Total Pageviews

Friday, 31 March 2017

Day 2124 - Deep places


Image result for Morrissey

Alf Button (@AlfsButton) made an unexpected visit to The Wrong Arms yesterday, staying from 9pm (2pm Mexico time) to 10.30pm (3.30pm Mehico).

Related image

Alf appeared to be in a somewhat dark mood, although he did lighten-up enough to take the piss out of me - which is a hobby of his that never fails to bring a smile to my face - and he also got smutty with EARS.
Here are the highlights of his conversations:

ALF: The external world is only of interest to me for my art. 

GOB: And otherwise best avoided. Too depressing...

ALF: Ones emotional distance from the trivial world stops such feelings. I am depressed in myself and nothing more. This is simply a fable of fact.
Image result for morrissey glum larry king

ALF: Where does the fiction cease and the reality begin? Where is the crystallisation? 

NAT: That is rather abstract.

ALF: I imagine it is two mad dogs fighting over the dead body of their master.
Image result for morrissey fans shirt fight


ALF: One is constantly wondering if reality arrived before poetry or if poetry could exist without a reality.

RAT: Interesting. Poetry is a reflection of reality, so without knowledge of the reality, surely it would be impossible to write.

ALF: That has hardly stopped modern day pop singers from writing has it?

RAT: They're guessing. Can anyone really believe that Ed Sheeran has lived a real life?

ALF: Is Dread Beer-run considered a pop writer? I consider him a caveman with one hand.

Image result for ED SHEERAN CAVEMAN
DREAD BEER-RUN - ONE HANDED CAVEMAN


RAT: Pop stars used to be handsome, now anyone can be a pin-up, even one handed cavemen.

ALF: Yet your portraits are hanging in a ramshackle shed in Dagenham.

Image result for SHED RAMSHACKLE GARDEN
HOME TO MY PORTRAITS.... ALTHOUGH WHY DAGENHAM IS ANYONE'S GUESS.... IN FACT, AS DAGENHAM DAVE WAS A DERISIVE SONG, PERHAPS DAGENHAM IS MORRISSEY'S 'GO TO PLACE' FOR DERISION - HIS ARSE OF THE WORLD, IF YOU LIKE. WHY AM I STILL WRITING ALL THIS AS A CAPTION? BEST I TAKE OFF THE CAP LOCK AND BOLD TYPE AND MOVE ON

I've never actually been to Dagenham, but a quick Google search informs me that a couple of years ago it was voted 'Britain's Most Miserable Area' and it is also the most burgled place in Britain - I hope my portraits are safe in that shed!

Alf in The Arms continued:

ALF: The life of imagination and the life of action are one and the same. (I really can't agree with this, although maybe it is for him - Ed)

ALF: When all is said and done musicians are of a higher importance than scientists.

EARS: Music can touch the deepest places where nothing else can reach. This holds invaluable meaning.

ALF: One does not need to be alerted to your deep places.

HEATHER: What would life be without music?

ALF: The same as music without life. We live because we have no say in the matter. We listen because we do.

Image result for morrissey listening to music

HEATHER: Life is unfathomable without music and art.

ALF: My life is unfathomable and unexplainable with or without the arts. I am an empty vessel flowing down the cultural nadir.

RAT: We all have our destiny. At least you float!

ALF: If you have the power to make someone happy I really wouldn't bother.
Image result for morrissey floating


STOP PRESS (5.25PM UK TIME)

Alf Button paid a visit to The Wrong Arms today (4.45pm UK - 9.45am Mexico) to do a little explaining to us regular irregulars aka the Dreary Deluded Dozen aka the BRS.

Alf started by retweeting a tweet of Dawn Mist's from March 21st, in which Dawn had written, "Paris is off the list."

I asked Alf, "But what does it mean? Where is this list?" He replied, "Must I spell it out? Because I did not sing it out."

Suddenly the penny dropped. I, along with others, had presumed that Dawn's reference to Paris had been the place, and that perhaps it wasn't to be included on an upcoming European tour, but what Dawn was actually referring to was the song! - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris has been taken off the SET list.

Alf's next retweet of Dawn's was again from March 21st. It was a tweet that had originally followed the 'Paris tweet', and it read, "As is Scandinavia." Again, I and others had taken this as a reference to the place, but it too was a reference to the song, which also wasn't on the Monterrey set list... although in fairness, Scandi doesn't get sung as often as Paris.

Alf then retweeted Dawn's tweet to me from March 23rd, in which she had told me, "Trouble loves Me will not be number one (on the Wrong Arms Chart - Ed). You'll see."

Alf then left, with his parting words being, "How could Dawn possibly know how I feel?"

11 comments:

  1. That comment to EARS last night made me laugh - glad he hasn't lost his smuttiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, considering Alf's last tweet, his appearance in The Arms made me very happy. His philosophical musings are a most welcome change of pace from the usual discourse one encounters in the real and virtual worlds. And, of course, his sense of humor is much appreciated as well. It's interesting how an empty vessel can move others so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Alf
    For all of you, here
    And for luck and love

    In honor of a beautiful start to what will be a beautiful tour
    I want to leave with you in your hands, this

    A song to make all hearts melt. And to make the turntables die with smile

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opmBoNLx2U

    Astra inclinant, sed non obligant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, Astra, from the bottom of my melted and unbound heart.

      Delete
    2. Lovely song, Astra. Wondering if you'll join us again on Twitter?

      Delete
    3. I’m glad you liked the song, chicklet. And I’d love to join you again. Really, I would. But you know how I am sometimes – easy come, easy go.

      Right now I have my eyes on the prize, my finger on the trigger, my mind in the gutter, and I’m already double or nothing on a slow road to hell.

      Silk ribbons in my tousled hair do nothing to disguise my wayward wiles. On second thought - maybe silk ribbons are the cherry on top, and the supreme point to everything, in the end.

      I’ll dip my toe in now and again, thank you for your thoughtful and endearing invitation, but not on Twitter I’m afraid – no, sweetpea. In any case, nothing worth having ever remains.

      I can box that promise for you and seal it with a sweeter-than-honey kiss. Because there’s no truer promise that anyone could ever make, than that one. Nothing worth having can ever be tamed, and that will never change.

      In other news, away from Twitter I’m currently perfecting a certain allure, for summer.

      My dancing-on-tables allure, to be very exactly, perfectly precise. I’ve been using the two videos below as inspiration. I think I’m ready now. But then again, I always was.

      Think of me softly. Then think of me kindly.

      Then think of me, never again

      In dissolute dedication,

      Always

      ------------------------------------------------

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXyI8zwQFyU

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbRKL4y6uko

      Music makes the world go 'round. Morrissey makes the world go faster.

      Delete
    4. I just fabricated something here and forgot to post, 10 minutes later and all my words were lost in the big black whole of a hole in space. So here I go again:

      Thanks for posting these thrilling videos, dear Astra. Your music choices are as always superbly on point. I love your alluring dancing-on-tables activity for the Summer and it would be fun to rendezvous somewhere in the vicinity of a celestial body of your choice. What better way to warm up stiff winter limbs, make them flexible and daring again to swirl and turn on table and bar tops in hot summer nights. I absolutely adore the idea.

      Please don't pull the trigger, think of your pink ribbons and soft little lambs instead. Your dropping a few stars here, and you're fabulous confabulations will be missed dearly.

      Forever spellbound I salute you









      Delete
  4. Alf certainly gave me a laugh last night. Love his sense of humour.
    Cheers for the updates Rats, I often seem to miss some tweets.
    Its lovely that Astra has stopped by with such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful conversation I missed last night! Thanks Ratty for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive