Total Pageviews

Saturday, 19 August 2017

Day 2265 - On my radio

Last Friday I wrote about a photograph of a transistor radio that Morrissey's producer, Joe Chiccarelli, had posted on twitter. I had failed to see that Chiccarelli had also tweeted the words, "Mixing for radio. 50 years ago."

[​IMG]


On my last blog entry of two days ago, I reported that Morrissey had played the song, Just Couldn't Resist Her With Her Pocket Transistor, and girlwithout (GWO) left a comment saying that perhaps this was a nod to Joe's tweet.

Morfessa collared me in the toilets of The Wrong Arms on Thursday morning and whispered, "Clever girlwithout."


Could it be that Morrissey is telling us that the new song, All The Young People, includes a sample of Alma Cogan? Or perhaps a sample of a song from 50 years ago? Is the song a nod to Bowie's All The Young Dudes, which is incredibly now 45 years old. Or did Joe have the transistor in the mixing studio to add some radio interference, like the sample at the beginning of I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday? I put this last question to Morfessa on Thursday evening, and got the reply, "Perhaps. Who knows?"

Image result for morrissey shrugging shoulders

Morfessa also instructed me to remove comments that had been left on my blog by Chuck, who had turned up to post some ridiculous theory about the new Twin Peaks series being linked to MorrisseysWorld, and to denounce Morfessa as a fraud. Morfessa also added, "Chuck is still banned", which makes perfect sense, as Chuck only ever brings discord to our small little group, and seems incapable of accepting that just because the online Morrissey doesn't behave exactly as she believes Morrissey should/would behave, then it can't be him. Morfessa took to The Arms to play Morrissey's I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, which perhaps Chuck and certain others should take note of.

Yesterday evening I played I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday on the jukebox in The Arms. Morfessa favourited my tweet. Morfessa doesn't usually favourite tweets of songs I play. Hmmm.

And finally, The Wrong Arms has a new resident DJ. I killed Fluff off a few weeks ago, and we now have Robert 'Bitchy Bobby' Neville (@geniussteals) installed behind the wheels of steel. He's still a cunt, but now at least, he's our cunt. Morfessa greeted the arrival of Bitchy Bob by playing Susan Maughn's Bobby's Girl on the jukebox - tart!

16 comments:

  1. well I never, yes, I can be a man of short words

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On what basis did you dismiss Morfessa, especially as you can't see his tweets?
      And why did you dismiss Dawn, other than the criticism given to MerryAnne's 'look at me' tweets?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I can't be bothered. My days of trying to convince people that the tweeting/blogging Morrissey impersonator is actually Morrissey are long gone. I don't give a flying fruit cake what you or anyone else choose to believe. If you're genuinely interested, may I suggest you go back and read FTM from the very beginning.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I quite like all the Twin Peaks references, although I will have to wait for ages until the new series shows on any of the tv channels that I watch. It certainly cannot be dismissed as it figured so heavily on MW. And you must remember the curtain at La Fabrique http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/day-1045-curtains-gainsbourg-emails.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MW may have referenced Twin Peaks, but are you seriously trying to suggest that David Lynch has written the new series to reference MorrisseysWorld? I don't see any links from what Chuck has so far suggested.

      Delete
    2. How did you get that from what I said? MW referenced Twin Peaks, on that we both agree. Twin Peaks was relevant to MW and therefore it must still be of interest to some MWorlders. I haven't seen the new Twin Peaks, but I like hearing about the new series.

      Delete
    3. My apologies, I thought you were saying you liked Chuck's new Twin Peak references.
      For the record, I asked Monsieur Morfessa if he had seen the new Twin Peaks series, and he has not!

      Delete
  4. Moz may not have ever promised me a rose garden, but I would like to take this time to publicly announce that I, Jesse Nothing, do promise Morrissey a rose garden. There. I said it. I hope he never bans me from his world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my transistor radio & have vivid memories of holding the microphone of the cassette recorder to the speakers to record the charts.And I thought I was the bees knees when I upgraded to a digital clock radio.
    I feel prehistoric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you're not alone!❤️😘😘

      Delete
  6. By virtue of the power vested in me by a higher order, ie The Mozziah, the person known to some as Chuck aka 307someday, is hereby banned from commenting on this blogsite for the period of her lifetime.
    Signed
    T R B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to watch the original twin peaks.. but.. psst!!! I didn't really like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mind you I didn't like Peyton Place either, fancy putting it on when it should have been kids programmes (tea time)

      Delete

Mozziah Archive