiths song 'I Want the One I Can't Have'. This is, of course, utter bollocks.


A couple of days ago, I went to see Gilbert O'Sullivan in concert, which was thoroughly enjoyable. After singing Nothing Rhymed, Gilb told a story about Morrissey being a fan of the song, and how he had sung a cover of it. He then added that his daughter had showed him a Youtube clip of Morrissey singing the b side of the record, I Didn't Know What To Do, which had reminded Gilb of just how good a song it was. He then launched into the song. It was nice that Morrissey got a double reference, but Gilb's memory must be as bad as mine, because I Didn't Know What To Do was actually the b side of We Will, which incidentally was my favourite song of the evening.



Anyway, I shouldn't be here, so I shall turn off the landing light, and go back to my writing desk - I'm a published newspaper columnist these days..... although I would give it up in a flash if it meant having Our Mozzer back. Good night.

*Goes off singing* It's not easy pretending that you cannot hear, once you've suffered the affliction within.

Ps - whilst checking the official online Morrissey Mporium to see if it was selling the Mozziah t-shirts for Easter this year; which incidentally, it's not, I noticed the shop selling Viva Hate t shirts, with a rose on! Nice.


Image result for viva hate rose


8 comments:

  1. Morrissey has a new record deal. Or is that old news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how would you know this, mysterious Ernie Jones? Which label pray tell?

      Delete
  2. I am also trying to stay philosophical. The gap will be impossible to fill, but the memories will last a life time.
    Glad to see Morrissey's humour is still so sharp, I laughed at the industrial cleaning comment.
    Viva Moz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss conversing with Willow. Yes, Dawn is a very lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also missing OM greatly, so the recent interviews were a welcome surprise - really enjoyed the cleaning comment. I also enjoyed the 'Loneliness' video that you posted - fascinating to see Burt and Dionne working together on that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss OM too! Was reading through some of the old blog entries and tweets that I kept and was laughing my head off at times! I will always treasure this memory!

      Delete
  5. Probably cleaning the world's dirt from under his fingernails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of roses, I enjoyed seeing photos of Jose Maldonado wearing a beautiful blue rose shirt at the recent Mozarmy meet.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive